ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NY Giants Season & Post Season Game Thread

Amazing win by the G-Men. Could Daniel Jones have finally turned the corner? Such a great start to today's sports. NOW LETS GO METS!!!
He still isn’t throwing td’s but the lack of quality at the receiver position certainly plays into that.

But he is making key throws, protecting the ball, and making big plays with his legs.

As per the dearth at receiver there was a play where Sanchez(who I thought did a good job) highlighted 3 te’s were in the game. And they were all split out, none of them are really known for their pass catching ability either. We are yet again decimated at the wr position.

Slayton re-emerging is big though.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
He still isn’t throwing td’s but the lack of quality at the receiver position certainly plays into that.

But he is making key throws, protecting the ball, and making big plays with his legs.

As per the dearth at receiver there was a play where Sanchez(who I thought did a good job) highlighted 3 te’s were in the game. And they were all split out, none of them are really known for their pass catching ability either. We are yet again decimated at the wr position.

Michael Mayer ND TE next spring in Rd 1.

Giant DBs often look a half step slow
With the DL shaping-up as a force, some better pass coverage could make for a scary defense
Dexter Lawrence is really coming-on strong and he's almost alone out there today

Could Daniel Jones have finally turned the corner? Such a great start to today's sports. !
That was the best all around game I saw from him
No TDs but no INTs or fumbles either
He threw some lasers and he was running around with blood all over him

He kinda reminds me of Sims - an overrated 1st pic who was often injured and slow to come around but he's a tough player who will get better.

Giant DBs often look a half step slow
With the DL shaping-up as a force, some better pass coverage could make for a scary defense
Dexter Lawrence is really coming-on strong and he's almost alone out there today
Thibs was good today too on the DL. Add Williams and Ojulare to the mix then it could start to look like something.

Reactions: Postman_1
Thibs was good today too on the DL. Add Williams and Ojulare to the mix then it could start to look like something.

Gettleman will start looking better as time goes on
Many people didn't like the Williams deal
They got down on Saquon too but his problems were just injuries and he was not a bust as a player
If Saquon wasn't picked the Giants would have taken Darnold
It was Schurmer who wanted Jones - Gettleman wanted Herbert but he decided to stay in college.
Saquon is NFL headline star again

100% correct observations.

Reactions: RU-05
Giants new OC and Daboll offensive philosophies are doing a sensational job of getting Jones out into space and give him options.
What a difference coaching makes

Gettleman will start looking better as time goes on
Many people didn't like the Williams deal
They got down on Saquon too but his problems were just injuries and he was not a bust as a player
If Saquon wasn't picked the Giants would have taken Darnold
It was Schurmer who wanted Jones - Gettleman wanted Herbert but he decided to stay in college.
Saquon is NFL headline star again
Thomas and Lawrence are good players as well. But he had high picks to work with year after year so having hit on some of those picks does not make a good gm. Winning games does and we were dreadful during his reign.

But yeah if Jones and Barkley, plus these other guys are good players for the Giants then that puts Gettlemen in a better light.

Announcers saying league talk is Lawrence looking like All-Pro on the inside
I like when players start to resemble emerging team greats

Interior OL having trouble with the Ravens DL. Close game nonetheless.

Should have been delay of game on the Ravens on that TD. Doesn't really matter Baltimore has been moving up and down the field while the Giants have struggled to get anything going. Jones is making some bad decisions today on when to run and when to throw.

Should have been delay of game on the Ravens on that TD. Doesn't really matter Baltimore has been moving up and down the field while the Giants have struggled to get anything going. Jones is making some bad decisions today on when to run and when to throw.

5-5 on last drive by and 70 percent for the day. Obviously sucks.

5-5 on last drive by and 70 percent for the day. Obviously sucks.
Didn't say he sucks and never have. Up to that point he was making some poor decisions on when to take off.

But wow what a 1st interception for the year.

Dive for Barkley for the TD. I think the first time he carried since he dinged the shoulder again.

G Men Sport GIF by New York Giants

Reactions: Postman_1
Good to finally see Thibodeaux show some signs.
I hate to see a #1 rookie with special braces/pads on 2 of 4 limbs

The only issue this causes for the Giants is- WTF do they do now with Barkley and Jones?

Saquon is more special as a RB than Jones is as a QB (and Giants already declined his option year).
Saquon is national star that the NFL headlines games with.
The problem is that both are injury prone
QBs often get longer deals so I would lean Saquon in that sense
Plus there are always teams that would trade for a healthy Saquon just for his NIL juice
But Jones has been coming around and he throws some real darts and makes nice runs.
He's no worse than an early Sims or Hostetler (even Eli was sketchy his first three years)

ADVERTISEMENT