ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NBA Playoffs

NickRU714

Heisman Winner
Aug 18, 2009
Moving out of the Knicks thread since their season is over and just not going to bother keeping the Nets-Harden trade thread open with all the incredibly terrible takes in there.

What a playoffs so far!
Both finals teams eliminated (Lakers/Heat).
A lot of younger players/fresh teams in contention.

Dallas - Luka establishing himself as a Top 5 player in the league
Utah - Donovan Mitchell
Denver - Jokic and Michael Porter Jr. (sucks that Murray is out)
Phoenix - Book and Ayton (can Chris Paul finally get over the hump?)

Bucks - Giannis
Sixers - Embiid and Ben
Hawks - Trae Young

Nets are really the only team with significant playoffs experience (Harden, Durant, Kyrie) but they have also only played approx 13 games together.
Even Ja Morant on a losing team put up an impressive performance with his first playoff experience.

Note - I think everyone agrees that Dallas and Luka need to beat the Clippers tonight and put an end to this charade of Kawhi and Paul George.

Reactions: cm_13
Loving the NBA playoffs as always. Been a great product for a few years running now.

Reactions: GRU23
Great that King Racist has been knocked out. It’s at least watchable now. Since Davis couldn’t carry him, he’ll probably try to join the Nets.

Saw this online:

Most recent Conference Championship/NBA Championship for the remaining 9 teams:

-Utah Jazz: 1998/Never

-Dallas Mavericks: 2011/2011

-LA Clippers: Never/Never

-Denver Nuggets: Never/Never

-Phoenix Suns: 1993/Never

-Philadelphia 76ers: 2001/1983

-Atlanta Hawks: Never/Never

-Milwaukee Bucks: 1974/1971

-Brooklyn Nets: 2003/1974 (ABA)

Saw this online:

The fact that the nets could be the one that most recently made the finals out of the second round teams is pretty surprising

Reactions: NickRU714
Saw this online:

Good find! Good to see some fresh faces in the hunt. I have to admit, now that the Knicks are competitive again, my interest in the NBA playoffs is much higher. A couple of side notes: not sure but did the Nets beat the Nuggets for the ABA title or was it someone else? Also, the Suns other final was one of my favorites vs. Boston in 1976 with the classic triple OT game at Boston Garden. I think a bad fight broke out in that one at Phoenix too.

Bucks rolled the Heat - so Nets will be an interesting challenge - quite frankly I expected the Nets to sweep the Celts

I'm expecting Trae and the Hawks to have a much more difficult series against the Sixers. Embiid will stretch Capella - make him work on D and Simmons is among the best NBA defenders.

Not a fan of Luka, Porzingis and the Mavs - however still hoping that they eliminate the Clips. Selfishly want Kawhi to opt out and for the Knicks to make a run at him

Haven't watched too much of Denver this year - but against the Suns should be fun.

Reactions: cm_13 and NickRU714
Bucks rolled the Heat - so Nets will be an interesting challenge - quite frankly I expected the Nets to sweep the Celts

I'm expecting Trae and the Hawks to have a much more difficult series against the Sixers. Embiid will stretch Capella - make him work on D and Simmons is among the best NBA defenders.

Not a fan of Luka, Porzingis and the Mavs - however still hoping that they eliminate the Clips. Selfishly want Kawhi to opt out and for the Knicks to make a run at him

Haven't watched too much of Denver this year - but against the Suns should be fun.
Hawks have no chance against Philly. They might win a game. Down here you would think they're title contenders or something. I guess that's what happens when as a city your pro teams have one title in like the last 50-60 years. Oh unless you want to count soccer then they have 2. LOL

Series completely depends on Emblid's knee IMO.

If he isn't healthy they'll struggle.

Someone message me when they figure out a solution to guys mastering the 3 point shot.

I actually watched 6 minutes of the Denver and Portland game. No doubt Denver big guy is incredible. Why does Carmelo Anthony have a job in basketball?

Someone message me when they figure out a solution to guys mastering the 3 point shot.

I actually watched 6 minutes of the Denver and Portland game. No doubt Denver big guy is incredible. Why does Carmelo Anthony have a job in basketball?

Anthony is now one of the top 10 scorers in NBA history, that is pretty much the answer to your question. He comes off the bench, and adds instant offense, and is a complete team player. I saw a game last week, he came off the bench, hit 4 straight 3-pointers and was Portland’s leading scorer at the half.

Huge performance from the Nets without harden, complete team win. They moved the ball around and rebounded well. Completely took players outside of Giannis out of their element while all nets players stepped up.

Saw this online:

Not recent, but I believe the Hawks have an NBA championship (1958) when they were in St. Louis.

Good find! Good to see some fresh faces in the hunt. I have to admit, now that the Knicks are competitive again, my interest in the NBA playoffs is much higher. A couple of side notes: not sure but did the Nets beat the Nuggets for the ABA title or was it someone else? Also, the Suns other final was one of my favorites vs. Boston in 1976 with the classic triple OT game at Boston Garden. I think a bad fight broke out in that one at Phoenix too.
Yes, the Nets beat the Nuggets for the ABA title in 1986, the last year of the ABA. I miss the ABA.

The Suns-Celtics 3 OT game was a thriller with Gar Heard tying it on a shot from nearly half-court. Too bad it was only 2 points. Westphal for the Suns and Havlicek for the Celtics were spectacular in OT and JoJo White was the high scorer. I was crushed when the Celtics won. It was a Friday night and was watching it with my Dad. Great memories.

Aside- I later played ball with the spitting image of JoJo White…except he actually was White. No, we did not call him JoJo Black. We called him “skillet” because his face looked like it was smashed by a frying pan. Kids can be such fun.

Last edited:
Yes, the Nets beat the Nuggets for the ABA title in 1986, the last year of the ABA. I miss the ABA.

The Suns-Celtics 3 OT game was a thriller with Gar Heard tying it on a shot from nearly half-court. Too bad it was only 2 points. Westphal for the Suns and Havlicek for the Celtics were spectacular in OT and JoJo White was the high scorer. I was crushed when the Celtics won. It was a Friday night and was watching it with my Dad. Great memories.

Aside- I later played ball with the spitting image of JoJo White…except he actually was White. No, we did not call him JoJo Black. We called him “skillet” because his face looked like it was smashed by a frying pan. Kids can be such fun.
That’s funny! I was rooting for the Suns too. I believe I rooted for the Buffalo Braves against the Celtics that year too. Anybody but the Celtics!

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Well then.
That was a nice and easy win for the Nets.

Most importantly, this lets them rest Harden in Game 3.

Came across this tweet from Le batard.
Both games have been blowouts but this is another reason really confident in the Nets. Any close game - KD, Kyrie, Harden even Harris aren't missing FTs.

I admit I haven’t followed the NBA at all this year but now that the Lakers have lost, I’ve been watching the playoffs a bit.

I’m trying to watch the Jazz, who have the top record in the west and it’s just awful.
They were 6/32 from the floor and had not made a 2 point basket until 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter, and that’s only because the guy stepped on the line. They just chuck horrible 3 pointers one after another. I’m assuming this is an off day with that record but it’s almost impossible to watch.

Taking nothing away from KD, who was absolutely unstoppable, but I have to agree with Barkley, the Bucks are one of the dumbest teams I’ve seen. So many opportunities in the first half, to put this game out of reach, and did nothing. Once the Nets came back, it was a one man show for easily the best player on the court…Giannis isn’t close to KD.

The Bucks have a superstar in Giannis (who’s decisions are ver questionable), a star in Middleton and that’s about it. Lopez and Holiday are just above average players and they literally have nothing else…no 5th starter, no bench..nothing.

They start PJ Tucker who is a 6’5” undersized power forward who supposedly plays D, but all I ever see is him getting into skirmishes. He played 33 minutes, scored 0 points, was 0-5 from the floor, with 4 rebounds. Yikes.

I admit I haven’t followed the NBA at all this year but now that the Lakers have lost, I’ve been watching the playoffs a bit.

I’m trying to watch the Jazz, who have the top record in the west and it’s just awful.
They were 6/32 from the floor and had not made a 2 point basket until 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter, and that’s only because the guy stepped on the line. They just chuck horrible 3 pointers one after another. I’m assuming this is an off day with that record but it’s almost impossible to watch.
Didn't see yesterday's Nets game but sounds about like how Donovan Mitchell took over the Jazz game above and made the second half a different game - off half instead of an off day.

Hoping they can pull out the series.

Didn't see yesterday's Nets game but sounds about like how Donovan Mitchell took over the Jazz game above and made the second half a different game - off half instead of an off day.

Hoping they can pull out the series.

Kawhi is out for tonight's game and potentially out for the rest of the series/playoffs.
Crazy. Definitely changes things for the Clippers - especially for Kawhi potentially opting out his contract after this year.

End of game choking aside - Simmons 4-14 on Free Throws pretty much killed the game for the Sixers last night. Both his 3PT & FT shooting is a significant liability that may likely jettison him to another team in the offseason.

End of game choking aside - Simmons 4-14 on Free Throws pretty much killed the game for the Sixers last night. Both his 3PT & FT shooting is a significant liability that may likely jettison him to another team in the offseason.
Simmons is the most overrated player in the league bar none. Morey will ship him and probably take whatever he can get come the off-season.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Simmons is the most overrated player in the league bar none. Morey will ship him and probably take whatever he can get come the off-season.
He’s not a superstar but an above average player that good at defense.

He’s not a superstar but an above average player that good at defense.
Had this discussion with someone the other day about his defense. He's not really a good defender. But, he has tremendous defensive flexibilty. It is hard to separate the two though. So he is what you say he essentially is - a good role player. Very overrated.

Had this discussion with someone the other day about his defense. He's not really a good defender. But, he has tremendous defensive flexibilty. It is hard to separate the two though. So he is what you say he essentially is - a good role player. Very overrated.

I was joking with a Knicks friend that he would be perfect for the Knicks alongside Randle.

Will play a defense-first mentality. Doesn’t shoot crazy 3s. Will move the ball and not hog it.
Let’s the Knicks still run the offense through Randle as the #1 option.

Not seeing how he wouldn’t be perfect for Thibs and the Knicks.
They should get right on that.

He’s barely an NBA starter. Incredibly overrated. The Knicks already have way too many players who can’t shoot. They Hawks had four shooters in Trey, Huerter, Bogdonovich, and Gallinari and the Knicks had none and the Hawks dismantled their defense. They need one or two shooters above anything else.

Last edited:
Morey will fix the sixers he knows what’s up. He came in last year an erased both of Brands big moves immediately.

Firmly believe he moves off Simmons for what he can, gets a guard or wing that can score off the dribble and another 3 and D type in Simmons spot and they’ll be fine.

The return they get for him isn’t going to be much at this point, lots of pretty big holes in his game. But I’d be very surprised if they don’t try to deal him.

Utah is such a horribly overrated team and probably the worst 1 seed I can remember. They just chuck 3s and could care less about playing D. Mitchell is their only player who isn’t soft. The Clippers shot lights out in the second half but every shot was wide open.

The return they get for him isn’t going to be much at this point, lots of pretty big holes in his game. But I’d be very surprised if they don’t try to deal him.

The big problem will be how they interally assess his trade value.

6 months ago Simmons was nearly the centerpiece for Harden.

But that value has come and gone. They can't get hung up and overvalue him now.

The big problem will be how they interally assess his trade value.

6 months ago Simmons was nearly the centerpiece for Harden.

But that value has come and gone. They can't get hung up and overvalue him now.
A player who can’t shoot at all and relies solely on athleticism is not going to age well.

Phoenix and Milwaukee in the finals?

Those two teams were the finalists in the 1969 NBA coin flip for the right to draft Lew Alcindor.

The Bucks won.The Suns settled for Neal Walk.

The Bucks won the title a few years later.The Suns have been in eclipse since then.

Wouldn't this be something?

Never a Nets fan but seeing where they used to represent Jersey I used to root for them as a secondary team to my own whenever they had a nice playoff run going. Such as during the Kidd, Jefferson and Martin days. But since they ran off to Brooklyn NY phuk em.

I don’t watch the NBA anymore but LMAO at Kyrie and the Nets 😆🤣😂

I was a Nets fan from the early 90s all the way until the rat broke up a winning team and announced to move it.

So funny that they have Durant and Harden and still lost.

Irving can go request a trade now 😁

I don’t watch the NBA anymore but LMAO at Kyrie and the Nets 😆🤣😂

I was a Nets fan from the early 90s all the way until the rat broke up a winning team and announced to move it.

So funny that they have Durant and Harden and still lost.

Irving can go request a trade now 😁
Very happy that the new garbage "super" team lost to Giannis and the Bucks who are doing it right. It was a rare good night for the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT