ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NY Giants Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I easily copy all of the posts from the "OT: 2021 NY Giants Off Season Thread"?
It's eerily similar:
https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/ot-2021-ny-giants-off-season-thread.208907/
  • We need to address the OL through the draft
  • We need a game changing WR1 - do we address through the draft and/or free agency?
  • What do we do about the RB position and Barkley?
  • Do we pick up the guaranteed 5th year options for our 1st round picks (Jones approx $21m, Lawrence approx $10m)?
  • Any chance a change is made at OC?
  • Giants have minimal cap space to improve the team

Reactions: rutger80
Maybe owners want to hire a new GM to do the other dirty work (fire coach etc)
Judge seems to be in over his head on multiple fronts

Here is the salary cap calculator to mess around with.
Should put a NSFW warning on the link:
https://overthecap.com/calculator/new-york-giants/

Key Cap Hits are:
  • Leonard Williams - 27.3m (uncuttable)
  • James Bradberry - 22m (save 12m if cut)
  • Kenny Golladay - 21.8m (uncuttable)
  • Sterling Sheppard - 12m (save 4.5m if cut)
  • Adoree' Jackson - 15.5m (uncuttable)
  • Blake Martinez - 14.0m (save 8.5m if cut)
  • Logan Ryan - 12m (save less than 1m if cut)
  • Andrew Thomas - 8.8m (uncuttable)
  • Daniel Jones - 8.3 (save less than 1m if cut)
  • Saquon Barkley - 7.2m (save 7.2m if traded)

How do I easily copy all of the posts from the "OT: 2021 NY Giants Off Season Thread"?
It's eerily similar:
https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/ot-2021-ny-giants-off-season-thread.208907/
  • We need to address the OL through the draft
  • We need a game changing WR1 - do we address through the draft and/or free agency?
  • What do we do about the RB position and Barkley?
  • Do we pick up the guaranteed 5th year options for our 1st round picks (Jones approx $21m, Lawrence approx $10m)?
  • Any chance a change is made at OC?
  • Giants have minimal cap space to improve the team
They were trying to do that but they either kept drafting huge guys who couldn't move (Flowers, Hernandez) or they let the good draftees go (Pugh, Richburg). Whenever Giants need cap room they drop OL (Zeitler ). Reese did the same thing

Here is the salary cap calculator to mess around with.
Should put a NSFW warning on the link:
https://overthecap.com/calculator/new-york-giants/

Key Cap Hits are:
  • Leonard Williams - 27.3m (uncuttable)
  • James Bradberry - 22m (save 12m if cut)
  • Kenny Golladay - 21.8m (uncuttable)
  • Sterling Sheppard - 12m (save 4.5m if cut)
  • Adoree' Jackson - 15.5m (uncuttable)
  • Blake Martinez - 14.0m (save 8.5m if cut)
  • Logan Ryan - 12m (save less than 1m if cut)
  • Andrew Thomas - 8.8m (uncuttable)
  • Daniel Jones - 8.3 (save less than 1m if cut)
  • Saquon Barkley - 7.2m (save 7.2m if traded)
I expect Bradburry to be traded before the draft; not because he's bad but because too much money is in the DB room.

Reactions: Scangg
Apparently Judge is coming back.

If he gets to 9 losses before he gets to 8 wins next year, he should be fired; intra-season.

Reactions: tico brown
FIRE!

giphy.gif

Apparently Judge is coming back.

If he gets to 9 losses before he gets to 8 wins next year, he should be fired; intra-season.
Not only is Joe Judge coming back, the Giants first interview for GM will be his boy. So instead of Brian Flores and Louis Reddick, Giant fans are stuck with Joe Judge and Kevin Abrams.

Apparently this guy from Buffalo is one of the top candidates out there. The reason we have not heard anything definitive from ownership regarding Judge is I think that the new GM will have a say. The problem that creates if the hiring process for a new GM takes a week, then most of the top coaching candidates will be scooped up by then. It's still strange that they did not announce Judge is 100% back next season.

Apparently this guy from Buffalo is one of the top candidates out there. The reason we have not heard anything definitive from ownership regarding Judge is I think that the new GM will have a say. The problem that creates if the hiring process for a new GM takes a week, then most of the top coaching candidates will be scooped up by then. It's still strange that they did not announce Judge is 100% back next season.

We aren't going to get the best GM candidates because of:
-Gettleman's cap hell
-Likely a year wait to replace the HC
-Uncertainty at QB

On the plus side:
-five draft picks in the first 100 in the draft
-easy schedule for 2022
-injuries made this roster look worse than it is
-2022 could be a "big bath year" for the GM. Throw away the QB and coaching staff and it will be blamed on the previous regime if Giants suck next yr.

Reactions: Kbee3 and NickRU714
Maybe they can hire Jim Harbaugh as GM. Ryan
Day as HC with Mel Tucker and James Franklin as coordinators.

Typical Mara waffling.
Gettles not fired but retiring
Judge not fired or endorsed
Assert nothing, reject nothing
Just row row row your boat gently up the seam
Merrily merrily life is but a scheme

This is starting to shape up as another $hitshow also. I always thought candidates were beating down the door to be part of The Big Apple.

To answer your question, No.

Ownership is a mess. They are putting the decision on the new GM, but in reality, they are not. They are just looking to put blame on someone else if it goes wrong. If it goes right, they can say, "yeah, we hired the GM."

Obviously part of the interview process for the GM will include the question, "What do you think of Judge as the HC?" The prospective GMs will answer, "I think he will be fine" or "I think he needs to go". Any GM that gives a BS answer of "Well, I really need to evaluate every aspect" is full of it.

Personally, if Judge says he will get rid of 90% of his staff, ok. DC can stay, but Kitchens and the rest of the Offensive staff should have already packed their bags.

Joe Judge says the team is getting better. That's good a enough for Giants ownership apparently despite there being no tangible evidence to support that claim.

After all ... why would he lie? Other than to, you know, keep his job.

Giants will STILL be paying Pat Shumer the money he is owed on his contract next year. Seems clear to me they just don't want to pay 2 coaches for not coaching.

If Judge can fill the offensive coaching staff with guys who have pro experience and find an OL guru this team can make some significant improvement next year. Maybe not a playoff birth but at least the foundation for one.

But I doubt that happens.

Very weird day yesterday. GM resigns. Zero mention about Judge. Nothing at all, no statement of staying or fired. That team has big issues in management.

Gotta get the GM in place first before you start interviewing coaches. Should’ve been interviewing Gettlemans replacement earlier

Maybe you don’t need a GM. Bengals & Cowboys are both in the playoffs & neither employ a GM.
I like the Mike Brown philosophy. Why employ someone & waste that money when you can pool those duties amongst others in the back office. Bengals are playing Oakland, I mean Las Vegas.. ha ha

Usually I don't feel bad for coaches fired but I do feel a bit sorry for Judge, he was just over his head big time.

Usually I don't feel bad for coaches fired but I do feel a bit sorry for Judge, he was just over his head big time.

He lost all credibility with that ridiculous post game rant last week and then the "aggressive" QB sneak playcalling.

Rememeber when he bashed Pederson for tanking the last game of 2020? Said his teams would never disrespect the game and would always be trying to win? Fun times.

Do the Giants and Rutgers employ the same PR department?

What changed since yesterday?
It's literally been 2 days of bashing Mara for retaining Judge.
Just do it yesterday along with DG and save yourself the negative press.

Maybe Mara realized that there would be 30,000 at MetLife on opening day if Judge was still there.

Now go after Brian Flores ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT