ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NHL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Brick, home of Jim Dowd and where JVR learned the game as a kid. The Ocean Ice Palace.
I'm feeling the shrinkage just looking at the place. So friggin' cold.

98344185_3046554965391174_5106350845155344384_o-e1602164855594.jpg
Never been, I don't know how to ice skate unfortunately, but I did have a close relative work as one of the workers that constructed it.
@chickenpatty2 ain't lyin'

I remember getting ready to go there the first time and someone telling me to make sure I dressed warm. I'm like it's a rink I've been in them before with my boys. And this person said you'll see.,.LOL man were they right.

Rumor has it after Sandy even though they didn't have power for about a week the ice never melted.

Last edited:
Nice one. I'm guessing 70s, but only because black & white. Could be earlier. Don't see any helmets. Not sure when the indoor rink was named. Kinda clueless, other than knowing that I like Applegate Farms peanut butter/vanilla ice cream the best!
That picture is probably around 1967.
The roof was constructed around 1980, still there today.

Devils also known as the Road Warriors up 1 - 0 on happy Zajac day . 1000 games all as a Devil . Good job by him !

Larry Brooks scary take on Zibanajad.
They may not have been able to find out what is wrong specifically with Zibanejad, but there is something going on beyond just bad play.

His coordination and reactions seem to be completely off. There are times he has trouble even taking simple passes without fumbling them, and he can't even connect on a one-timer (if he doesn't break his stick he often doesn't come close to hitting the target).

The Eichel move would be a mistake. They shouldn't take on that kind of salary thanks to signing Kreider and Trouba long term. If they are going to trade away cheap young players under team control for a while they should be getting a cheap young center out of the Kings instead (who have too many center prospects and need wingers and dmen).

Larry Brooks scary take on Zibanajad.
I like Brooks but sometimes he misses the mark, as far as Eichel, if he is on the block what are you willing to give up for him zap? Brooks mentioned Laf as a starter in a package, if I'm Buffalo I'd be asking for your boy Miller. The other team who would have eyes on him would be the Kings who have the assets to make the move like the Rangers do.

I'm also not sure I'm that sold on Eichel.

Today is the 41st anniversary of the greatest moment in sports history, if you've never seen this HBO documentary do watch it, if you don't at least have a lump in your throat at the end you're simply a commie:

I like Brooks but sometimes he misses the mark, as far as Eichel, if he is on the block what are you willing to give up for him zap? Brooks mentioned Laf as a starter in a package, if I'm Buffalo I'd be asking for your boy Miller. The other team who would have eyes on him would be the Kings who have the assets to make the move like the Rangers do.

I'm also not sure I'm that sold on Eichel.
I get why Buffalo would want to trade with the Kings (to get a young, cheap, replacement at center for Eichel as part of the compensation).

I just don't get why the Kings would want to do it. Trade a center who will be on an ELC like Turcotte so you can spend $20 million on two centers (Kopitar and Eichel) and block Byfield from the top 6?

I get why Buffalo would want to trade with the Kings (to get a young, cheap, replacement at center for Eichel as part of the compensation).

I just don't get why the Kings would want to do it. Trade a center who will be on an ELC like Turcotte so you can spend $20 million on two centers (Kopitar and Eichel) and block Byfield from the top 6?
I dunno, I just hear the Kings connected to Eichel all the time. But he would be a natural fit for the Rangers for sure.

Don’t understand the need for leaving team
He has a lot of family back in Russia. He could be taking this accusation as an implied message that there will be retribution for his anti-Putin comments (from a group of people who poison their enemies).

You can’t rule out that the story is true, but it would be totally against how his character has been portrayed while a member of three different teams.

They didn't support DeAngelo when a Rangers blogger falsely accused him of saying racist stuff to Miller.

Prob cuz he had other issues within the locker room.
DeAngelo is ****ing nutjob - this was not his first time alienating himself in a locker room. Had nothing to do with him being a MAGA nut, for clarification, before you inevitably go to that.
He has a lot of family back in Russia. He could be taking this accusation as an implied message that there will be retribution for his anti-Putin comments (from a group of people who poison their enemies).

You can’t rule out that the story is true, but it would be totally against how his character has been portrayed while a member of three different teams.
This is so clearly a hit-piece from Putin and his cronies. There isn't even a woman behind these accusations - it's a second-hand account from a former coach of his that says crazy shit all the time. They wanted to destroy Panarin's reputation and threaten him for his latest anti-Putin stuff. It's wild.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Panarin was desperately trying to get his loved ones on a plane right now. They're probably in significant danger.

Absolutely crazy stuff, Putin is a scary, scary man.

DeAngelo is ****ing nutjob - this was not his first time alienating himself in a locker room. Had nothing to do with him being a MAGA nut, for clarification, before you inevitably go to that.

This is so clearly a hit-piece from Putin and his cronies. There isn't even a woman behind these accusations - it's a second-hand account from a former coach of his that says crazy shit all the time. They wanted to destroy Panarin's reputation and threaten him for his latest anti-Putin stuff. It's wild.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Panarin was desperately trying to get his loved ones on a plane right now. They're probably in significant danger.

Absolutely crazy stuff, Putin is a scary, scary man.

Fact : a rangers blogger accused DeAngelo of saying racist stuff to Miller, without evidence

Fact : Miller strongly denied it.

Reactions: TM94goRU
Fact: He got into an altercation with his goalie after they lost a game in OT to the Penguins, and it wasn't his first time being a problem with the Rangers. More like a "final straw".

He's cancerous as a teammate.

Yeah, so?
No ones denying that, it's already been discussed here.

I provided facts though.
The blogger accused him of racism before he had the fight with the goalie.
The team didn't send out a release defending him.

I'm glad he's off that team, our rival, he's a damn good player.

They may not have been able to find out what is wrong specifically with Zibanejad, but there is something going on beyond just bad play.

His coordination and reactions seem to be completely off. There are times he has trouble even taking simple passes without fumbling them, and he can't even connect on a one-timer (if he doesn't break his stick he often doesn't come close to hitting the target).

The Eichel move would be a mistake. They shouldn't take on that kind of salary thanks to signing Kreider and Trouba long term. If they are going to trade away cheap young players under team control for a while they should be getting a cheap young center out of the Kings instead (who have too many center prospects and need wingers and dmen).
My fear is something neurological. He's had concussions before and disengaged and mistimed play was obvious anytime Lindors or Nash got "their bell ring". Hopefully it's covid related because he was more Hart worthy than Paneron was last year.

My fear is something neurological. He's had concussions before and disengaged and mistimed play was obvious anytime Lindors or Nash got "their bell ring". Hopefully it's covid related because he was more Hart worthy than Paneron was last year.
He’s in Giancarlo Stanton territory with swings, misses and broken bats

Reactions: RU Cheese
What’s scary is the thought it is covid AND concussion related.

There is a percentage of regular Covid patients who experience some neurological issues, Nobody has any idea what it might do to someone who already has things going on neurologically because of previous concussions.

Reactions: RU Cheese
Terrible game for the Devils against Buffalo. They made the Sabres goalie Ullmark look like Hasek. The special teams are bad, with the Devils penalty kill being one of the worse I have ever seen. It was total attack time for Buffalo, the Devils could barely clear their zone.

Terrible game for the Devils against Buffalo. They made the Sabres goalie Ullmark look like Hasek. The special teams are bad, with the Devils penalty kill being one of the worse I have ever seen. It was total attack time for Buffalo, the Devils could barely clear their zone.
I normally wouldn't have bet on a game like this, but I made a little money because I saw a graphic before the game on NHL network showing where Buffalo's PP had been doing well and the Devils had been scored on 6 of their last 8 times shorthanded.

Reactions: TM94goRU
Ranger fans
How do we overcome no Bread?
Don’t bother answering.
We can do some good things possibly for a few games, but long term we have no chance without him.
I’m hoping his leave is way short

I’ve read everything you can read about Panerin’s hiatus, all indications are he’s going to stay at his home in Connecticut.
I fail to understand how his leave of absence improves the situation?
Their is absolutely nothing in writing about a course of action, or if their is something Bread can do.
How does not playing help him?

I’ve read everything you can read about Panerin’s hiatus, all indications are he’s going to stay at his home in Connecticut.
I fail to understand how his leave of absence improves the situation?
Their is absolutely nothing in writing about a course of action, or if their is something Bread can do.
How does not playing help him?

Must be related to stress and anxiety caused by the situation that he needs to take a break?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT