ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NHL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better but he still gets outmuscled but he has an assist on the first three Devils goals this year and in both OTs he might have been the best player on the ice for both teams.
Pretty much this. Still not big enough and strong enough, but he has been productive thus far and not nearly the liability defensively that he was last season. He was one of the best players on the ice today and I think he will turn out alright. Should also help when Hischier gets back and they can take more advantage of matchups.

Buchnevich living up to the hype I've been hearing, nice response by Rangers so far tonight.

Even if they were stoppable the big mistake to make is past judgement on anyone right now, this is regular season in name only, for players it's like preseason.

I heard Varlomov was supposed to start but got injured in the pregame skate

That makes it even tougher, but it's the NHL so fans are going to critique I guess

Cory Schneider is their backup

Time for the rags to cut deangelo or trade him. He is a healthy scratch today in game 2. Are you kidding me. . Tons of immaturity. Remember this is a guy who had maturity issues in the OHL and despite “talent” was traded twice before he got into the league. Very rare and is a red sign. Now he is disrupting the team on the ice (bad play and unsportsmanlike) and a distraction in the locker room.
If the rags are serious about breaking the 1 cup 81 year drought they must move on from deangelo.

Time for the rags to cut deangelo or trade him. He is a healthy scratch today in game 2. Are you kidding me. . Tons of immaturity. Remember this is a guy who had maturity issues in the OHL and despite “talent” was traded twice before he got into the league. Very rare and is a red sign. Now he is disrupting the team on the ice (bad play and unsportsmanlike) and a distraction in the locker room.
If the rags are serious about breaking the 1 cup 81 year drought they must move on from deangelo.
How is he a distraction in the locker room? Defenseman who score 15 goals in a season don't grow on trees.

How is he a distraction in the locker room? Defenseman who score 15 goals in a season don't grow on trees.
Hello? He was scratched today for immaturity in the locker room and on the ice. He had serious issues in the ohl and two teams already traded him. Guy needs to grow up.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
Hello? He was scratched today for immaturity in the locker room and on the ice. He had serious issues in the ohl and two teams already traded him. Guy needs to grow up.
Dude this is news to me, he reminds me of Matthew Barnaby, but I didn't know that, that's a big wow.

Poor Little Jack, can't find the net. Unlike KK. 🤣
Without Jack I doubt the Devils even make it to OT in either game, the OTs where he was arguably the best player on the ice for both teams....he's also the only legit C the Devils have right now so he faced Boston's best, when Nico returns its going to benefit Hughes the most.

All the Rangers I want to get rid of scoring tonight 😀
I don't know what can be making you so down on Buchnevich besides the horrible body language he often exhibits.

His goals/assists have been pretty much the same as Kreider's at the same ages, he has more edge to his game along the boards than most Russians, and the analytics show him to be a key part of the KZB line's success (Mika's and CK's numbers are worse without Buch than with him, while Buch's numbers are pretty much the same no matter who he plays with).

Almost all hockey fans, let alone just Ranger fans, should be rooting for Buchnevich simply because of this play:

Last edited:
Polar opposite results in first two Ranger/Isles matches. Did not realize Sorokin played and I guess the baptism was rough. How about DeAngelo for Josh Ho Sang?

I don't know what can be making you so down on Buchnevich besides the horrible body language he often exhibits.

His goals/assists have been pretty much the same as Kreider's at the same ages, he has more edge to his game along the boards than most Russians, and the analytics show him to be a key part of the KZB line's success (Mika's and CK's numbers are worse without Buch than with him, while Buch's numbers are pretty much the same no matter who he plays with).

Almost all hockey fans, let alone just Ranger fans, should be rooting for Buchnevich simply because of this play:

Im a very critical fan who admittedly ends up on the wrong side of my evaluations sometimes.
For me it’s not what Buch is, it’s what he is not.
I don’t see the strong on the puck, relentless forechecking or ability to protect the puck from him I see in the top 6 forwards from championship contending teams.

Im a very critical fan who admittedly ends up on the wrong side of my evaluations sometimes.
For me it’s not what Buch is, it’s what he is not.
I don’t see the strong on the puck, relentless forechecking or ability to protect the puck from him I see in the top 6 forwards from championship contending teams.
He’s never going to look like Jesper Fast along the boards, but he gets more work done than you give him credit for, and his points and analytics both put him solidly in the top 30 for RWs and a good fit for the top line (for now, anyway).

Reactions: zappaa

Ha - that was awesome. Marchand has always been a punk. Love that he got the helmet pop and the 2 mins.

He’s never going to look like Jesper Fast along the boards, but he gets more work done than you give him credit for, and his points and analytics both put him solidly in the top 30 for RWs and a good fit for the top line (for now, anyway).
Sports talk is great ain’t it.
Jesper Fast, the Jan Erixon reincarnation who averaged around 25 points a year for his career?
Jesper was and is not a top 6 forward on any contending team

Reactions: TM94goRU
He maybe a punk, but he’s a punk I’d love on my team
Zap, I know that is said about a number of guys over the years in most sports. If I was on a team, and in the trenches, I’m sure I’d think the same. But I’m not. As a general hockey fan, to me, his antics just seem anachronistic.

Meh, I do remember the rough and tumble 70s fondly. Maybe I’m getting soft with old age.

Reactions: zappaa
A more dirtier version of Claude Lemieux or Esa Tikkanen
in 1995 right before the playoff started I bought a Lemieux jersey. Wore it to all their playoff games and finals. After they won the cup people wanted to buy it from me. I , of course, said NO . Late last winter I was able to get him to sign it at Sports minded in Warren. He said it looked like it had a few miles on it. Now I have to get it framed .

Sports talk is great ain’t it.
Jesper Fast, the Jan Erixon reincarnation who averaged around 25 points a year for his career?
Jesper was and is not a top 6 forward on any contending team
I meant Fast as an example of the relentless forechecking you brought up. You are right , though, a ton of scoring chances died on his stick playing him with Panarin.

Zap, I know that is said about a number of guys over the years in most sports. If I was on a team, and in the trenches, I’m sure I’d think the same. But I’m not. As a general hockey fan, to me, his antics just seem anachronistic.

Meh, I do remember the rough and tumble 70s fondly. Maybe I’m getting soft with old age.
The dirty play is one thing with Marchand. It was the licking that creeped me out about him.

Reactions: TM94goRU and zappaa
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT