ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 MLB Postseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough game for my Friars last night.

Both Wheeler and Darvish were great on the bump, just 2 small mistakes from Darvish being the difference.

I’d actually only call it one mistake, I can’t believe Harper’s made it out of the yard.

The Schwarber HR was insane. 488 feet, upper deck at Petco which never happens. Longest HR every hit at Petco Park. Absolute bomb.

Today is a big big game. As a Padre fan, I would be very happy with a 1-1 split on Wheeler/Nola games.

Depends who “we” are 😄
I really need your help on my parlays for college football and the NFL. I usually take a 5 minute ride over to Freehold Raceway and do 2 two team parlays. My son and I throw a few bucks on points and maybe u/o and come home on Sundays throw on Red Zone , and shoot the shit.Haven't had much luck and you seem to be on a hot streak. Can't pick Rutgers in state, but the Jets and Giants are good. Stupid Jersey rules.

I really need your help on my parlays for college football and the NFL. I usually take a 5 minute ride over to Freehold Raceway and do 2 two team parlays. My son and I throw a few bucks on points and maybe u/o and come home on Sundays throw on Red Zone , and shoot the shit.Haven't had much luck and you seem to be on a hot streak. Can't pick Rutgers in state, but the Jets and Giants are good. Stupid Jersey rules.
Don’t bet parlays

Learn how to play baseball

very Mets like for Grisham

3 and 1 , pitcher can’t find plate
Bases loaded

swing at a pitch that almost hit your back foot. Want more scoring in baseball ? Teach these idiots basic baseball

BTW , the guy hacking away batted 184 in 450 at bats this year. A record low in MLB history for a player with that many at bats

Bases loaded

swing at a pitch that almost hit your back foot. Want more scoring in baseball ? Teach these idiots basic baseball

BTW , the guy hacking away batted 184 in 450 at bats this year. A record low in MLB history for a player with that many at bats
ummmmm- Mets had 2nd highest OBP. 2nd highest BA 11th highest walks and were 28th in K's...

Using the Met's, may be the most "wrong" anyone could possibly be in this post.

Learn baseball my friend...They were also 5th in runs scored while way back in HR's(15)- kind of tells you they were not just swinging away at bad pitches and played the "old school way" better than most.

Bases loaded

Grish has had an excellent post season, every team playing right now would love to have the production he’s given us this October.

Not to mention it was a 5 run inning for us.

The dude gets a pass

No bigger Mets fan then me on this board
Please everyone on this board stop defending terrible baseball .

Mets had lowest hit total in a winner take all game in Postseason HISTORY.

Ripping a double in the 8th with no one on down 6-1 doesn’t make you a quality catcher batting 250 if you left 5 men on base striking out twice and hitting into a double play.

I really hope Vientos and Baty become great players. Baty could become Chase utley and I wouldn’t give 2 💩💩 if Contreras and maybe Ian Happ helped the Mets win a championship
It’s been 36 years headed for year 37 without a title.

Don’t care about OPS PMS OCD GFY WAR blah blah. I care about guys being allowed to go 1 for 33 , while his counterpart goes 4 for 34 staring at strike 3 twice a game. Watching rookies come up and hit 290 with 15 HR with a teammate starting out hitting 400 for 3 weeks while Mets untouchable rookies combine to hit 13 for 80 . Then allowing best overall prospects to get his first at bat the biggest game of year vs a CY young candidate.

I guess it was ok to watch McCann swing at the first pitch 8 inches low and 6 inches outside in 9 out of every 10 at bats.

in a year when your closer is having an all time year you didn’t help bullpen. Having your best season in years and you go bargain basement for DH help. But But but his OBGYN vs righties at night when temp was above 86 degrees was a plus 6 War-UPS/ fed ex that put him in the top 10% in the NL central

pretty sure Braves were 37-37 vs 500 teams until sweeping Mets but destroyed under 500 teams. Mets thought 2 of 3 vs Oak was ok because baseball is hard. Didn’t matter that Oak had lowest BA at home 204ish in MLB history . Baseball is a long season so falling asleep in April and May vs the Nats is OK. It’s not and never will be ok !!
When some of us are wearing our Mets ‘23 or ‘24 WS champion sweatshirts then getting shut down by a guy with a 6.89 era won’t be so bad.

No bigger Mets fan then me on this board
Please everyone on this board stop defending terrible baseball .

Mets had lowest hit total in a winner take all game in Postseason HISTORY.

Ripping a double in the 8th with no one on down 6-1 doesn’t make you a quality catcher batting 250 if you left 5 men on base striking out twice and hitting into a double play.

I really hope Vientos and Baty become great players. Baty could become Chase utley and I wouldn’t give 2 💩💩 if Contreras and maybe Ian Happ helped the Mets win a championship
It’s been 36 years headed for year 37 without a title.

Don’t care about OPS PMS OCD GFY WAR blah blah. I care about guys being allowed to go 1 for 33 , while his counterpart goes 4 for 34 staring at strike 3 twice a game. Watching rookies come up and hit 290 with 15 HR with a teammate starting out hitting 400 for 3 weeks while Mets untouchable rookies combine to hit 13 for 80 . Then allowing best overall prospects to get his first at bat the biggest game of year vs a CY young candidate.

I guess it was ok to watch McCann swing at the first pitch 8 inches low and 6 inches outside in 9 out of every 10 at bats.

in a year when your closer is having an all time year you didn’t help bullpen. Having your best season in years and you go bargain basement for DH help. But But but his OBGYN vs righties at night when temp was above 86 degrees was a plus 6 War-UPS/ fed ex that put him in the top 10% in the NL central

pretty sure Braves were 37-37 vs 500 teams until sweeping Mets but destroyed under 500 teams. Mets thought 2 of 3 vs Oak was ok because baseball is hard. Didn’t matter that Oak had lowest BA at home 204ish in MLB history . Baseball is a long season so falling asleep in April and May vs the Nats is OK. It’s not and never will be ok !!
When some of us are wearing our Mets ‘23 or ‘24 WS champion sweatshirts then getting shut down by a guy with a 6.89 era won’t be so bad.
Pretty good post, I have to admit some of your lines cracked me up big time. The use of some of those acronyms made me almost pee myself laughing so hard. I agree we need more hitters with a good PMS and OBGYN!!!!!🤣

@nutfromSEC117 im not trying to be an ass here, but at what point do you just say the Mets got beat by the better team?

The Padres were better head to head in the regular season and got hot in the post season.

Like if the Padres make the WS, can’t you just tip your hat and say they had a good October?

I posted in the Mets thread that night there’s not a team in MLB that was touching Musgrove that night. The dude was straight dealing.

If anything, I think Met fans are putting too much stock in regular season wins.

There were probably about 10-15 games in the regular season for the Padres where we realistically could have came back to win but Melvin punted and said we don’t need the W. Preserve the arms and the teams mentality.

Also my last and final point, you guys put way too much stock into Scherzer. I just think you bet on the wrong horse because he has a big name. The guy will have his moments, but he’s pretty clearly trending down IMO.

@nutfromSEC117 im not trying to be an ass here, but at what point do you just say the Mets got beat by the better team?

The Padres were better head to head in the regular season and got hot in the post season.

Like if the Padres make the WS, can’t you just tip your hat and say they had a good October?

I posted in the Mets thread that night there’s not a team in MLB that was touching Musgrove that night. The dude was straight dealing.

If anything, I think Met fans are putting too much stock in regular season wins.

There were probably about 10-15 games in the regular season for the Padres where we realistically could have came back to win but Melvin punted and said we don’t need the W. Preserve the arms and the teams mentality.

Also my last and final point, you guys put way too much stock into Scherzer. I just think you bet on the wrong horse because he has a big name. The guy will have his moments, but he’s pretty clearly trending down IMO.
At this point, just beat whoever comes out of the AL. Don't read much into my current logo,lol. One game in and WFAN is already fielding Yankees Rehab calls. Geez they just faced the AL probably Cy Young winner. You have to expect to K 17 times in 33 AB's 😁

At this point, just beat whoever comes out of the AL. Don't read much into my current logo,lol. One game in and WFAN is already fielding Yankees Rehab calls. Geez they just faced the AL probably Cy Young winner. You have to expect to K 17 times in 33 AB's 😁
Lol no I know you’re a met fan.

I think it’s going to be yanks padres. But the Yankee bullpen is just so freaking bad so we’ll see.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I am trying to make sense of this paragraph, and am having a hard time doing so.

Are you saying that there were 10-15 times when the game was within reach (say, Padres down three-ish) when Melvin used his second tier relievers and saved his frontline guys? If so, every manager does that. With the possible exception of Pete Rose, if he had action on the game.

If that's not it, then please elaborate further.

I am trying to make sense of this paragraph, and am having a hard time doing so.

Are you saying that there were 10-15 times when the game was within reach (say, Padres down three-ish) when Melvin used his second tier relievers and saved his frontline guys? If so, every manager does that. With the possible exception of Pete Rose, if he had action on the game.

If that's not it, then please elaborate further.
Yeah, subbed field position guys out in addition to us having Manny Machado who just blatantly will check out of games more than any other guy in MLB.

My point is simply that there’s too much emphasis on wins and losses defining what teams are good and what teams aren’t.

IMO if you’re a playoff team you are good, it’s not an easy accomplishment (although made easier) and every team playing in October has players that can make moves to spark a lineup.

I’m just tired of seeing people (even their own fans) bashing the Mets for losing to the Padres citing the Mets had 101 wins. Like who cares? The regular season (to an extent) doesn’t mean anything.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Yeah, subbed field position guys out in addition to us having Manny Machado who just blatantly will check out of games more than any other guy in MLB.

My point is simply that there’s too much emphasis on wins and losses defining what teams are good and what teams aren’t.

IMO if you’re a playoff team you are good, it’s not an easy accomplishment (although made easier) and every team playing in October has players that can make moves to spark a lineup.

I’m just tired of seeing people (even their own fans) bashing the Mets for losing to the Padres citing the Mets had 101 wins. Like who cares? The regular season (to an extent) doesn’t mean anything.
I don't think anyone ever thought the Padres were a bad team- I do think that they checked out a bit after LAD took such a huge lead and they lost Tatis for the year.

They are a very flawed team though but their pitching has been very good and against the Met's the bottom of the order won that series- go figure

I don't think anyone ever thought the Padres were a bad team- I do think that they checked out a bit after LAD took such a huge lead and they lost Tatis for the year.

They are a very flawed team though but their pitching has been very good and against the Met's the bottom of the order won that series- go figure
Where would you say we are very flawed?

Maybe I’m being a massive homer right now, but I don’t see a single weakness in this team.

With that said, my take all season long on the Padres have been that they’re incredibly frustrating. When they are on and locked in mentally, it’s seriously an elite team. But there were stretches during the year where it felt like a chore watching a team mentally check out in the 3rd inning.

But this team in October is what they look like when they’re locked in, and to me it’s an elite team.

As for the bottom of the order, leading up the series in NY I posted that the Mets need to worry about “the others.” This isn’t completely out of the blue, the bottom of the order really turned things around after Melvin ripped into the team when we almost got no hit in Arizona by a dude that had like a 7 ERA in the minors.

Where would you say we are very flawed?

Maybe I’m being a massive homer right now, but I don’t see a single weakness in this team.

With that said, my take all season long on the Padres have been that they’re incredibly frustrating. When they are on and locked in mentally, it’s seriously an elite team. But there were stretches during the year where it felt like a chore watching a team mentally check out in the 3rd inning.

But this team in October is what they look like when they’re locked in, and to me it’s an elite team.

As for the bottom of the order, leading up the series in NY I posted that the Mets need to worry about “the others.” This isn’t completely out of the blue, the bottom of the order really turned things around after Melvin ripped into the team when we almost got no hit in Arizona by a dude that had like a 7 ERA in the minors.
Let's look at your lineup- only person on your team that was close to an AS type season is Manny.
Hitters that played more than 100 games: Outside of Manny
Grisham- .184 17 HR
Profar- .243 15 HR
Kim .251 11 HR
Nola .251 4 HR

Your pitching is good- but the hitting, during the season, very flawed
Tatis- is juiced and not with you
You made a great move to get two great players- Soto and Snell- but they have completely shit the bed...

Where are the flaws??? Come on man...

With that said- it only matters
1) make the playoffs
2) perform in playoffs

Let's look at your lineup- only person on your team that was close to an AS type season is Manny.
Hitters that played more than 100 games: Outside of Manny
Grisham- .184 17 HR
Profar- .243 15 HR
Kim .251 11 HR
Nola .251 4 HR

Your pitching is good- but the hitting, during the season, very flawed
Tatis- is juiced and not with you
You made a great move to get two great players- Soto and Snell- but they have completely shit the bed...

Where are the flaws??? Come on man...

With that said- it only matters
1) make the playoffs
2) perform in playoffs
Yeah I mean I’m not looking at things that happened in July.

We’re talking October here.

The starting pitching 1-4 is the best in the playoffs and I would argue we have the best bullpen. We’re playing 8 inning games with Hader in the pen.

Nola is batting .321
Grish is batting .286

Kim is actually under performing at .188 but he has come up in multiple big moments.

The team also plays excellent defense. If you told me the remaining games of the NLCS will be 1 run games I would bet anything the Padres advance.

Hilarious listening to clips on Boomer & Gio. this morning. Yankees catcher blaming the open roof on the 3 run HR that in his engineering and physics opinion wouldn't have gone out to Boone's clip stating Judge's ball to RF would have gone out if the roof was closed. All the while, they were playing some dreary background music. I guess it's just a hard pill to swallow losing to this team, there always has to be an excuse.

The Yankee starting lineup has under performed since August with most of the players hitting below ,250.The only reason they won the American League East Division was Judge hitting so many home runs.In the playoffs the pitching is far better and Judge and Stanton aren't hitting home runs.

Who the F SACRIFICE bunts with one out ?????

how the hell do you not use Hader ?????

must of had a bad COOL WHIP+ when its raining on the road. Maybe his hard hit rate and his war+(x=-c+/- ¥) wasn’t good with the lights on.

Who the F SACRIFICE bunts with one out ?????

how the hell do you not use Hader ?????

must of had a bad COOL WHIP+ when its raining on the road. Maybe his hard hit rate and his war+(x=-c+/- ¥) wasn’t good with the lights on.
I doubt it was a sacrifice. Gresham was probably bunting on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT