ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NHL Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
waaah waaah waaaah. If anything betman wants rangers to win this.

it was a clear interference
Agree with this.
if it wasn’t clear…why was it overturned? Cause to overturn something has to be clear.

I guess cause Bettman is a Crosby fan…lol.

League surely has to be neutral..but League is 50000% rooting for a Ranger trip to finals
But also agree with this too.

Bettman is a “stars” fan (Crosby, McDavid, Matthews, Oveckin, etc.) as the Commissioner but as a businessman he also realizes it’s good for the NHL for the Rangers to be really good, like Cup contender good.

Amazing stuff.
I’ve NEVER EVER, seen a team play physical tough playoff hockey and go almost 6 periods with no penalties.
Pens are really disciplined 🤣

Reactions: miker183
Agree with this.

But also agree with this too.

Bettman is a “stars” fan (Crosby, McDavid, Matthews, Oveckin, etc.) as the Commissioner but as a businessman he also realizes it’s good for the NHL for the Rangers to be really good, like Cup contender good.

it’s just silly people think Bettman had anything to do with the outcome on Tuesday. He was in western Canada likely not even watching.

Reactions: robcac26
Amazing stuff.
I’ve NEVER EVER, seen a team play physical tough playoff hockey and go almost 6 periods with no penalties.
Pens are really disciplined 🤣
Crazy, isn’t it? But Nemeth’s cross check was too much?

Reactions: zappaa
F’n joke
If it was just the refs missing calls because of incompetence the misses would be both ways. Nemeth gets a penalty for a weak push with the stick and Mika gets hit in the face while he is on the puck and no call.

There is too much of a pattern here.

The Rangers are the better team, but it's going to be a tough series if the refs actively try to win games for the Pens.

Great 3rd period from the Rangers tonight. Pittsburgh came out with an insane push, Igor stood on his head, we withstood the surge, and then scored 2 quick goals to go up 5-2. Excellent game, good bounce back!

Was at Rangers game tonight again ! I have tickets for all home games this series.
Big difference from game 1.
Crowd was raucous and into it.
And Rangers learned not to put shoe off gas pedal.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Great 3rd period from the Rangers tonight. Pittsburgh came out with an insane push, Igor stood on his head, we withstood the surge, and then scored 2 quick goals to go up 5-2. Excellent game, good bounce back!

You have to be able to weather those pushes to be successful in the playoffs.

Rangers stayed focused in the 3rd. The other night in the OT, you could see they were chasing the game. Certainly could have been fatigue, but you still need to be mentally sharp BECAUSE mental lapses in those moments often end in the back of the net.

Reactions: ClassOf02
Something interesting to consider when discussing goalie contact.

When Kakko collided with DeSmith, he turned his skates AWAY from the goalkeeper.

Compare to when Carter hit Igor turned his skates INTO the keeper. Two minute penalty, and I don't think it deserved anything more.

My point, and only an opinion, intent means everything.

Something interesting to consider when discussing goalie contact.

When Kakko collided with DeSmith, he turned his skates AWAY from the goalkeeper.

Compare to when Carter hit Igor turned his skates INTO the keeper. Two minute penalty, and I don't think it deserved anything more.

My point, and only an opinion, intent means everything.
Generally agree, but Carter should've been given 2 and 10 in that situation because game was over at that point.

The Penguins backup goalie that left game 1 injured, is out for the playoffs.

This would probably make Domingue the Pens "ride or die."

I'm sure Jarry is mending, but to put him into the playoffs with little practice time would be bold. Sullivan might do it, but if he does, it would be out of desperation.

Generally agree, but Carter should've been given 2 and 10 in that situation because game was over at that point.
The rules dictate when a 10-minute misconduct penalty can be assessed, they can't just hand those out whenever they feel like it. There is no 2+10 for goalie interference.

I haven't watched many games on TNT, but my god their intermissions are unbearable. Very little talk of the actual game, just the guys trying to be funny, stupid little skits, and talking about who is tweeting what, etc. It actually makes me miss NBC Sports.

The Penguins have gotten favorable officiating for years. It's no secret and it's known across the league. Is it a conspiracy? No. Is it officials falling prey to give a (notoriously whiny) star player every benefit of the doubt? Yes.

Thats general statement and not related to terrible goal call.
This is the best explanation in a nutshell. There is no grand plan. But the reality is - Refs are human and, even though they are pros, are subject to influence. And, more importantly, it‘s no secret and known league wide that Crosby is an absolute master at that. I’ve heard it’s like a Wabbit/Duck season thing, lol. As good as Crosby is, and he might be the best combo of heart/skill/brain ever, he is Svengali like in that regard.

On the games - I love how they are spread out on the weekends. Playoff hockey pretty much straight from 1pm to midnight? Nice.

Wearing your Brodeur jersey ? 😉
I’m one of these weird dudes that actually roots for both Rangers and Devils. I grew up a massive Rangers fan in NY and then when we moved to NJ in late 80s - I felt it was my obligation to also root for the Devils as they are repping me and my family

I had my kids grow up Devil fans as they are all NJ Born and Bred as I want them to be proud of where they grew up as I was growing up in Brooklyn.

It’s weird - I admit 😂

Im just at the point in my life now where I want to see a Stanley Cup win / run by Rangers and or Devils / Mets become dominant / Jets become a playoff caliber team / Rutgers BB sustain its NCAA Tourney births etc as I don’t have many years left where I can keep going to games etc. due to age / economics etc.

I get such a high being able to attend playoff games etc as the emotion / importance of the games are riveting!

Last edited:
Reactions: mdh2003
I’m one of these weird dudes that actually roots for both Rangers and Devils. I grew up a massive Rangers fan in NY and then when we moved to NJ in late 80s - I felt it was my obligation to also root for the Devils as they are repping me and my family

I had my kids grow up Devil fans as they are all NJ Born and Bred as I want them to be proud of where they grew up as I was growing up in Brooklyn.

It’s weird - I admit 😂

Im just at the point in my life now where I want to see a Stanley Cup win / run by Rangers and or Devils / Mets become dominant / Jets become a playoff caliber team / Rutgers BB sustain its NCAA Tourney births etc as I don’t have many years left where I can keep going to games etc. due to age / economics etc.

I get such a high being able to attend playoff games etc as the emotion / importance of the games are riveting!
I hear ya.
I could never root for nyr but I understand the rooting for a few teams thing as I do in college hoops

Reactions: BigEastPhil

It’s weird - I admit 😂

I am with you all the way except for the Jets part. LOL

But I do have good friends that are Jets fans who I would love to experience what I had as a Giants fan when they were doing very well.

And my boys started Devils but have switched to the Rangers. 🤷‍♂️

I am with you all the way except for the Jets part. LOL

But I do have good friends that are Jets fans who I would love to experience what I had as a Giants fan when they were doing very well.

And my boys started Devils but have switched to the Rangers. 🤷‍♂️

You've obviously raised some smart sons.

On the games - I love how they are spread out on the weekends. Playoff hockey pretty much straight from 1pm to midnight? Nice.
I hate it, my whole day is shot lol. I'll also be watching the Ireland and Portugal game in the IIHF's Developmental Cup at 1, Rutgers hopefully winning the lacrosse championship game at 8, and UFC after that. I need more TVs.

It’s weird - I admit 😂

I was a huge fan of both teams when I was a kid. I got hooked when I went to a Devils game in 1st grade, but my uncle kept buying me Rangers stuff. When I got to 5th or 6th grade and both teams had just won a Cup, enough people pressured me to pick one so I decided the obvious choice is NJ since that's where I'm from. My uncle made me a Jets fan, glad I didn't let him steer me to the wrong NHL team too haha.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
I hate it, my whole day is shot lol. I'll also be watching the Ireland and Portugal game in the IIHF's Developmental Cup at 1, Rutgers hopefully winning the lacrosse championship game at 8, and UFC after that. I need more TVs.

I was a huge fan of both teams when I was a kid. I got hooked when I went to a Devils game in 1st grade, but my uncle kept buying me Rangers stuff. When I got to 5th or 6th grade and both teams had just won a Cup, enough people pressured me to pick one so I decided the obvious choice is NJ since that's where I'm from. My uncle made me a Jets fan, glad I didn't let him steer me to the wrong NHL team too haha.

No respect for your elders.

Just kidding, but it was there.

• Haha
Reactions: robcac26
Get Georgiev out of this ****ing city. He can take Nemeth with him.

Nemeth is just awful. Disappointed in Schneider tonight too, but no where near the level of Nemeth’s ineptitude. Also, maybe don’t miss the net 4-5 times on quality scoring chances.

Kind of torn here. I love watching the Rangers lose. But I also sort of want them to advance, because otherwise I won't have a team I really hate in the playoffs that I can keep rooting against.

Nemeth is just awful. Disappointed in Schneider tonight too, but no where near the level of Nemeth’s ineptitude. Also, maybe don’t miss the net 4-5 times on quality scoring chances.

I dont mind a kid making these mistakes; he can learn. Nemeth is a vet, and it's been going on all year.

Reactions: ClassOf02
Shocking that Rangers are down 2-1 in series esepecially against a mediocre 3rd string goalie.

I do expect Rangers to somehow pull out a Game 4 victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT