ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NHL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New Jersey Devils, the Kings of late meaningless goals. Finally score, only 12.2 seconds left 2-1 game over, meaningful season over.

Reactions: rurichdog
The Rangers just had a total of 8 shots on goal in the last two periods against Buffalo, so Thursday’s game is a race to the bottom.
Lol Krup,
That nut case Michelettili called it a defensive gem.
That guy is the absolute worst

Lol Krup,
That nut case Michelettili called it a defensive gem.
That guy is the absolute worst
Michelletti is definitely the Baghdad Bob of hockey analysts.

For the Devils fans, imagine if every time one the young players who doesn't get enough ice time makes a play, your announcer actually credits the coach's jerking him around as the reason they "developed" and succeeded (not that the player actually is good and could make plays more if the coach wasn't leaving him on the bench). Then, at least once every game you would listen to him rave about how well PK or Gusev are playing, when your eyes are seeing something completely different.

For the Devils fans, imagine if every time one the young players who doesn't get enough ice time makes a play, your announcer actually credits the coach's jerking him around as the reason they "developed" and succeeded (not that the player actually is good and could make plays more if the coach wasn't leaving him on the bench). Then, at least once every game you would listen to him rave about how well PK or Gusev are playing, when your eyes are seeing something completely different.
Never got all the hype even going back to the Hab’s days.

Never got all the hype even going back to the Hab’s days.
He was a dynamic player when he came into the league and Habs fans felt the same way about him, they adored him and when PK was traded for Shea Weber they almost rioted in Montreal over the trade, they were besides themselves. NOW I bet they would make that trade 100% of the time.

Somehow the Isles have three straight home games against the Sabres coming up. I guess a reschedule of a Covid postponement factoring in here. Need to fatten up on that stretch of the schedule. Can't figure out some of these teams are really that anemic offensively or if the Isles just make them look that way.

He was a dynamic player when he came into the league and Habs fans felt the same way about him, they adored him and when PK was traded for Shea Weber they almost rioted in Montreal over the trade, they were besides themselves. NOW I bet they would make that trade 100% of the time.
He was different and had a dynamic personality on and OFF the ice. That’s part of the hype as well. Preds fans liked him too...at first.

Big shot, just an okay skater and not as tough as I want for my defensemen.

Reactions: TM94goRU
Say what you want about PK, but the guy donated $10M to Montreal's Children's Hospital a few years ago. That's a massive amount of money no matter what your salary is.
That’s a great gesture. And should be applauded.

But I was just talking about his game.😉

Reactions: RU Cheese
He was different and had a dynamic personality on and OFF the ice. That’s part of the hype as well. Preds fans liked him too...at first.

Big shot, just an okay skater and not as tough as I want for my defensemen.
It's his skating that has contributed to his decline, he was a lot quicker on his skates than he is today, my guess is he's either bulked up and added weight or just neglected keeping that part of his game sharp.

Nico out for a while, concussion protocol and broken bones in his face. This kid is so jinxed.

Watched the Big Bad Bruins documentary last night.
Forgot about this hit on Orr from Pat Quinn.
Knocked out, spent night in hospital and played the next game

At what point does Joe Michaletti actually say something negative.
He’s said not one word about the Rangers play, only what he thinks they need to do.
Spend more time in the Devils end, no shit

At what point does Joe Michaletti actually say something negative.
He’s said not one word about the Rangers play, only what he thinks they need to do
Same here with Dano, I'd wish they give Salvador a shot. I hate homers, it's also why the Mets have the best booth in all of sports.

Same here with Dano, I'd wish they give Salvador a shot. I hate homers, it's also why the Mets have the best booth in all of sports.
That might be the worst period of hockey the Rangers have played all season, that’s saying something

Jack Hughes might win the Art Ross trophy if he could play the Rangers every game.

Even if there weren’t a ton of other reasons to do it, Quinn should be canned for not even being able to get the Rangers fired up when they play the Islanders and Devils.

Jack Hughes might win the Art Ross trophy if he could play the Rangers every game.

Even if there weren’t a ton of other reasons to do it, Quinn should be canned for not even being able to get the Rangers fired up when they play the Islanders and Devils.
My god is this ugly

This should be one of those 5-1 games but the Devils couldn't score if you let them shoot into a soccer net.

Sam and Joe just said the Rangers were outstanding in’the second period.

They played like dogs**t and Kreider made two plays.

Reactions: zappaa
That does not look good for Shesterkin. Hopefully not season-ending, but looks bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT