ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NHL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he get jabbed in the arm too?
Great question, and I know where you are going. The NHL should hope Nico either doesn't want kids or has them no problem, because I could see a Todd Bertuzzi like lawsuit, away from the ice.
It was brutal viewing for any "guy" who saw it!

That little jerk Marchand's shot had eyes. What a wicked angle to match a crushing loss.
Lots of chances for the Bruins to go up 2 in the 3rd on the PPs. Isles did what they do best-keep it close and be strong on the forecheck. They outplayed Boston in OT until Marchand's goal.

It will be interesting to see how the Bruins hold up against the Isles' physical play. Saturday should be a good one!

Reactions: TM94goRU
RE: Scheifele
You can't act like we don't see this garbage every year in the playoffs...Dale Hunter, Darcy Tucker, Claude Lemieux...I submit the suspensions should be tougher in the playoffs because so much is at stake. I don't particularly care that you're generally a good guy and just lost your temper...you don't get to put a guy on a stretcher and expect to see the ice any time soon.

The NHL has wierd unwritten rules about suspensions - playoff games count twice, more time if the guy is hurt, etc.

Reactions: mdh2003
Lots of chances for the Bruins to go up 2 in the 3rd on the PPs. Isles did what they do best-keep it close and be strong on the forecheck. They outplayed Boston in OT until Marchand's goal.

It will be interesting to see how the Bruins hold up against the Isles' physical play. Saturday should be a good one!
So true. I see the series going 6 or 7.

You could make the argument that the Devils did well by getting 4 because it removes a potential headache for them. If they got 1 or 2 they would either have to draft Luke Hughes too early and misuse draft value, or risk pissing off Jack. At 4 they can take Luke around where he is valued (unless their scouts don’t like Luke and then were hoping to get 5 so some other team drafts him first).
This is where I'm at.

I wouldn't draft Luke just because he is Jack's brother, but it isn't like he is some middling prospect either. Most have him somewhere between the top player in the draft to Top Six. So if you get him at four, it keeps Jack happy, and you get a guy with a lot of upside who is more or less drafted where he should be, it feels like a win-win. If he is gone when the Devils draft, so be it, but I am more than happy getting a slick skating, highly skilled defensemen at #4 overall with some good, albeit unrefined, defensive instincts.

Reactions: RU-05 and TM94goRU
This is where I'm at.

I wouldn't draft Luke just because he is Jack's brother, but it isn't like he is some middling prospect either. Most have him somewhere between the top player in the draft to Top Six. So if you get him at four, it keeps Jack happy, and you get a guy with a lot of upside who is more or less drafted where he should be, it feels like a win-win. If he is gone when the Devils draft, so be it, but I am more than happy getting a slick skating, highly skilled defensemen at #4 overall with some good, albeit unrefined, defensive instincts.
Well said. I have just received my hockey draft preview, as well as had time to view different mock drafts. A couple of early things to think about. The NJD only have 4 right-shot defensemen, with Reily Walsh the only blue chip prospect.
Many people are harking on this.
Next Seattle and Ron Francis could go anywhere. Does he play multi dimensional chess and draft Luke Hughes in hopes of attracting Jack and/or Quinn in a few years?
I think the NJD will draft a brother of a current player, which ever one is still on the board. If both Clarke and Hughes are there, I think Luke Hughes is the pick. The Devils can always trade for a right-shot defenseman imo. I don't want a Scott Niedermeyer redux! Whatever happens, we are in for a fun summer with so much going on!

Reactions: goru1869
To go back a bit to the conversation about the refs and their approach to their job, here is a two and a half minute video the IIHF just posted on facebook about Andre Schrader, a ref from Germany who is currently officiating the World Championships. I thought this gave some interesting insight into the ref's perspective.

Welp Canada gets their revenge and knocks out USA in the semifinals. After needing a game between Latvia and Germany to end in regulation so they could back their way into the playoffs, Canada will be playing for gold tomorrow.

Welp Canada gets their revenge and knocks out USA in the semifinals 4-2. After needing a game between Latvia and Germany to end in regulation so they could back their way into the playoffs, Canada will be playing for gold tomorrow. The commentator said this is the 5th time in the last 6 years Canada is in the gold medal game, and that USA has lost eight consecutive semifinal games.

The other semifinal between Finland and Germany is at 11:15 this morning.

Well put this down in the terrible time to play your worse game category. The USA team lost to the previously struggling Canucks, as team Canada beats team USA 4-2, empty net goal included. Oh well, I thought we had too many NYR, 😆!

Reactions: goru1869
Finland took out Germany today 2-1, so USA plays Germany for bronze tomorrow at 8:15 AM and Finland plays Canada for gold at 1:15 PM. In the round-robin, USA beat Germany 2-0 and Finland beat Canada 3-2 in a shootout.

Last edited:
The TBvs. Carolina game got great in the 2nd period, a flurry of goals. If you can check it out.

Nice bounce back by the Isles last night. Good to see Barzal putting the puck in the back of net. Intensity of this series has been really good and will only get better.

Can someone explain to me why I am subjected to Joe Micheletti on Islander playoff broadcasts? Why don't they just put Sam Rosen right next him while they are at it. He can't be considered one of the top 4 game analysts in the NHL.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
USA wins bronze! Didn't see the whole game, but Germany was chippy. Good job team.

Nice bounce back by the Isles last night. Good to see Barzal putting the puck in the back of net. Intensity of this series has been really good and will only get better.

Can someone explain to me why I am subjected to Joe Micheletti on Islander playoff broadcasts? Why don't they just put Sam Rosen right next him while they are at it. He can't be considered one of the top 4 game analysts in the NHL.

Bring Molbury back!
Lol

Bring Molbury back!
Lol
Mad Mike Milbury, as a NJD fan I love that era, I don't think NYI have the fond memories though. A truly great hockey convergence with old and new stars in the '90's.
Ps. Am I the only one who want the fishstick uniforms back as well, 😆!

Mad Mike Milbury, as a NJD fan I love that era, I don't think NYI have the fond memories though. A truly great hockey convergence with old and new stars in the '90's.
Ps. Am I the only one who want the fishstick uniforms back as well, 😆!
I wouldn't mind seeing them bring back that uniform as an alternate but with their regular logo, like they wore from 1996-1998. The fisherman logo was very minor league but I did like that jersey design with the waves. I'm surprised they didn't go that route with the reverse retro, instead their reverse retro is almost the same as their home jersey just with a darker blue.

I wouldn't mind seeing them bring back that uniform as an alternate but with their regular logo, like they wore from 1996-1998. The fisherman logo was very minor league but I did like that jersey design with the waves. I'm surprised they didn't go that route with the reverse retro, instead their reverse retro is almost the same as their home jersey just with a darker blue.
I was joking, just trying to have fun with NYI fans. That said, I agree, they should have brought them back as a 3rd jersey. Besides I haven't seen SF the Maven recently, 😆.

19-never was a great chant.
Well like the saying goes " all good things must come to an end " . And this was only good if you were a rag fan. But they are use to all good things coming to an end and then having to wait 54 years for something good to happen again.

Which as it turns out make for great holiday retro's.
But the Christmas colors bring joy to people . So that means that jersey was great. On the other hand the Islanders fish stick jersey's can be up setting to people who lost loved ones at sea while doing their jobs as fishermen. AND the ranger planet of the apes jersey can be up setting to people because the movie was not good to man kind . I know animals (politicians) try to control us now, but at least they are almost human unlike the apes .

But the Christmas colors bring joy to people . So that means that jersey was great. On the other hand the Islanders fish stick jersey's can be up setting to people who lost loved ones at sea while doing their jobs as fishermen. AND the ranger planet of the apes jersey can be up setting to people because the movie was not good to man kind . I know animals (politicians) try to control us now, but at least they are almost human unlike the apes .
Didn't my post pretty much say all this?

Great post, LOL. At least J Spano signed that tv deal, without it maybe the Isles are in Kansas City.
Islanders ownership was a radioactive trainwreck for 30+ years. No argument from me. Who knew that sticking with the absentee owner (Pickett) was the best choice compared to what followed. The toxic Coliseum and Spectacor Management Group deals kept the franchise on LI. Nobody had the will to grab hold of those third rails.

Well it looks like the Jets will go quietly. Montreal is up 3-0 after tonight. Give Vegas credit. They are about to even the series with Colorado. Steal one in Denver, and we could have a mild upset. Or at least a nice long series.

The NYI are screwing up the NJD's 2nd 1st round pick. Tuuka Rask sucks tonight. Nice night for Islander fans

Reactions: jreinsdorf
The NYI are screwing up the NJD's 2nd 1st round pick. Tuuka Rask sucks tonight. Nice night for Islander fans
Rask left their morning skate early, so there was some question as to whether or not he was going to play. It'll be interesting to see if Halak gets the start on Wednesday at the Coliseum. Islander fans have a lot of love for him from his time with the team.

Rask left their morning skate early, so there was some question as to whether or not he was going to play. It'll be interesting to see if Halak gets the start on Wednesday at the Coliseum. Islander fans have a lot of love for him from his time with the team.
I missed that injury, thanks. I concur with the rest, though there is no love in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT