ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NHL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPaNVSjVAAI1LBZ.jpg

5 or so of these with two man crews.
My dad introduced us to Eddie Giacomin after the game, my dad and him spoke fluent Italian to each other....lol
First time I've ever seen it done this way, how freaking cool is this?

Do we need expansion?
I love the format the way it is now.
The frequency of playing within your own division is tremendous.
Every game is a 4 point swing..so good.
Pittsburgh back to back, huge games.
No Bread!! B
No Igor
Let’s put it this way.

The US TV contract with NBC pays the NHL $200 million a year and the owners have to share half of it with the players.

The Seattle ownership group paid the NHL $600 million for a team and the owners get to keep all of it.

There was no way this expansion was stopping, the worry is that they don’t stop at 32.

I agree on how fun the divisional play is this year.
Agree, 32 is enough.

And that $200M TV deal is woefully short considering what the NHL needs.

But also agree with @zappaa on the scheduling for this season. I wouldn’t mind seeing it kept for the most part over an 82 game one with a road trip thrown in.

One of the best things I ever did was take a trip up to Montreal to see the Devils play the Habs in the old Forum in it's last year, what an awesome time. I believe it was Marty's rookie year.
As a Met fan I did the same with my boys and my Dad in the old Yankee Stadium. You need to see an experience the cathedrals when you can.

It makes little sense why the Caps manhandle the Devils but the Bruins can't. I put them on the same level of roughness.

Took care of business against the hapless Sabres. Now they need to keep the momentum up.
Beat them by the same score 3x in a row. Liked how different guys scored and assisted on goals. Sorokin looks like a capable back up. Pageau's line is coming along. Would like to find one other guy for some defensive depth. The Sabres coach seems to be on very thin ice.

Reactions: RUMcMahon
Beat them by the same score 3x in a row. Liked how different guys scored and assisted on goals. Sorokin looks like a capable back up. Pageau's line is coming along. Would like to find one other guy for some defensive depth. The Sabres coach seems to be on very thin ice.
I actually want to see Sorokin take the starting job at some point this year. Offense still scares me , JGP line is critical to our success. We can’t be reliant on the 4th line scoring goals , love the energy though

I actually want to see Sorokin take the starting job at some point this year. Offense still scares me , JGP line is critical to our success. We can’t be reliant on the 4th line scoring goals , love the energy though
Yeah, Sorokin is going to be a lot more than a "capable backup", but no reason to do anything but increase his workload gradually when you have Varlamov.

Barzal is really starting to bloom as a hockey player. That between-the-legs goal the other night shows how comfortable he is out on the ice now
He’s now a favorite player of mine. Hard to believe his numbers haven’t been point a game up til now...although this season he’s there.
I’m the kinda guy who would dare compare Sid Crosby to Gretzky to Mark Howe’s face at a Flyers event. Mr. Hockey’s son wasn’t amused.
P.S. I was referring mostly to Crosby’s edge work in the offensive zone.

Barzal is exceptional and would have much higher numbers playing somewhere else. It's annoying the Islanders can go from Tavares to him without missing a beat and Rangers fans are perpetually talking about how Stepan / Brassard / Mika / Strome / Chytil / Howden are underperforming or will never take the next step.

The schedule is really bizarre and I don't like just playing your 7 division opponents all the time. Since they are only playing 56 this year it is OK but want and expect to see a more BAU schedule next year. This week the Isles play the Bruins tonight and then the Devils 3X by Sunday. We must have a lot of games with the Caps and Flyers toward the end of the year.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
The schedule is really bizarre and I don't like just playing your 7 division opponents all the time. Since they are only playing 56 this year it is OK but want and expect to see a more BAU schedule next year. This week the Isles play the Bruins tonight and then the Devils 3X by Sunday. We must have a lot of games with the Caps and Flyers toward the end of the year.
They do. It was important that they MOSTLY took advantage of the schedule up till now.

Barzal is exceptional and would have much higher numbers playing somewhere else. It's annoying the Islanders can go from Tavares to him without missing a beat and Rangers fans are perpetually talking about how Stepan / Brassard / Mika / Strome / Chytil / Howden are underperforming or will never take the next step.
Did you forget the miles of shit the Islanders had to slog through, when Milbury was our GM? Don Maloney wasn't much better, and Garth Snow made as many huge blunders as he did brilliant maneuvers.

I need to bad mouth Lefreniere so maybe he does something noticeable again.
Not that anyone else is either, I know
Mika is back to shooting his one timers 10 feet wide, so I don’t think being on the first line with a hole at center is helping Laf.

Chytil is their best center right now, and they aren’t going anywhere so they should just roll the Laf/Chytil/Kakko line for a stretch of games.

Quinn is probably thinking about putting Howden on the first line instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT