ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021-22 NHL Regular Season Thread

NHL guys on TNT we’re saying there’s a chance that Jarry is the goalie for Pens in game 7.

NHL guys on TNT we’re saying there’s a chance that Jarry is the goalie for Pens in game 7.

Hasn't played a game in over a month, and Domingue hasn't been bad (or truly tested, IMO); I'd be really surprised if they start him.

Hasn't played a game in over a month, and Domingue hasn't been bad (or truly tested, IMO); I'd be really surprised if they start him.
Don’t follow Mike.
I get Jarry hasn’t played, that I agree with you on.
The fact Dominique hasn’t been tested and still gives up goals in bunches with a save % in the 800s is not playing well

Don’t follow Mike.
I get Jarry hasn’t played, that I agree with you on.
The fact Dominique hasn’t been tested and still gives up goals in bunches with a save % in the 800s is not playing well

Feel like the Rangers should have been able to expose him for what he is; an AHL goalie.

Feel like the Rangers should have been able to expose him for what he is; an AHL goalie.
The Rangers will continue to make the extra pass to try and score a highlight goal that can beat anyone, rather than shoot more and take advantage of goalies who don’t need special plays to be beaten.

Reactions: miker183
The Rangers will continue to make the extra pass to try and score a highlight goal that can beat anyone, rather than shoot more and take advantage of goalies who don’t need special plays to be beaten.
The Rangers have scored 24 goals in 6 games. 4 goals per game should be plenty if Igor and the defense play as they should.

Domingue Is obviously not a good goalie. The goal he gave up on Kreider to make the score 4-3 was pee wee amateur.
Unless Domingue plays like Tretiak tomorrow, he’s giving up 4-5 plus goals tomorrow minimally.

I will be at game 7 tomorrow. Very excited. Only my 2nd game 7 ever attending. Other one was when Mets lost to Cardinals in game 7 2006 NLCS that I still can’t believe we lost after the Chavez catch.

I will be at game 7 tomorrow. Very excited. Only my 2nd game 7 ever attending. Other one was when Mets lost to Cardinals in game 7 2006 NLCS that I still can’t believe we lost after the Chavez catch.

I attended every game in '94. The place was loud and atmosphere was awesome.

Have fun!!

Reactions: BigEastPhil
Apparently Crosby skated w/o non contact jersey today. Forgetting tomorrows game for a minute, how can a guy with serious concussion history, whose missed almost entire seasons from it, come back so quickly? Doesn't seem smart

Apparently Crosby skated w/o non contact jersey today. Forgetting tomorrows game for a minute, how can a guy with serious concussion history, whose missed almost entire seasons from it, come back so quickly? Doesn't seem smart
It was an optional skate with no contact so he didn’t need an identifying Jersey.
That said I totally agree with you if it was a concussion.
His style of play would be severely compromised if he plays imo.
If it was a concussion and he’s feeling better this fast, it only takes a jarring upper body hit, or any whip lash type head movements to mess with the brain fluid.
Can’t even imagine the doctor clearing him

Reactions: RU Cheese
It was an optional skate with no contact so he didn’t need an identifying Jersey.
That said I totally agree with you if it was a concussion.
His style of play would be severely compromised if he plays imo.
If it was a concussion and he’s feeling better this fast, it only takes a jarring upper body hit, or any whip lash type head movements to mess with the brain fluid.
Can’t even imagine the doctor clearing him

IIRC, the time where he missed almost a full year was the result of a 2nd concussion after returning too soon from a previous ones.

See no chance the Pens take that chance if it was a concussion. If it wasn't, then perhaps he plays.

Reactions: zappaa
I have to admit seeing JT and Leafs go down provides a ray of sunshine during a period of uncertainty with regard to the Isles.

I didn't follow the Isles salary structure all that closely. But, I think Tavares' tenure with the NYI was negatively impacted by the remainder of the DePietro contract. Whatever year it started in, the term was 15 years. I always thought that was nuts.

And the Isles had to trade Devon Toews for essentially nothing. Toews now one one of the best D in the league. May go down as one of Lou's worst moves.

And the Isles had to trade Devon Toews for essentially nothing. Toews now one one of the best D in the league. May go down as one of Lou's worst moves.
Well I think he did get two second rounders but that was a salary cap driven deal. Could have traded Leddy instead but wound up having to dump him as well the following year.

Several years of relatively flat caps really highlights bad contracts. They may have entered some regrettable longer term deals last year as well.

There is a contingent of leafs fans not too happy with JT taking up 13% of their cap. He has 3 more years and a no movement clause in his contract.

Don't know what game you're watching. NYR look embarrassing. Awful defensive discipline, Panarin must be hurt (no matter what Zap friend says), and compete level is almost below mental sharpness.

Don't know what game you're watching. NYR look embarrassing. Awful defensive discipline, Panarin must be hurt (no matter what Zap friend says), and compete level is almost below mental sharpness.
Watching the only nhl game on right now.
Awesome game so far

Panarin has no power on backhand passes, clears or shots. The one shot he was 3 feet wide because he never rolled his wrists over to create the power. (Like a slice in golf; gotta close the face.)

Wondering why Rangers didn't challenge Guentzel goal because his stick hits the goalies GLOVE. Height of the stick is subjective; contact is not.

Down to OT, which is essentially random luck now. After having game 1 stolen and 2 clunkers in Pittsburgh, this is probably the best we could have hoped for.

Rangers power play is lethal. Even strength eh eh.

Truth be told I thought penalty on penguins in overtime was soft for an overtime game 7 penalty.

ADVERTISEMENT