ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021-22 NHL Regular Season Thread

As an Islanders fan, I was really hoping that the Rangers rolled over and died being down 2-0 last night, but props to them for battling back. Hoping some of these series get to a magical game 7.

My friend Larry Brooks with the news
Great news, but I’m pretty shocked. Finally a reasonable response from the player safety people with a hit involving Crosby/Pens.

Should be interesting to hear the Pitt crowd get on Trouba anytime he touches the puck on Friday. Keep your head up Jacob!

I hope I am wrong but this feels a lot like the 1992 Rangers-Penguins series. Let's hope the Rangers win Game 6 & 7. Can't stand the Penguins. I root again them no matter who they play. Goes back to Lemieux through Crosby & Malkinstein. Hate that the NHL favors them in every way.

In other news, Shesterkin is a Hart finalist as MVP.

Despite the fact that McDavid has Draisatl, and Matthews has Marner, I still don't think he'll win. But, I think an argument could be made, and he certainly belongs in the conversation.
Without Shesterkin, the Rangers do not finish anywhere near the top of the division.

My opinion : Trouba hit on Crosby was dirty - as it was elbow to head / face. . Though I’m rooting for Rangers , I don’t take any satisfaction when my team wins due to a perceived and I thought dirty play
I hope Crosby is ok and can play games 6 and 7
I think Trouba may be suspended which his actions may warrant.

Clean hit ... No suspension ... Crosby was caught looking at the ice

As an Islanders fan, I was really hoping that the Rangers rolled over and died being down 2-0 last night, but props to them for battling back. Hoping some of these series get to a magical game 7.
It's been a bland start to the playoffs so far. High scoring, but not enough close games.

Some game 7's would be a nice way to ramp up the excitement levels.

+1
100% clean hit. Dumbass Crosby dropped down to avoid a shoulder on shoulder hit and caused the hit to his head.

Trouba will be suspended because the NHL kisses Crosby's ass and has been helping the Pens win the series.
He didn't drop down to avoid a hit, he stumbled because when Trouba went for the pokecheck, he missed the puck and got Crosby's skate. Then Trouba pulled his arm up to avoid a tripping penalty and inadvertently caught Crosby up high with his arm. This wasn't even close to being worthy of a hearing, let alone result in a suspension. At MOST it's a minor for elbowing or hit to the head, but it went uncalled as it probably would at least 50% of the time since it was accidental, so be it.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
He didn't drop down to avoid a hit, he stumbled because when Trouba went for the pokecheck, he missed the puck and got Crosby's skate. Then Trouba pulled his arm up to avoid a tripping penalty and inadvertently caught Crosby up high with his arm. This wasn't even close to being worthy of a hearing, let alone result in a suspension. At MOST it's a minor for elbowing or hit to the head, but it went uncalled as it probably would at least 50% of the time since it was accidental, so be it.
Good point.....including the reminder that not even a minor penalty was called.

My my my. Is this the same fanbase crying about someone intentionally running Shesterkin a few games ago?

Great news, but I’m pretty shocked. Finally a reasonable response from the player safety people with a hit involving Crosby/Pens.

Should be interesting to hear the Pitt crowd get on Trouba anytime he touches the puck on Friday. Keep your head up Jacob!
They’re going to be tough on Igor also.
Those two should have fun with it.
Nothing better than getting booed on the road

Would be nice for the Rangers to show up tonight. They were dreadful in G3 and G4.

The Pens announced that Crosby won't be playing in tonights game. Hopefully Reeves will be on the ice during his first shift to help. The arena will be filled with boo's all game for Trouba and Igor. Hopefully the Rangers can bring the series back to the Grden.

The Pens announced that Crosby won't be playing in tonights game. Hopefully Reeves will be on the ice during his first shift to help. The arena will be filled with boo's all game for Trouba and Igor. Hopefully the Rangers can bring the series back to the Grden.
With Motte able to play, Reaves should be nowhere near the ice and the Rangers could play an effective fourth line against an injury depleted Pens team.

Of course , I don’t believe Gallant will actually sit Reaves tonight.

Reactions: zappaa
Mika is sleep walking.
Kreider, I have no idea what he’s doing.
The entire series.
Strome also
Mika has 5 goals in 36 career playoff games. This is what he is, a guy who plays on the perimeter and avoids contact, which works in the regular season but not in the playoffs.

His contract extension hasn’t even taken effect yet and it might be the worst contract on the team.

Nice of Gallant to feel sorry for the Pens missing so many players by only dressing 11 forwards and Reaves.

I worried about the young guys not having any post season experience. I guess we needed to worry about our veteran "leadership." (In quotes because here, you lead by EXAMPLE!

I worried about the young guys not having any post season experience. I guess we needed to worry about our veteran "leadership." (In quotes because here, you lead by EXAMPLE!
There is no one to lead. A guy like Goodrow would be key here, but there isn't a lot or very good leadership on this team (esp w playoff experience).

I mean who on the entire team would you say has looked good this series???

For me it's Miller, Lindgren, Lafrienne, period.

Mika has 5 goals in 36 career playoff games. This is what he is, a guy who plays on the perimeter and avoids contact, which works in the regular season but not in the playoffs.

His contract extension hasn’t even taken effect yet and it might be the worst contract on the team.

Nice of Gallant to feel sorry for the Pens missing so many players by only dressing 11 forwards and Reaves.
How’s that for timing a post? I will be happy to eat crow if the reason is Zibanejad going on one of his “regular season” type runs

How’s that for timing a post? I will be happy to eat crow if the reason is Zibanejad going on one of his “regular season” type runs
I liked your post but needed to reply to indicate just how much I liked it.

ADVERTISEMENT