NY Giants part ways with GM Dave Gettleman after four losing seasons
Ultimately, Dave Gettleman failed to deliver on many of his vows. The roster still has many of the same holes from the previous regime.
They were trying to do that but they either kept drafting huge guys who couldn't move (Flowers, Hernandez) or they let the good draftees go (Pugh, Richburg). Whenever Giants need cap room they drop OL (Zeitler ). Reese did the same thingHow do I easily copy all of the posts from the "OT: 2021 NY Giants Off Season Thread"?
It's eerily similar:
- We need to address the OL through the draft
- We need a game changing WR1 - do we address through the draft and/or free agency?
- What do we do about the RB position and Barkley?
- Do we pick up the guaranteed 5th year options for our 1st round picks (Jones approx $21m, Lawrence approx $10m)?
- Any chance a change is made at OC?
- Giants have minimal cap space to improve the team
I expect Bradburry to be traded before the draft; not because he's bad but because too much money is in the DB room.Here is the salary cap calculator to mess around with.
Should put a NSFW warning on the link:
Key Cap Hits are:
- Leonard Williams - 27.3m (uncuttable)
- James Bradberry - 22m (save 12m if cut)
- Kenny Golladay - 21.8m (uncuttable)
- Sterling Sheppard - 12m (save 4.5m if cut)
- Adoree' Jackson - 15.5m (uncuttable)
- Blake Martinez - 14.0m (save 8.5m if cut)
- Logan Ryan - 12m (save less than 1m if cut)
- Andrew Thomas - 8.8m (uncuttable)
- Daniel Jones - 8.3 (save less than 1m if cut)
- Saquon Barkley - 7.2m (save 7.2m if traded)
Not only is Joe Judge coming back, the Giants first interview for GM will be his boy. So instead of Brian Flores and Louis Reddick, Giant fans are stuck with Joe Judge and Kevin Abrams.Apparently Judge is coming back.
If he gets to 9 losses before he gets to 8 wins next year, he should be fired; intra-season.
Louis Reddick is unqualified.
We aren't going to get the best GM candidates because of:Apparently this guy from Buffalo is one of the top candidates out there. The reason we have not heard anything definitive from ownership regarding Judge is I think that the new GM will have a say. The problem that creates if the hiring process for a new GM takes a week, then most of the top coaching candidates will be scooped up by then. It's still strange that they did not announce Judge is 100% back next season.
He had to go....Great news.
Giants fire Joe Judge after 2 failed seasons
I like the Mike Brown philosophy. Why employ someone & waste that money when you can pool those duties amongst others in the back office. Bengals are playing Oakland, I mean Las Vegas.. ha haMaybe you don’t need a GM. Bengals & Cowboys are both in the playoffs & neither employ a GM.
Usually I don't feel bad for coaches fired but I do feel a bit sorry for Judge, he was just over his head big time.