ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022-23 NHL thread….Devils & Rangers & Islanders

How the PHuk can opening night be only on espn+
Absolutely absurd. Bettman is and always will be a complete moron.
This is the worst thing. You either have to buy 3 packages or go with a fugazy pirated stream. Beyond stupid. Are they trying to make sure ppl don't watch on TV?

Well the Flyers beat the NJD 5-2. I will try to give a brief synopsis.
1- Why the Hell did the Devils not fire the goalie coach DR? Inexcusable.
2- Blackwood let his all to frequent 3 bad goals in. He still sucks at controlling his rebounds! Hart was much better tonight.
3- I thought the NJD had addressed some of their problems when teams get physical. While they outshot Philly, most shots came from the outside.
4- JT has the Flyers playing physical Flyers hockey again. Once again I feel this factored heavily in the loss.
5- Severson had the second goal. This only helps his trade value.
6- Nice tv crew tonight. John Buccigross and Chicken Parm Ray Ferraro.

My dad was Mr. Devil and sat in the box with Lou and Dr Mac for years.
I have nothing but respect for the Devils organization.
The Mickey Mouse was directed at the NHL or whomever was responsible for blacking out opening day
What do you mean it was blacked out? Same as the Rangers game on Tuesday. It was a nationally televised game that wasn’t on local channels.

They will be eliminated by then
I hope not, but hey I thought tonight would be a win. Another reason I take Fitzgerald to task for giving away ( cutting) NHL proven players for nothing. The Devils are not good enough to do thst. Johnnson went back to Washington and scored a goal tonight. The NJD are poorly run!

Complete waste of time until Ruff is gone. 46 wins in 139 games. Good enough for the Devils to bring back
Agreed, it has to be an ownership problem. Even worse, after a historically bad year, the goalie coach is back. Injuries or not, that is indefensible in my book.

Ranger game couldn’t have gone much better tonight.

Kakko, Chytil score, Laf 2 primary assists, and Kreider gets 2 goals to start off still hot. Panarin looks better than he did most of last year and Trocheck gets his first.

Ranger game couldn’t have gone much better tonight.

Kakko, Chytil score, Laf 2 primary assists, and Kreider gets 2 goals to start off still hot. Panarin looks better than he did most of last year and Trocheck gets his first.
After the first 2 games, are the Rangers on a "mission" this year after coming so close last season? Maybe.

What is the significance of that date in my discussion?
What is the significance of that date at all anymore?
How could the NHL blackout the Devils opening game?

1 cup after 1940. That’s the significance. It’s been a brutal run for the rangers.

I hope not, but hey I thought tonight would be a win. Another reason I take Fitzgerald to task for giving away ( cutting) NHL proven players for nothing. The Devils are not good enough to do thst. Johnnson went back to Washington and scored a goal tonight. The NJD are poorly run!
TM, they put him on waivers. He cleared, so now they have 30 days (or 10 games, whichever is sooner) to trade him, send him down or release him or he has to go through waivers again. I don't know who scored in Washington, but it wasn't him, he's still on this team (for now).

I do get what you're saying, they did just send Goose packing a year ago.

Reactions: TM94goRU
They are always bullied around.

Pansies

I didnt watch tonight, lucky me

I was looking into Center Ice maybe I should not
Come on, get it! It is only 1 game, there are at least 81 left. Maybe the NJD lost tonight because they were missing a critical fan. 😆 no matter what, hockey is fun to watch!

John T. Had the Flyers playing the way they did in the late 90's. Most teams today will not be able to do that. Plus you will want to see the rebound. Carter Hart stole a few goals tonight.

Please get Center Ice or at least reconsider ESPN +. If you don't, I will feel like my reports caused you not too. I'm not the only one that thinks the NJD make the playoffs! You will want to see it.

TM, they put him on waivers. He cleared, so now they have 30 days (or 10 games, whichever is sooner) to trade him, send him down or release him or he has to go through waivers again. I don't know who scored in Washington, but it wasn't him, he's still on this team (for now).

I do get what you're saying, they did just send Goose packing a year ago.
On ESPN + they gave the impression it was him. It has been more than Goose, and when your building it should not be any. Maybe lightening strikes twice, and you draft a player like Bratt, or maybe a physical presence that will help you. After all, you draft a guy and don't ultimately have to sign him if he doesn't impress. Especially with the deep draft coming up!

1 cup after 1940. That’s the significance. It’s been a brutal run for the rangers.
If you look at the number of teams in the league since expansion and the probability of making the finals/winning the Cup, the Rangers have won 1 less Cup than they should have since 1970.

Given the times they have made the semis and finals, that is nowhere near a “brutal run”.

The teams on a brutal run are the teams like Buffalo, Ottawa, Winnipeg, etc. that haven’t won Cups or even come close.

Reactions: mdh2003
1940 has no relevance, 1994 does.
The attack on the Rangers has no relevance since my attack was on the NHL not the Devils..
How does my being upset I can’t look in on the Devils without streaming it, equate to an attack on the Rangers?

Last edited:
1940 has no relevance, 1994 does.
The attack on the Rangers has no relevance since my attack was on the NHL not the Devils..
How does my being upset I can’t look in on the Devils without streaming it, equate to an attack on the Rangers?

i just answered the question. You can ask the original poster why he attacked the Rangers. I just answered what is relevant about 1940. Only one Cup after that year. That’s the relevance.

I have nothing to attack the Rangers about. They’re probably the most compete team in the NHL.

i just answered the question. You can ask the original poster why he attacked the Rangers. I just answered what is relevant about 1940. Only one Cup after that year. That’s the relevance.

I have nothing to attack the Rangers about. They’re probably the most compete team in the NHL.
So you agree and see the relevance ?
If a Yankee fan randomly shouted 1969 at a Met fan, you would understand?
Or would it just be dumb

I've said it before - Devils had an incredible run in 90s-00s, but for whatever reason, the fan base has an inferiority complex. They take more pleasure in Ranger challenges than they do in Devils success.

Agreed, it has to be an ownership problem. Even worse, after a historically bad year, the goalie coach is back. Injuries or not, that is indefensible in my book.
What's the problem with the goalie coach? Im uninformed here so I'm not disagreeing with you, it's just usually the blame belongs to the goalies themselves.

What's the problem with the goalie coach? Im uninformed here so I'm not disagreeing with you, it's just usually the blame belongs to the goalies themselves.
Last season for one. Even with injuries, it was historically bad. All of the many goalies looked like they regressed. A few year's ago Blackwood looked like he was on his way to being very good. Now he looks worst than average.

Or would it just be dumb
Of course it’s dumb. That is the kinda the point. NYR could win back to backs and you would still hear it. Just like NYR fans still chanting “Potvin Sucks” almost every game like 30 years after the guy retires. Or them chanting “Uncle Daddy” to Marty….actually that one was pretty clever, especially because it’s true, lol.

I’m not crazy about this stuff either because it gets pretty boring, but it’s not going anywhere. Fans say stupid/immature crap, it’s not supposed to make sense. You know that.

Or would it just be dumb
Would totally get it. But the Mets have only been around for about half the time as the Rangers so certainly doesn’t have as much meaning.

Heard on Boomer and Geo that the Devils 2022 NHL Opening game wasn't live on TV??? ESPN+
That's awful

Reactions: Ronnie_B
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT