ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NHL Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well nice job of damage control for Fitzgerald getting Vitek Vanecek from the Caps, for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. After which we draft Seamus Casey D who is a very good scorer, although small. Now TF needs to find bigger wingers.

I now expect the Devils to trade a few of the young defensemen already in our system. It should be interesting.

Reactions: robcac26
Not a good morning for the Devils, either. You can’t let Husso go to Detroit for a 3rd.
Be honest, Newark got lucky with Lou and Marty, but before them and after them, it has been the textbook definition of Mickey Mouse organization.

Reactions: Section124
Just like the President's 🏆, the post up above means nothing! Unless you win the Cup you are also rans.

Reactions: goru1869
Then how about we compare the last decade? Everything else is arbitrary. Face it. The Rangers are a better team and franchise right now and have been for a while. Just admit it and we all can move on to the weekend!
😜
And where did the last decade get them? How many division, conference, and Stanley Cup titles did they win in that glorious decade you speak of?

Reactions: TM94goRU
Well nice job of damage control for Fitzgerald getting Vitek Vanecek from the Caps, for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. After which we draft Seamus Casey D who is a very good scorer, although small. Now TF needs to find bigger wingers.

I now expect the Devils to trade a few of the young defensemen already in our system. It should be interesting.
They got Vanecek for a 3 and a swap of 2s. Definitely worth the price.

The whole Debrincat debate is interesting though. His value is tied to him signing an extension, he very well could have told the Devils he didn’t want to sign long term and it would be moot what they would offer.

Personally, I would have liked to see them take Wright or Cooley but in the NHL draft, what is done on draft night doesn’t always net out how other sports do. (Nolan Patrick and Kaapo Kakko were expected to be sure things too).

They got Vanecek for a 3 and a swap of 2s. Definitely worth the price.

The whole Debrincat debate is interesting though. His value is tied to him signing an extension, he very well could have told the Devils he didn’t want to sign long term and it would be moot what they would offer.

Personally, I would have liked to see them take Wright or Cooley but in the NHL draft, what is done on draft night doesn’t always net out how other sports do. (Nolan Patrick and Kaapo Kakko were expected to be sure things too).
Most Definitely. I especially say that after the Devils take another defenseman, Danil Orlov. I like all the picks, I just wish we had traded down or taken the best player available in the 1st round.

It should be interesting. I think the Devils will trade Nikita O. now, possibly others. He signed his ticket out of town when he beat up Fitzgerald's son in a game, 😆.

Yes the Devils picked a RW 6ft.3in. with their last pick. Another defenseman and I would have wanted the whole organization tested for OCD, 😆.

If I am a D-man in the NJD organization not yet with the Devils, unless my last name is Hughes, I am not feeling well right now.

After draft prediction. I think one of the NJD to be traded this off-season will be Damon Severson. For pure off-ice reasons, I think this regime brings back PK Subban, thus screwing younger defensemen like Kevin Bahl.

After draft prediction. I think one of the NJD to be traded this off-season will be Damon Severson. For pure off-ice reasons, I think this regime brings back PK Subban, thus screwing younger defensemen like Kevin Bahl.

If they re-sign Subban, I think your problems run deep.

The Devils are young, if someone is going to make dumb mistakes, it should be (as a learning curve) a young guy. Not the guy too slow to get to the right spots.

As a person, Subban has a huge heart, but his hockey days should be numbered.

If they re-sign Subban, I think your problems run deep.

The Devils are young, if someone is going to make dumb mistakes, it should be (as a learning curve) a young guy. Not the guy too slow to get to the right spots.

As a person, Subban has a huge heart, but his hockey days should be numbered.
Well said! If PK is resigned, it will only be for virtual signaling purposes. I would like to see him retire.

Reactions: goru1869
Not being an a-hole just calling it like I see it, in the moment! Sorry, not sorry you will never get a PC post from me. It is all true, like it or not. Canada would not still be a sovereign country if they did not have prime real estate above and attached to the 🇺🇸.
If you don't know what you're talking about, do some research before throwing out disgusting names. It might just make you realize you are wrong. Imagine that!

Tony DeAngelo traded to the Flyers. Well that oughta liven up the “room”… along with Torts….

Thankfully, Fitzgerald already told him they aren't planning to re-sign him.

Already penciled in on the first power play unit…
Apparently Torts likes his excitability… If Ryan Ellis can get to 100%, the D becomes fairly offensive (Ristolainen provides physicality if needed). Playing in your own zone most of the time is no fun and not a good idea.
Yandle was a horror show at 5 v. 5. and is now retired.
If Couturier is 100% and Hayes plays like he did a couple of years ago (2020) in the playoffs, they should fight for a playoff spot.

Last edited:
Ranger Fanatics.
Odds on Brennan Othmann sticking, given Vitrano, Kopp and Strome are probably out the door?
I’m guessing Motte and Kakko resign.

Ranger Fanatics.
Odds on Brennan Othmann sticking, given Vitrano, Kopp and Strome are probably out the door?
I’m guessing Motte and Kakko resign.

My preference would be he play in the AHL for a full year playing all situations and top minutes.
None of the, "you get to play with McKegg" nonsense. For once, let's properly develop the kid then set him loose.

Cullye plays a different type of game, possible he sticks?

My preference would be he play in the AHL for a full year playing all situations and top minutes.
None of the, "you get to play with McKegg" nonsense. For once, let's properly develop the kid then set him loose.

To the McKegg inference.
My coaching and GM edict would be if Brennan doesn’t make the team as a top 6 player….he goes to the AHL

Reactions: miker183
To the McKegg inference.
My coaching and GM edict would be if Brennan doesn’t make the team as a top 6 player….he goes to the AHL

Tricky part is, he is also a left wing behind Kreider, Panarin and Laf. Now, they might be able to slide someone to the right, but as far as natural positions, that's the logjam.

Oh, to have that issue if they were all centers. LMAO.

Tricky part is, he is also a left wing behind Kreider, Panarin and Laf. Now, they might be able to slide someone to the right, but as far as natural positions, that's the logjam.

NY Post Brooks truly thinks Drury is gonna make a run for Kane

Last edited:

Pretty sure OTHMANN is either NHL or CHL bound next year. I think CUYLLE is AHL eligible.

NYR have quite the conundrum. Awesome playoffs, but a third of the forwards that helped will be gone. I see a lot more of SAKIC in DRURY than SLATS. I’d be shocked if he gutted the youth for big name rentals. But…this the NYR. They have,
let’s just say…a….reputation, lol. And an institutional inertia. Sometimes, those are hard things to swim against. If anyone can, it’s probably the current ranger GM. Should be interesting to watch.

Looks like decent little the makeover in PHI. TORTS will absolutely right the ship. And be hated by everybody eventually for it, lol. Regardless, him with TDA will be must see Broadstreet TV.

NYI need to make a move. Now. They have some young tokens. They need to spend them. Now. Or it’s never (well not never, but it’s gonna get real ugly, real soon).

NJD are just…moseying along. Nothing to see here…yet. After the isles, I think they make the biggest move of the locals. How they missed out on DEBRINCAT, I’ll never get. But, they have cap room and they have assets. Something has to give. Out of the playoffs 5 straight, 10 of 11, and not winning a PO round in 12 years is approaching, dare I say, a certain rodent from Orlando territory. They need to do SOMETHING…now…way worse than all the other local teams. The have the talent, they have the assets. Is their GM/ownership up for the job? They better figure it out quick. Unless they are tanking for BEDARD. Nah…that’s CHI’s job, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT