ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NHL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a lot of family in Russia. Putin is a dictator who is not above having people killed who speak out against him or are associated with those who do. I can see Panarin’s family’s safety being of massive concern to him. Sucks for us as fans, but this is some seriously scary shit that transcends well beyond some hockey games.

Devils broke a three-game losing streak but now got the Caps in a back to back and we don't match up with them AT ALL.

Reactions: TM94goRU
That was as fun of a third period as I have seen in a while. Wouldn't want to see the Bruins in a best of seven though.

Laf with his first assist on a great pass.
So, it’s halfway though the game-

Julien Gauthier scored the first goal. Lafrenière has an assist and also hit the crossbar on another nice play.

Quinn has given each of them less ice time than Johnny Brodzinski and Brett Howden.

I haven’t hated a coach so badly since Ash.

Reactions: ClassOf02
So, it’s halfway though the game-

Julien Gauthier scored the first goal. Lafrenière has an assist and also hit the crossbar on another nice play.

Quinn has given each of them less ice time than Johnny Brodzinski and Brett Howden.

I haven’t hated a coach so badly since Ash.
Blackwell taking Panarin’s place on the top power play unit.

Rooney with the 2nd most ice time of any forward.
Tonight obviously worked out fine so I’ll bite my tongue a bit, but some head scratching stuff.

Blackwell taking Panarin’s place on the top power play unit.

Rooney with the 2nd most ice time of any forward.
Tonight obviously worked out fine so I’ll bite my tongue a bit, but some head scratching stuff.
Rooney was killing it on face offs so I can see Quinn getting him out there because he overvalues them. Blackwell has been playing well even if he has trouble finishing,

Giving more ice time to a 27 year old career AHLer like Brodzinski (who is only up because they are missing 3 forwards) than Gauthier or Lafrenière is ridiculous.

Reactions: Block R and phlop87
I was hoping PK would get better, after the breakup. I was hoping the Devils would still be in the playoff race the last month of the season. My hopes are pretty much dashed. Would love to see them play a full game with intensity.

Nothing but zeros in every offensive column from Zibanajad again...
I’m talking shots on goal and shots attempted.
Forget about his point total.
Howden extended his scoring streak for the season at 0.

He scored 23 goals in the the last 22 games of last season, his drop in play is so baffling that there has to be an underlying factor (injury, still dealing with aftereffects of Covid) involved.

On a Rangers positive note, Laf has three points in last four games. He's heating up.

He scored 23 goals in the the last 22 games of last season, his drop in play is so baffling that there has to be an underlying factor (injury, still dealing with aftereffects of Covid) involved.

On a Rangers positive note, Laf has three points in last four games. He's heating up.
He’s the only player in every major sport including college to have their game destroyed by Covid?

He’s the only player in every major sport including college to have their game destroyed by Covid?
Zajac was playing like the Zajac of 2012 before he went down with Covid, he's been a hot mess since he's come back from it, in fact we've lost four our of five since his return.

I think there is more cases than you might think.

Rooney and Blackwell have been nice additions, but Quinn doesn’t want to admit that their addition should result in the subtraction of Howden and Lemieux.

Zibanejad keeps saying he feels fine, but he should be shut down for a while for more testing when Chytil comes back. The doctors must have a ton of baseline data on him from his previous concussions to see if they can figure out what is up with him.

Zajac was playing like the Zajac of 2012 before he went down with Covid, he's been a hot mess since he's come back from it, in fact we've lost four our of five since his return.

I think there is more cases than you might think.
Also, Ristolainin from Buffalo has actually said publicly that he has been going through a lot and has been hugely impacted by the mental after effects of Covid.

Devils veteran players are sinking the ship, Palms, Vats, Zajac and Subban have all been anywhere from bad to terrible, and the worst player has been Gusev.

Devils veteran players are sinking the ship, Palms, Vats, Zajac and Subban have all been anywhere from bad to terrible, and the worst player has been Gusev.
Palms shouldn't be in that group imo, he needs to finish, but he's getting a lot of chances.

I think PK is taking too much flak as well.

Vat's Zajac and Gusev all looking pretty bad though..

Meanwhile, the kids are looking good, but still a young group.

Palms shouldn't be in that group imo, he needs to finish, but he's getting a lot of chances.

I think PK is taking too much flak as well.

Vat's Zajac and Gusev all looking pretty bad though..

Meanwhile, the kids are looking good, but still a young group.
He's been playing mostly bad hockey minus the two games back to back he scored his three goals on the season, but he's not going to get scratched either when he's really the only goal scorer we have.

I think PK should be scratched only because he's played every game so far including the last 8 in 13 days.

Gusev does nothing but give up the puck.

He's been playing mostly bad hockey minus the two games back to back he scored his three goals on the season, but he's not going to get scratched either when he's really the only goal scorer we have.

I think PK should be scratched only because he's played every game so far including the last 8 in 13 days.

Gusev does nothing but give up the puck.
Palms hit like 3 or 4 posts in the games following that mini goal streak. I think he's been playing well enough, but he does need to finish.

Reactions: TM94goRU
Gusev's. goose is cooked. If you can't trade him, at least get him off the top line. No higher than the third line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT