ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NHL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Taylor Hall, 8 million for 2 goals last time I checked. He bet on himself and lost.

2017-2018 Hall carried a team on his back.

Hall last season, he sulked and his play dipped

He looked miserable in Buffalo
Hall was an absolute stud when he won the MVP....but his play definitely ebbs and flows with his motivation level.

I think he wants to get superstar treatment and get paid as one of the best players in the league, but he is also desperate to be the 4th best guy on his team so he can win in the playoffs. If he wants to be a superstar, he has to accept the challenge of leading his team (which he did in 2017-2018) and be a true difference maker. Personally, I am happy to have him on my team, but at the right price and term.

Hall was an absolute stud when he won the MVP....but his play definitely ebbs and flows with his motivation level.

I think he wants to get superstar treatment and get paid as one of the best players in the league, but he is also desperate to be the 4th best guy on his team so he can win in the playoffs. If he wants to be a superstar, he has to accept the challenge of leading his team (which he did in 2017-2018) and be a true difference maker. Personally, I am happy to have him on my team, but at the right price and term.
I think he is in for a rude awakening this offseason. No way he gets the type of money he left on that table with NJ.

Reactions: TM94goRU
I think he is in for a rude awakening this offseason. No way he gets the type of money he left on that table with NJ.
Not even close

Could see 7 million per season but he was looking at 10 plus if he stayed in jersey.

Lindy Ruff announced Jesper Boquist to be tried at Center in the wake of the Zajac trade. I hope the Devil's draft Red Savage in this year's draft, yes just for the name!

Reactions: RU-05
Pretty lackluster effort overall by the Isles after sharp opening five minutes. The Flyers had way too much open ice to operate in. The Rangers will feast in the offensive end tonight if that continues. The Flyers have this defenseman Sam Morin who is an old fashioned Flyers goon. I have seen him play twice against the Isles and other than instigating and delivering dangerous cheap shots he seems void of any real skills.

I hate 3 on 3 and shootouts to declare winners but understand they need a way to resolve ties in the regular season that doesn't kill the players. Isle margin for error is still narrow. It will take a while to figure out where Palms and Zajac fit best. I assume Wahlstrom was out of the lineup due to an injury because he should not be sitting otherwise.

Gusev is done with the Devils. The team put him on unconditional waivers so they can terminate his contract.

After 2, all I can say, stupid freaking bounces. The Pens have some puck luck tonight.

They plaayed hard, no quitt, bad bounces tonite,. Being there .shows how much Subban sucks , Hughes line is good

They can skate butt arent fiscal enuff
Sorry they lost the game you went too. Subban is a turnover waiting to happen. I would love them to trade him. Though I don't see it.

Fun win by the Rangers over the Islanders with big contributions from the future (Laf/Chytil/Kakko line combining on a goal, Miller scoring another). The only downside was watching Kravtsov, who has looked really good since coming over from the KHL, miss 3-4 assists as his linemates Rooney and Howden couldn't convert great chances.

Fire Quinn. The kid line was the best overall last night and still got the least ice time, and after using the rationale of not changing a lineup off of a win all year Quinn of course changed the lineup after an 8-4 win to get his boy Howden back in there (and he has picked up right where he left off by being completely useless).

Reactions: Block R
Hey, Islanders fans, Lou may not be done weaving his magic! I just found some stuff online saying Lou has circled back to Taylor Hall!
The package I read from a reporter or blogger was the 2021 2nd round pick, Salo, and Leo Komorov. Possibly one other veteran. Stay tuned.

Hey, Islanders fans, Lou may not be done weaving his magic! I just found some stuff online saying Lou has circled back to Taylor Hall!
The package I read from a reporter or blogger was the 2021 2nd round pick, Salo, and Leo Komorov. Possibly one other veteran. Stay tuned.
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I really don't want Hall. The chemistry is so good on that team, that I think they should ride with the forwards they now have. If Lou were to make another move, MAYBE it's for a defensive upgrade.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I really don't want Hall. The chemistry is so good on that team, that I think they should ride with the forwards they now have. If Lou were to make another move, MAYBE it's for a defensive upgrade.
I certainly agree. Lou loves to tinker. I read it on the Islander fan site equivalent to Pucks and Pitchforks. I can report it has been picked up by Canadian hockey media. There must be truth in the report.

There would either need to be more salary going back to Buffalo or the Sabres would have to be paying a good portion of Hall's salary to make it work financially. I would also much prefer a potential 3rd line defenseman over another forward. These would appear to all be rentals based on the Isles cap situation next year. The market for Hall must be marginal at best.

There would either need to be more salary going back to Buffalo or the Sabres would have to be paying a good portion of Hall's salary to make it work financially. I would also much prefer a potential 3rd line defenseman over another forward. These would appear to all be rentals based on the Isles cap situation next year. The market for Hall must be marginal at best.
Having watched the Islanders when it does not conflict with my Devils I would agree. One of the things I'm most curious about is the whole T. Hall will or wants to sign an extension. I don't see how even Lou makes that work.

Having watched the Islanders when it does not conflict with my Devils I would agree. One of the things I'm most curious about is the whole T. Hall will or wants to sign an extension. I don't see how even Lou makes that work.
Maybe Buffalo takes Ladd & Komarov 😂😂😂😂

I actually saw that in one of the proposed trades on Canada's SN. I was not sure if that would be enough of a salary dump.
They must really want to get rid of Hall if they'd be willing to take Ladd. That right there shows me we don't want that cancer anywhere near our locker room. And as much heat as Komarov takes, he is a "good locker room guy" who bridges all the language gaps, has a good attitude, appreciates working with the young guys, etc. He's like the hockey version of Bartolo Colon.

UMass Wins first National Championship—

Couple of NJ kids on that team, Anthony and Marc Del Gaizo from Basking Ridge.

Devils trade a 3rd round pick ( from Arizona in Hall trade), to the Capitals for Jonas Sieganthaler. Riveting I know.
I guess no takers for Sami, coming off this bad year. I see Murray and Kulikov both being traded.

Panthers sign Gusev. Too bad we could not get a pick for him. It turns out JS the newest Devil is close with Nico. He is only 23.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT