ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NHL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard Jack Hughes put on 15 lb's in the down time.

He may have benefitted more then any other player from the lockdowns.
He also worked out on the ice with his older brother Quinn, who is probably Canucks best defenseman, so his game should be sharp coming in.

He also worked out on the ice with his older brother Quinn, who is probably Canucks best defenseman, so his game should be sharp coming in.
Despite his modest #'s J Hughes had a pretty impressive highlight reel. Finishing was not a strength so he's part to blame for those #'s, but guys were just not ready for some of the passes he was dishing out. I kind of feel like guys need to catch up with him, moreso then he needing to catch up to the league.

But he def needed to get stronger. Pretty exciting news.

Edit: It is a bonus to have a high skilled brother to practice with whenever he wants.

Devils can be significantly better than last year and still get a top 3-5 pick

Schedule is brutal for a young team.
I’d go full youth movement this year and make a big decision on palmieri ,Zajac , woods and Crawford at the trade deadline

Reactions: cicero grimes
Devils can be significantly better than last year and still get a top 3-5 pick

Schedule is brutal for a young team.
I’d go full youth movement this year and make a big decision on palmieri ,Zajac , woods and Crawford at the trade deadline
I like having veterans around, not really in a rush to trade anyone. Aside from Crawford i'd advocate bringing all those guys back next year.

I'm pretty interested to see what Wood brings this year. I know fans are split on him, but I still think he has a high ceiling he can grow into.

I don't think they will trade Zajac like they did Greene

PaulMary, possibly since he can get back a decent haul.

I could see Boston offering a 1st and a top prospect.

Can Devils fans explain why Bratt isn't signed yet?

Billionaire owners, well under the cap, Bratt is obviously talented.

I don't think they will trade Zajac like they did Greene

PaulMary, possibly since he can get back a decent haul.

I could see Boston offering a 1st and a top prospect.

Can Devils fans explain why Bratt isn't signed yet?

Billionaire owners, well under the cap, Bratt is obviously talented.
I think he wants a short contract while Devils want a longer one.

Heard Jack Hughes put on 15 lb's in the down time.

He may have benefitted more then any other player from the lockdowns.
So the little guy is up to 120 lbs? Very disappointing rookie season.
:)

This year will be really interesting because of the fascinating schedule.

4 Divisions with no inter-div play? Welcome to the original 6 - COVID style.
Playoffs first time these divisions meet? Can you say AFL-NFL?
Shortened sprint to the finish? NYR/NJD 4!? games in row. I guess you can consider that the playoffs for both.

Hard to predict with these circumstances, but I can see some weird stuff like BUF making the final 4.

Should be a lot of fun.

Are you going to do this the whole season?
c33f799c5b430970809f71fbcd00a549.gif

Then cut it off at the end not the beginning.
Nothing like spring weather and playoff hockey, something about it, but they're never going to shorten the season, NHL teams simply can't afford to do that unless they lower the cap and players will never bite on that.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Nothing like spring weather and playoff hockey, something about it, but they're never going to shorten the season, NHL teams simply can't afford to do that unless they lower the cap and players will never bite on that.
I don’t think it will be shortened either but if was...start it when it normally does, still have the Winter Classic (get rid of the stupid “Stadium Series”) along with the All Star game and let it finish when it really should...before Memorial Day.

Last edited:
I don’t think it will be shortened either but if was...start it when it normally does, still have the Winter Classic (get rid of the stupid “Stadium Series”) along with the All Star game and let it finish when it really should...before Memorial Day.
At least the NHL should start in Nov and end in April. The regular season is long, boring, and mostly meaningless (i.e., playoff seeds mean nothing).

At least the NHL should start in Nov and end in April. The regular season is long, boring, and mostly meaningless (i.e., playoff seeds mean nothing).
Outside of football every season is too long. And football is getting there as well.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Oh, the one thing that the NHL really missed on (shocker), should have gone old school to name these “temp” divisions:

North -> Adams
East -> Patrick
Central -> Norris
West -> Smythe
Yuck. Pretty much the exact opposite of cool:

The National Hockey League (NHL®), in partnership with Discover, Honda, MassMutual and Scotiabank today announced the official division names for the 2020-21 season: Scotia NHL® North Division, Honda NHL® West Division, Discover NHL® Central Division and the MassMutual NHL® East Division

Yuck. Pretty much the exact opposite of cool:

The National Hockey League (NHL®), in partnership with Discover, Honda, MassMutual and Scotiabank today announced the official division names for the 2020-21 season: Scotia NHL® North Division, Honda NHL® West Division, Discover NHL® Central Division and the MassMutual NHL® East Division
Its only as matter of time before we see Honda , Ford , PRUDENTIAL , etc. on jerseys . The New Jersey Prudential Devils. God help us !

Its only as matter of time before we see Honda , Ford , PRUDENTIAL , etc. on jerseys . The New Jersey Prudential Devils. God help us !
The kids are already wearing Chipotle on their stuff at the Junior Worlds.

• Sad
Reactions: goru1869
The kids are already wearing Chipotle on their stuff at the Junior Worlds.
I think the NHL is one of the last leagues/tourneys to not have Ads on the jersey/helmets. Jeez, I remember not that long ago NHL had clean dashers. All of that is going away.

Welcome to the FedEx Cup Playoffs.

I think the NHL is one of the last leagues/tourneys to not have Ads on the jersey/helmets. Jeez, I remember not that long ago NHL had clean dashers. All of that is going away.

Welcome to the FedEx Cup Playoffs.
Whatever helps pay the bills.

Would prefer they leave the uniform alone but everything else should be up for grabs.

Faceoff circle is next like in Europe. How

Whatever helps pay the bills.

Would prefer they leave the uniform alone but everything else should be up for grabs.

Faceoff circle is next like in Europe. How
....and....it’s here already.

Not enough that NYR is most valued franchise and makes the most revenue, still gotta make that bank on practice helmets:

upload_2021-1-5_16-33-23-png.382155

....and....it’s here already.

Not enough that NYR is most valued franchise and makes the most revenue, still gotta make that bank on practice helmets:

upload_2021-1-5_16-33-23-png.382155
Practice l’m cool with. Look like a NASCAR driver for all I care. But not for an actual game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT