ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NHL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI-
This is funny and sad Ranger fanatics (like me)
Blackhawks have a rookie goalie with the same amount of assists Lefreniere and Kreider have combined...lol
That would be 2 gentleman!

Reactions: TM94goRU
FYI-
This is funny and sad Ranger fanatics (like me)
Blackhawks have a rookie goalie with the same amount of assists Lefreniere and Kreider have combined...lol
That would be 2 gentleman!
It's gotta be Quinn, the Rangers offensive might be suspect but its not THIS bad.

Meh with the Rags, , it's their problem 😁

But yeah, college coaches dont necessarily do well in the NHL

Devils have a huge challenge tonight, at Boston
They played well against them earlier this season, but the key is if we get back Kulikov and Murray or at least one of them.

Blackwood looks like the real deal to me, but of course I really only see him when the Rangers present no crease presence or confusion in front of him.
What do you Diablo fans think of him against teams that pressure

Blackwood looks like the real deal to me, but of course I really only see him when the Rangers present no crease presence or confusion in front of him.
What do you Diablo fans think of him against teams that pressure
He's been fantastic against all comers . Great size, athleticism, reflexes. Very chill personality, which I think helps. Proof is in the #'s, and he's been doing it behind some bad defenses, look at the #'s of other goalies the Devils have rolled out there the last couple years(granted that's been poor lot in itself).

Not that I want to re-assure Rangers fans, but Jack looked like a sure-fire bust last season. Looks like a completely different player this year after putting on some muscle.

Not every 18 year old needs to come in and tear up the league. McDavid and Matthews set a dangerous precedent.

Jack absolutely could've used a year in the AHL, and Laf probably could've used a year in the CHL. But with this year being weird as hell with COVID, Laf finds himself "stuck" in the NHL. He'll figure it out.
I couldn’t disagree with this more. I thought Jack should a ton of skill and potential last year. Especially for a player his age and he did it on a terrible team.

I couldn’t disagree with this more. I thought Jack should a ton of skill and potential last year. Especially for a player his age and he did it on a terrible team.

Team around him was definitely bad, but he had a historically bad year for a first overall pick. He showed the occasional flash, but he did not at all look like a 1OA player last year.

Team around him was definitely bad, but he had a historically bad year for a first overall pick. He showed the occasional flash, but he did not at all look like a 1OA player last year.
In what way? Trust me, there were much worse years by first overall picks, check out Joe Thornton.

Hey, great news Rangers fans. With Trouba out and Miller still not able to go tonight, Jack friggin Johnson returns to the lineup. Giddyup!

Rangers have to lead the league in broken and dropped sticks. This is a hard watch

Reactions: zappaa
Ranger Guys,
Be truthful, on the power play and on the rare occasion we have a semi open look from the slot.
How often do we attempt a pass?
Or imo, what’s more annoying is pulling the puck back when you had an opportunity to get the puck towards the net with the defense moving.
Every single time Fox, Bread or whoever make that extra move, the D has time to reset.

Ranger Guys,
Be truthful, on the power play and on the rare occasion we have a semi open look from the slot.
Or imo, what’s more annoying is pulling the puck back when you had an opportunity to get the puck towards the net with the defense moving.
Every single time Fox, Bread or whoever make that extra move, the D has time to reset.
We live and die with it. The last goal was because we made so many pinpoint passes. You could see their D was tired. My concern is how many times does Our point man swing and break a stick or totally whiff on the shot? It seems that other than Panaran the team is afraid to shoot/take the open shot

We live and die with it. The last goal was because we made so many pinpoint passes. You could see their D was tired. My concern is how many times does Our point man swing and break a stick or totally whiff on the shot? It seems that other than Panaran the team is afraid to shoot/take the open shot
Obviously love Fox.
He has dozens of opportunities to shoot and he does not.
Zibanijad is in swing and miss mode, no different than Giancarlo Stanton in a slump.
His off timing is now bordering on the ridiculous.
Guys like Pasternak come back and barely miss a beat.
Bread had at least 5 shots he failed to take during the OT 4 on 3.
Yes I know he hit the post

Zibanejad can’t even cleanly take a pass at this point, and his timing is completely off on his shot ( the broken sticks are just the other end of the spectrum from shots he does connect on but misses way wide). He has even inexplicably fallen over at some times he doesn’t seem to be skating hard enough to lose an edge.

I would do it now, but for sure when Chytil comes back they need to give Zibanejad some time off to try and figure out what is going on.

He hasn't played yet this season though, big ?

The goalie with the cool mask that beat the Sabres, Commrie, was waived and picked up by the Jets
No real loss with E. Comrie. Career minor leaguer who has trouble controlling his rebounds. Dell has not played, but he has been a starter before. He is streaky, but if he finds his game he will help us.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Ranger Guys,

I think guys are waiting for the perfect open shot, but we've got guys down low creating traffic and paying a price to be there; gotta throw rubber towards the net.

Reactions: zappaa
I think guys are waiting for the perfect open shot, but we've got guys down low creating traffic and paying a price to be there; gotta throw rubber towards the net.
That’s correct, and we pass up on those opportunities to pass the puck on the perimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT