ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NY Giants Season & Post Season Game Thread

OG STIGAN!

(who knows this reference from the history of Big Blue)

Jones looks good. The one INT off the TE looked to hit the ground to me. He's been getting good protection which helps, but he has been making great reads and throwing on target.

Hahaha. It's practice against a bunch of players who will be cut soon. Plus no team plays defense in the preseason

Don’t know if there’s already one started already, haven’t saw one yet. If not, I’m shocked but here it is.

First question of this season in this thread. Saw this earlier but what’s the status on Kayvon Thibodaux, whose knee got caught in a very low block and was taken out?

Hahaha. It's practice against a bunch of players who will be cut soon. Plus no team plays defense in the preseason

True. But there are those posting here who would assert he would suck even under these circumstances.

They said knee injury, but he was walking and joking on the sidelines after he left the tent on his way to the lockerroom so I doubt it was catastrophic.

Don't forget 3/5 of his starting offensive line were what would be second teamers at best. They've gone through 6 different centers.

Davis Webb goes down the road

NYG Cuts:

QB Davis Webb
WR Keelan Doss
WR Robert Foster
WR Bailey Gaither
WR Austin Proehl
WR Travis Toivonen
TE Jeremiah Hall
OG Josh Rivas
OL Eric Smith
C Chris Owens
DT Christopher Hinton
DB Andrew Adams
DB Yusuf Corker
DB Olaijah Griffin
DB Gavin Heslop
DB Michael Jacquet
DB Jarrod Wilson
K Ryan Santoso

Maybe they want to keep him on ice until inevitably needed.
He had a good preseason, and Jones and Taylor are both injury prone

While he is still fairly young, heard somewhere that he may eventually be on the coaching track.

Reactions: ashokan
7 Wrs with no FB and only 4 backs? And a little thin on the DL with 12 LBs. And TEs should have included a "pending cuts" disclaimer.

Guessing that there are more moves to come. For instance I don't see Slayton lasting ......also the LB crew includes Edge guys who also play up on the DL and like KT and Ojulari.

Something seems strange about his release. He did take a personal day yesterday. Yes they need cap room but this does not save them much

Seems he was a rough fit for new defensive scheme

'Martinez was expected to start at middle linebacker opposite Tae Crowder. But his role had shrunk in the new defense of coordinator Wink Martindale, with Crowder filling the third-down role this summer. Martinez was a poor fit in the new defense under Martindale.'

Seems he was a rough fit for new defensive scheme

'Martinez was expected to start at middle linebacker opposite Tae Crowder. But his role had shrunk in the new defense of coordinator Wink Martindale, with Crowder filling the third-down role this summer. Martinez was a poor fit in the new defense under Martindale.'

Just odd , he was one of their best players before he got injured

The Giants aren't much better than the Jets. I will still watch and hope for something to happen.

Hard to believe the NY market produces the two hapless NFL football teams they do.
We have three professional football teams here now with rutgers. I hold out hope rutgers can at least be .500.
Not a good start for the giants today. But still hope they can make a game of this

I wish Daniel Jones would go back to his Duke number 17. Just like the Giants old over drafted Duke QB, Dave Brown! The turnovers and untimely poor throws are spot on for Dave Brown 2.O.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Wow that's a gutsy call and as gutsy as it gets. Personally, I think it was fvcking stupid.

Also fire the special teams coach before they board the plane.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Looks like the refs are going to win it for them. They should give the game ball to them in the Tennessee locker room when they win.

I wish Daniel Jones would go back to his Duke number 17. Just like the Giants old over drafted Duke QB, Dave Brown! The turnovers and untimely poor throws are spot on for Dave Brown 2.O.
Absolutely. Dave Brown 2.0. Time to tank and go for a new QB.

Reactions: TM94goRU
ADVERTISEMENT