ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022-23 NHL thread….Devils & Rangers & Islanders

I agree with your thoughts here.

The problem I see is, Gallant is being selective with accountability. You can not forgive a veteran's mistakes and glue others to the bench; and I'm specifically thinking of Goodrow's slick pass to Jack Hughes.

I like Panarin, but find he tries to force passes too often in dangerous places. If you want to try to force something to the far post for a goal mouth pass, great. If it doesn't work, your 200 feet from you're own net. But, make the same pass across the offensive blueline, and you are now in full retreat if someone jumps the pass.

I dont understand his personnel management.
So, now that they gave him “zero goals this year”, Leschyzyn, Gallant is finally comfortable with sending “zero goals as a Ranger” Blais to the AHL.

They are bringing up the kid Cuylle so , according to rumors, Gallant will adjust to the infusion of youth by benching another young player, Kravstov.

If so, Kravstov has gone from second line RW to being demoted because of the defensive mistakes of Panarin/Trochek to being benched in two games. This is the second time Kravstov is being benched after a win where he did nothing wrong, after Gallant kept other lineups going 3-4 games in a row and said he doesn't want to mess with what is working. Kravstov trade request should (deservedly) be coming soon.

I don’t know why I am even paying attention until he gets canned, it isn’t good for my blood pressure,

Reactions: TM94goRU
So, now that they gave him “zero goals this year”, Leschyzyn, Gallant is finally comfortable with sending “zero goals as a Ranger” Blais to the AHL.

They are bringing up the kid Cuylle so , according to rumors, Gallant will adjust to the infusion of youth by benching another young player, Kravstov.

If so, Kravstov has gone from second line RW to being demoted because of the defensive mistakes of Panarin/Trochek to being benched in two games. This is the second time Kravstov is being benched after a win where he did nothing wrong, after Gallant kept other lineups going 3-4 games in a row and said he doesn't want to mess with what is working. Kravstov trade request should (deservedly) be coming soon.

I don’t know why I am even paying attention until he gets canned, it isn’t good for my blood pressure,
But will he get canned? Where do you think the front office is on GG?

But will he get canned? Where do you think the front office is on GG?
I don’t think anything happens until after the season, barring a losing steak that puts making the playoffs in jeopardy.

Allegedly he was in thin ice until the hot streak that moved them from on the bubble to 3rd place in the Metro .

Lately most Devils games are formulaic. Score early then nothing until you lose the lead.

Tonight Palat scored early off of a Vegas player's stick. The Devils go into a shell, and end up down 2-1 until the goalie Vanecek is pulled. Score late and win in OT.

The Vegas goalie Thompson had a nice game, as Vegas played well. Dougie Hamilton scored twice to net 2 points. To show the erratic compete level for the NJD, until a trip was called in overtime, Vegas had 3 PP's to 0 for NJD. The Devils get their shots, but too many are one and done.

Lindy Ruff should thank GOD that Fitzgerald is a fanboy. Most GM's would be looking to make a change to get the team to be more consistent. I would expect a trade soon. Who ever it will be Timo Meier, Max Domi, Bo Horvat or a surprise. To win in the playoffs you need to play hard the whole game.

Yep, Titans games were cool because you had Flyers fans, Rangers fans, and Devils fans all rooting for the same team. Then the Devils took over and alienated most of the fanbase and it wasn't long before they folded.

That’s not unique, go to any Rutgers game to experience that.

I went to a Trenton Devils game and the hockey itself was very good, lots of scoring chances and multiple fights.

Old school hockey at a much more reasonably priced ticket

It’s too bad the ECHL has lost so many teams league wide

How about a reunion with Adam Henrique?
I'd be down for that, but right now we should have our eyes on Timo Meier in a trade and then extend him. But Rico would make a fine Plan B.

Last edited:
My favorite was John D'Amico as a linesman. Very strong and tough character.
From his Wiki page:
"He was renowned during his career for his immense physical strength"
My favorite was Kevin Collins.
He always seem to be unwillingly in the middle of fights trying to break them up.

Reactions: colbert17
The Pass

FnSwIynXEAAIU1r

Reactions: robcac26
Bing Bang BOOM!

Great sequence/passing by the Rangers on that last goal.

2-1 Blueshirts.

Bing Bang BOOM!

Great sequence/passing by the Rangers on that last goal.

2-1 Blueshirts.
As long as this game doesn't go to OT, I don't care who wins. It's hard for me to say this, but the Rangers winning this game wouldn't be terrible.

Chytil was all over the ice, scored two goals and had several other good chances, and Gallant gave him 13:49 in even strength ice time.

Trochek is out there taking bad penalties, committing turnovers and underproducing, and he got 16:25.

The Chytil line gets paired most often with Harpur and Schneider. The Trochek line gets Miller/Trouba.

And people wonder why the Rangers young players don’t produce more points.

Reactions: RU Cheese
Trochek.Kreider and Goorow on for game tying goal
The Kid line barely played at the end of the game.

Goodrow and Trochek (along with Panarin) probably have the highest rate of turnovers of the Ranger forwards, and Kreider was playing like ass last night, yet Gallant trusted them to protect the lead because they are veterans.

The Kid line barely played at the end of the game.

Goodrow and Trochek (along with Panarin) probably have the highest rate of turnovers of the Ranger forwards, and Kreider was playing like ass last night, yet Gallant trusted them to protect the lead because they are veterans.
Trochek in his current form, without getting into obvious specifics is the Rangers elephant in the room for poor play.
Kreider is 1B
Overall those two are far more the issues than Truba Krup

I didn't see the game last night, but judging by the box score and his -1, I'm guessing Cuylle was on the ice for a goal and then Gallant never played the 4th line again.

I didn't see the game last night, but judging by the box score and his -1, I'm guessing Cuylle was on the ice for a goal and then Gallant never played the 4th line again.
That goal for what it’s worth had nothing to do with Cuylie, as Krup has stated multiple times, if we don’t have a fourth line center anywhere in the Rangers organization better than the kid we got on waivers from Vegas, we’re in a heap load of trouble come playoff time

Trochek in his current form, without getting into obvious specifics is the Rangers elephant in the room for poor play.
Kreider is 1B
Overall those two are far more the issues than Truba Krup
As “elephants in the room” (problems that exist but aren’t talked about enough) my only problem with your post is that I think you need to include Panarin as well.

His point production was covering up a bunch of other flaws, but it was heavily dependent on the power play. Now the power play isn’t producing either.

I am disappointed with Trochek, and wanted to see him with someone other than Panarin to narrow down where the problem lies. Now he is with struggling Kreider so we still won’t learn anything.

It is intriguing, though, that in a real short stint Trochek looked good with Vesey and Goodrow.

Of course moron Gallant had to break them up after a game.

6-8 minutes is common for the fourth line under Gallant, unless Goodrow or Vesey is playing on the fourth line, in which case he gives the 4th more ice time than Chytil’s line gets.

As “elephants in the room” (problems that exist but aren’t talked about enough) my only problem with your post is that I think you need to include Panarin as well.

His point production was covering up a bunch of other flaws, but it was heavily dependent on the power play. Now the power play isn’t producing either.

I am disappointed with Trochek, and wanted to see him with someone other than Panarin to narrow down where the problem lies. Now he is with struggling Kreider so we still won’t learn anything.

It is intriguing, though, that in a real short stint Trochek looked good with Vesey and Goodrow.

Panarin’s production is criminal I agree, but he still makes incredible plays

Last edited:

Panarin’s production is criminal I agree, but he still makes incredible plays
I thought he looked terrible in OT. From the faceoff.

Miller didn’t look too hot in OT either.

Lately most Devils games are formulaic. Score early then nothing until you lose the lead.

Tonight Palat scored early off of a Vegas player's stick. The Devils go into a shell, and end up down 2-1 until the goalie Vanecek is pulled. Score late and win in OT.

The Vegas goalie Thompson had a nice game, as Vegas played well. Dougie Hamilton scored twice to net 2 points. To show the erratic compete level for the NJD, until a trip was called in overtime, Vegas had 3 PP's to 0 for NJD. The Devils get their shots, but too many are one and done.

Lindy Ruff should thank GOD that Fitzgerald is a fanboy. Most GM's would be looking to make a change to get the team to be more consistent. I would expect a trade soon. Who ever it will be Timo Meier, Max Domi, Bo Horvat or a surprise. To win in the playoffs you need to play hard the whole game.
Why would you expect playoff level compete on a random Tuesday? I’d expect a trade soon for many teams. Devils have a bunch of guys they will lose to waivers next year that could help teams up against the cap.

Why would you expect playoff level compete on a random Tuesday? I’d expect a trade soon for many teams. Devils have a bunch of guys they will lose to waivers next year that could help teams up against the cap.
I expect a consistent compete level, i.e. play hard for the entire game. The Devils have not been doing this for awhile, whether a weekend game against a divisional opponent or a lazy Tuesday against Vegas.

I mentioned the trade because as I was typing I thought of Lou firing Robbie Ftorek late in '00 and replacing him with Larry Robinson. Tom Fitzgerald is a Ruff fanboy, this is why Ruff survived so many great coaches being available this off season.

Well to me when the team is not playing hard consistently it is one or the other or both, coaching change and/or trades. If the NJD go into the tank like they did after the winning streak, this year could end on a whimper. Teams need to win at home to maximize the year.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Not sure I've ever seen a team give up so many breakaways and still be in the game down to the wire. This easily could have been a blowout. I hope they pick up a depth defenseman before the deadline to bump Okhotiuk and Bahl down on the depth chart.

Reactions: TM94goRU
In an inconsistent game across the board the Devils luck ran out. This was not Nashville, they were very beatable. This was the NJD, turning the game over to Nashville.

The Devils have been winning with skill and timely scoring. Not playing smart and hard consistently lost the game tonight.

Whether this team is tired or has hit the wall, Tom Fitzgerald is on the clock.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT