ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022-2023 English Premier League Season.

Wow ref just rescinded a red card, switched it to yellow.

3-3 final. Great match to watch. Pope was great in goal for New Castle even letting 3 goals, nothing he could have done on them.

Which side New Castle or City? In my opinion if City Pulisic sees less playing time than at Chelsea. If New Castle then I can see him as an upgrade over Almiron, but Almiron has an extremely high work rate, much higher than Pulisic.

Again in my opinion Pulisic doesn’t start for any of the big 6, maybe Man U, because of how dysfunctional they are.
Yeah like for like CP would play over Almiron IMO but more likely I'd envision the shape changing and both potentially playing. All moot unless he actually goes there. Would be giving up champions league (at least this year 😀 )

Yeah like for like CP would play over Almiron IMO but more likely I'd envision the shape changing and both potentially playing. All moot unless he actually goes there. Would be giving up champions league (at least this year 😀 )
So apparently Puli's dad liked some tweets bashing Tuchel and basically saying Puli should play over Mount etc. Some Chelsea blogger in a tizzy from it. Feels like the relationship is ending.

liverpool's injury list is substantial. and nunez being suspended really didn't help either.
Regardless, Klopp (and FSG) has a lot to answer for - this was absolutely pathetic. Everybody keeps talking about how much trouble ManU is in, but Liverpool is in shambles right now with seemingly no end in sight.

Regardless, Klopp (and FSG) has a lot to answer for - this was absolutely pathetic. Everybody keeps talking about how much trouble ManU is in, but Liverpool is in shambles right now with seemingly no end in sight.
liverpool really needed to buy two MF and a CB this summer. the rest has been fine. even so, can't forecast missing 10 first team players only 3 weeks into the season.

Tried to do a quick viewing of the Liverpool-Man U match on Peacock. When i opened the app there was a headline than Man U won so that ruined it. I tried to buzz through to watch the highlights or anything else that looked interesting but their interface sucks. I usually do this with DVR and can watch lead up to goals, cards, etc, and get through the whole thing in 10 minutes. But with peacock when you fast forward you cant see the video, it just jumps around. Dont like it.

Looks like New Castle are about to sign a good young striker from LaLiga for a club record fee. Isak, Swedish striker, he is talented.

Looks like New Castle are about to sign a good young striker from LaLiga for a club record fee. Isak, Swedish striker, he is talented.
they're making preparations at a run for europe next season. if they can get there this season, which is entirely possible, it would be a bonus.

Bad first half for Leeds vs a poor Everton side. Let’s see what Marsh can come up with at halftime.

Now a brawl has broken out. Yellow cards. This might get real interesting

Damn, USA channel keeps freezing. Missing most of the second half.

Chelsea fire Tuchel. Potter, Poch, and Zidane thought to be contenders to take over.

Potter is choice #1. They're already received permission from Brighton to speak with him.

It's quite surprising as the team let Tuchel choose a lot of the players we just brought in. With that said he played a lot of guys out of position and tactically was too rigid with his system. Seems he was boxing out a lot of the players. So in the end it's very surprising but it's also really not. I'm sure new ownership wants all their guys in as well.

Potter hired already.
Yeah, 5 year deal. Very good young manager. Let’s see if he can coach stars and get them to play his style. Big step up for him, I think he is ready. Stars have to buy in.

Yeah, 5 year deal. Very good young manager. Let’s see if he can coach stars and get them to play his style. Big step up for him, I think he is ready. Stars have to buy in.
there are plenty of good coaches out there. when you're talking about managing a big club, there's a lot more that goes into man management, as well as managing the ownership and front office. chelsea under boehly is acting like cheslea under abramovich, so leash is going to be short, regardless of contract length.

This weekend's EPL games have been suspended as a show of respect for the Queen.

UEFA said that they'll accommodate any English Champions League teams that want to adjust their schedule.

Classy move

fixture congestion is going to be a bitch when trying to reschedule this weekend's games...
I can't imagine they'd go dark for more than one weekend, right? I suppose it'll be one crowded week, in that case.
It is a grueling schedule though. A team like Liverpool (FA Cup winner, Champ League final, in the running for the Premier league win until the very end, right back to EPL and Champ League after a short summer) have played A LOT of big time games in the past year.

At least Egypt didn't make the WC so Mo Salah gets a break and maybe start scoring again.

Last edited:
Yup. WC already screwing everything up and now throw this into the mix.
The bright side for us is that we get to watch a lot of great soccer this year. All on first-class platforms with premium coverage. On demand if you missed it live. What a time to be a fan.

Reactions: Zak57
I can't imagine they'd go dark for more than one weekend, right? I suppose it'll be one crowded week, in that case.
It is a grueling schedule though. I team like Liverpool has played A LOT of games over the past year.
For teams that are competing in Europe, midweek is not easy to schedule. Plus FA cup. And Carabao cup. The WC has already created a bunch more PL midweek fixtures, so this weekend's matches might not be able to be rescheduled until May.

Saw something about Elon Musk buying Man U. Is that true? Like him or not, the guy just plows ahead and does sh!t. Damn the torpedoes!
I love it
Not a Man U fan myself. Arsenal is my team even though I hate the manager. Sooner we ditch Eddie Munster the better. He wins just enough to not get fired.😡
West Ham and Wolverhampton are my back ups. Daughter is a Spurs fan.
Big Wolverhampton fan... My travel team was Wolverhampton (Wolves) before they made it back to the show.

Waiting to see how Diego Costa performs. Some bad luck with injuries but just stay out of relegation.

Tuchel is a psycho on sideline and with players. I am not shocked.

Who would want to play for him.
so are pep, conte, and klopp. and bielsa and poch. sir alex was a psycho who was known for the "hair dryer treatment" at half time. top players want to win top comps. if they can't deal with it, they get weeded out.

This weekend's EPL games have been suspended as a show of respect for the Queen.

UEFA said that they'll accommodate any English Champions League teams that want to adjust their schedule.

Classy move
Wrong move IMO. From what I understand she probably would have wanted them to play (with a proper cocktail in hand as well). Better to play the games and have a nice tribute pre-game to me.

Good early returns FWIW. Pulisic scores on a tidy finish today. Clear as day that he and Mount have good chemistry and are better on the field together. Puli would have had 2 if not for a brilliant save from the Wolves keeper earlier.

In reality the league is City and .... everybody else. Haaland's world and we just live here. Ho hum return today for him (just 1 goal??? Haha)

Also Newcastle up to 5th with a game or so in hand. I don't want to *embarass* myself by saying again they could challenge for top 4 so I will wait until January when they .... probably spend some more. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT