ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NHL Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid line showing up again! That was possibly the best shift played by that line all year long. Chytil coming up huge, off an amazing pass from Miller.

Kid line showing up again! That was possibly the best shift played by that line all year long. Chytil coming up huge, off an amazing pass from Miller.
The pressure never stopped.

I really thought it was a power play I missed. LOL

An “insider” on a Ranger board I frequent posted after Chytil did well in the CAR series that before they made the Copp trade the Rangers had an offer turned down of Chytil, Lundkvist and the first round pick for JT Miller.

I would have hated that trade, and Vancouver is probably starting to regret their decision,

An “insider” on a Ranger board I frequent posted after Chytil did well in the CAR series that before they made the Copp trade the Rangers had an offer turned down of Chytil, Lundkvist and the first round pick for JT Miller.

I would have hated that trade, and Vancouver is probably starting to regret their decision,
If that’s true, man did we luck out. Not only in keeping Chytil and getting his postseason production, but I’m guessing Vancouver’s refusal caused us to move on and make the Copp deal.

Drury’s deadline moves have proven shrewd, so thanks Canucks!

Hate would be an understatement. That would've been ton of assets for 1Y of JT freaking Miller.

What a game 2 between the Rangers and TB! I have a minor rooting interest in the Rangers, because one of my best friends is a Ranger nut and season ticket holder for a long time, who has brought me to some games over the years, including some playoff games, but I'd rather see it go 7 than a sweep, only because I like watching good hockey. This is not a fluke - the Rangers look like the better team, which says a lot. Thought TB might tie it up at the end, after pulling the goalie with 3:49 left (earliest I can ever recall a goalie being pulled) and scoring with about 2 minutes left and then applying incredible pressure at the end, but they couldn't convert. Love playoff hockey.

after pulling the goalie with 3:49 left (earliest I can ever recall a goalie being pulled) and scoring with about 2 minutes left and then applying incredible pressure at the end, but they couldn't convert. Love playoff hockey.
It has become more common to pull the goalie earlier. Patrick Roy started that trend during his short period as an NHL coach, and I love it. Personally, I've always felt as though if nobody scores when the goalie is pulled, it means you probably should have pulled him earlier. Either you score and tie the game, or you give up another goal that seals the loss--so if the game ends with the score still the same, you should have given yourself more time with the extra attacker. In the 2015 NCAA tournament, Miami of Ohio pulled their goalie with 12 minutes left while down 6-2 to Providence. They scored three goals with the extra attacker to get back within a goal, and would have tied it if not for a loose puck bouncing over a forward's stick inside the crease behind the goalie. They ended up giving up an empty-netter with 7 seconds left to lose 7-5. One of the craziest third periods I've ever seen.

What a game 2 between the Rangers and TB! I have a minor rooting interest in the Rangers, because one of my best friends is a Ranger nut and season ticket holder for a long time, who has brought me to some games over the years, including some playoff games, but I'd rather see it go 7 than a sweep, only because I like watching good hockey. This is not a fluke - the Rangers look like the better team, which says a lot. Thought TB might tie it up at the end, after pulling the goalie with 3:49 left (earliest I can ever recall a goalie being pulled) and scoring with about 2 minutes left and then applying incredible pressure at the end, but they couldn't convert. Love playoff hockey.
Tampa finally figured out in the last 5 minutes where the Rangers’ weakness is, which is inexplicable given other teams like CAR have shown how to do it.

Many of the Rangers defensemen, especially the third pair, struggle to get the puck out of the zone under pressure. A strong forecheck risks giving up some odd man rushes with the Rangers speed, but it often leads to pinning them in their zone for extended periods and getting scoring chances.

I would expect a lot more energy on the forecheck from Tampa tomorrow.

It has become more common to pull the goalie earlier. Patrick Roy started that trend during his short period as an NHL coach, and I love it. Personally, I've always felt as though if nobody scores when the goalie is pulled, it means you probably should have pulled him earlier. Either you score and tie the game, or you give up another goal that seals the loss--so if the game ends with the score still the same, you should have given yourself more time with the extra attacker. In the 2015 NCAA tournament, Miami of Ohio pulled their goalie with 12 minutes left while down 6-2 to Providence. They scored three goals with the extra attacker to get back within a goal, and would have tied it if not for a loose puck bouncing over a forward's stick inside the crease behind the goalie. They ended up giving up an empty-netter with 7 seconds left to lose 7-5. One of the craziest third periods I've ever seen.
I like the trend too, but don't recall a pull that early. They clearly weren't going to win even up, so why not pull the goalie early - there is no downside other than losing by 1-2 more goals and there's obviously much more upside. Hadn't heard about the Miami example - that's pretty cool.

Reactions: robcac26
It happens a lot in college hockey. Rand Pecknold at Quinnipiac is known to pull the goalie as early as 8 minutes left. I’ve seen games where they were down a few goals and came back to win. Unfortunately he did it in the NCAA tournament this year against Michigan when QU had them on the ropes. Win some, lose some.

Reactions: robcac26
I like the trend too, but don't recall a pull that early. They clearly weren't going to win even up, so why not pull the goalie early - there is no downside other than losing by 1-2 more goals and there's obviously much more upside. Hadn't heard about the Miami example - that's pretty cool.
Rangers did it against the Pens in first round IIRC. I think game 3

It's obviously very rare but I've seen a few times where a team pulls their goalie mid-game when down a few goals and going on a powerplay to try to make it a 6-on-4 to get back in the game.

Careful to Rangers fans that attend games

This man is a perfect example of someone who should be locked up in an asylum with no attempt to rehabilitate or treat.
This man should have never been allowed to walk amongst the people and obviously should never be anywhere but confined the rest of his life.
If you don’t like the word asylum call them hospitals for the criminally and violent insane.

Last edited:
While Tampa has looked lethargic, I expect them to win the next 2 at home. If Shesterkin can steal one of these next 2, they will win in 5 games. If Tampa gets wins in the next 2, I think it goes 7!

I miss NYC, like it was in the days of Rudy and Bloomberg!
The 94 NYR parade was probably the best sporting event I ever experienced. So much fun. Spent a lot of time in the shadow of the towers that entire day. Also checked out Trinity Church for the first time. Attended the NYY parade in 96, which was a blast, but had less time to hang out for that one.

Reactions: TM94goRU
While Tampa has looked lethargic, I expect them to win the next 2 at home. If Shesterkin can steal one of these next 2, they will win in 5 games. If Tampa gets wins in the next 2, I think it goes 7!

Really need to grab 1 of 2 in Tampa. Rangers have got them down, regardless of venue, I don't want them to get up. Tied 2-2, I feel favors experience and the team that didn't already go 7 games twice.

Let's wrap it up before Game 6.

The 94 NYR parade was probably the best sporting event I ever experienced. So much fun. Spent a lot of time in the shadow of the towers that entire day. Also checked out Trinity Church for the first time. Attended the NYY parade in 96, which was a blast, but had less time to hang out for that one.
Great memories I'm sure! I miss those days, NYC is now Newark (even worse) IMO. I refuse to go, as I don't think it is worth it, especially at night!!!

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Really need to grab 1 of 2 in Tampa. Rangers have got them down, regardless of venue, I don't want them to get up. Tied 2-2, I feel favors experience and the team that didn't already go 7 games twice.

Let's wrap it up before Game 6.
For the Rangers to win I think it is imperative, from their perspective, to grab 1 game in Tampa. My hunch, as a Devils fan makes me sick 😆, I think they at least make it to the final!

Enjoy the ride!

While Tampa has looked lethargic, I expect them to win the next 2 at home. If Shesterkin can steal one of these next 2, they will win in 5 games. If Tampa gets wins in the next 2, I think it goes 7I disagree.
I disagree.

This series is going 5 games max.

Rangers have skated circles around TB.
and they are much deeper.

Tampas 3rd best forward can’t play due to injury.

I disagree.

This series is going 5 games max.

Rangers have skated circles around TB.
and they are much deeper.

Tampas 3rd best forward can’t play due to injury.
Never count out a champion, Tampa has a few new guys not on the Cup as well. The crowd will invigorate them IMO.

Now I hate saying this, but I sense this is the Rangers year. If I'm right it will be 2 Cups in 82 years. From my personal perspective I hope this off-season has the same effect on Devils owner's Blitzer and Harris, as the 86 Mets and their success after, had on Steinbrenner and the Yankees. The Mets getting the back page and becoming the top baseball team in NYC, plus GS's later suspension, led to the championships later. The NJD owners need to find the right hockey guy to run the team!

Never count out a champion, Tampa has a few new guys not on the Cup as well. The crowd will invigorate them IMO.

Now I hate saying this, but I sense this is the Rangers year. If I'm right it will be 2 Cups in 82 years. From my personal perspective I hope this off-season has the same effect on Devils owner's Blitzer and Harris, as the 86 Mets and their success after had on Steinbrenner and the Yankees. The Mets getting the back page and becoming the top baseball team in NYC, plus GS's later suspension, led to the championships later. The NJD owners need to find the right hockey guy to run the team!
Look at the Devils social media handle and then look at the Rangers.

The Devils owners are more concerned about Pride Month than hockey.

Look at the Devils social media handle and then look at the Rangers.

The Devils owners are more concerned about Pride Month than hockey.
I don't look at the Devils Social Media for that reason! It is apparent, they own the Devils just for the arena. It is the same reason they 💘 PK, they are concerned with wokism not winning!!!

This is also why this play-off may help us in the long-run!

No shit 🤣

But the people they hire in mgmt do the hiring for social media

Every non-hockey hire by the Devils owner is WOKE

Even some hockey operations hires
Trouba single handedly keeping the Rangers from going up 3-0 with his penalties.

Missed opportunity from the Rangers. Up 2-0 and Tampa looked scared. They came together like the champs they are and stole one. Now it’s a series. Never easy for the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT