ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NY Giants Season & Post Season Game Thread

Schoen said he wants smart, tuff and dependable players. Toney does not have any of them qualities. I read at end of last year and this year that the guy can’t learn the playbook. Low football IQ maybe
Barkley didn’t one of the dumbest things at the end of that jacksonville game - 3 times in a row ! I don’t buy the IQ

Andy Reid and Mahomes to Toney:
Learn these 2 play.
  1. Run straight down the field
  2. Don't move and look at Mahomes. He'll throw it right to you. Catch and then avoid the guy in front of you

Barkley didn’t one of the dumbest things at the end of that jacksonville game - 3 times in a row ! I don’t buy the IQ

Too many things against Toney with the Giants so probably better for both sides to start again. He seems to have the talent and might be a great fit in KC....but does he also have the committment

- Was not drafted by this Front Office
- Has not been available to play this year for new HC
- Has not practiced in some time
- Giants used a pick to select Robinson for essentially the same role
- Did not report/reported late to mini-camp this year
- Last April Giants revealed a concern about Toney not learning the playbook and poor behavior in meetings

Alot of "thugs" and "he's dumb" comments -thrown around on here. Alot of judgmental people on this board - who wouldn't dare say it to that man's face. Funny

Definitely like the Toney trade but I would still like to see the Giants turn around and be buyers for a WR.

Just a good solid #2 who stays on the field and isn't a headache off it.

Reactions: Purple-Ed
Definitely like the Toney trade but I would still like to see the Giants turn around and be buyers for a WR.

Just a good solid #2 who stays on the field and isn't a headache off it.
The problem with that is, who would be available at this point that would be worth it and what assets do you want to trade when your direction is still a re-build or a build for the future mode? Good problem to have getting off to a 6-1 start, but it presents some questions.

The problem with that is, who would be available at this point that would be worth it and what assets do you want to trade when your direction is still a re-build or a build for the future mode? Good problem to have getting off to a 6-1 start, but it presents some questions.
Well part of targeting a #2 is not paying a premium.

But what we just got for Toney? I would.

Well part of targeting a #2 is not paying a premium.

But what we just got for Toney? I would.
I'm not saying pay a premium for a No. 2, but I think if a team is shedding a #2 who is any good, they are going to want a decent draft asset because they are in re-build mode. Giants likely want to accumulate draft assets. But are you saying flip one of what they just got for Toney for a WR? That is a possibility.

Toney has spooky skills but I would never draft a WR with a ring in his nose cartilage, and the rap name Yung Joka.

Just radiates karma - Yung Draft Busta (he crazee)

Pn1iuub.jpg

I'm not saying pay a premium for a No. 2, but I think if a team is shedding a #2 who is any good, they are going to want a decent draft asset because they are in re-build mode. Giants likely want to accumulate draft assets. But are you saying flip one of what they just got for Toney for a WR? That is a possibility.
I typically feel the draft value going the other way in a trade is pretty underwhelming. A 3rd rounder? Aight, that guy might be good, or he might barely be a player.

But a guy who you have NHL tape on, and he's actually proven he can produce in the NFL? I'd take that from a 3rd rounder every time.

Of course salary cap is a huge factor here, and the fact that Toney is still on a rookie deal, played a big factor as to why we got a 3rd rounder back.

Whoever we bring back in will be closer to free agency, and we should want to sign that player. I look back to Leonard Williams, who was a higher pick, and way more proven on the field then Toney, but he was a Free Agent at year end and as we saw required a big contract.

But I don't want to spend a lot in terms ofc cap space of whoever we acquire. Just give me an OK, dependable, 2nd WR. It will be a big upgrade to what we have, and won't be a big cap concern when he is reupped. I'll give a 3rd for that.

Glad to be done with Toney. Consider David Gettlemen idiocy. He gave OBJ a huge contract and then traded him the next year due to character concerns. Gettlemen then invested a first rounder in DeAndre Baker and a first rounder in K Toney. Both had character issue red flags coming into the draft.

That GM set this org back at least 5 yrs. The current regime is doing a decent job restructuring this roster. Now if they could only wash away Kenny Golloday and his horrible contract.

Glad to be done with Toney. Consider David Gettlemen idiocy. He gave OBJ a huge contract and then traded him the next year due to character concerns. Gettlemen then invested a first rounder in DeAndre Baker and a first rounder in K Toney. Both had character issue red flags coming into the draft.

That GM set this org back at least 5 yrs. The current regime is doing a decent job restructuring this roster. Now if they could only wash away Kenny Golloday and his horrible contract.

Interesting fact about the Giants 2021 Draft / Toney....

Their 2021 trade of the the #11 Pick to the Bears helped the team net 3 Starters (although all currently injured) :

Aaron Robinson (CB)
Evan Neil (RT)
Dan Bellinger (TE)
Also - 3rd Round and 6th Round in 2023

Prior to the 2021 draft I had advocated choosing Parsons. With Parsons playing all-world right now its a tough call on what worked out best - but the Giants have 3 Starting quality players on a 6-1 team with a few more 2023 picks in waiting.

Reactions: daneman100
Oof as usual injuries galore for the Giants. Really hoping that Seattle's WR's miss tomorrows game

That doesn't matter cause we all know Jones sucks.
I don’t think they would have the record they have if he sucked. He’s not great but dosent suck. He certainly hasn’t been hurting them this year.

Sorry, forgot the [/sarcasm].

Obviosuly Jones has been playing well but let’s not get crazy.

Know how many completions he had in the 4th quarter comeback last week?
Zero. Zero passing yards in the 4th quarter.
He’s been carrying the team with his legs not his arm.

What in the fvck was that punt return? Stop go, stop, fumble when no one hits the ball? This Richie James has got to go I believe that's his second fumble this year.

Last edited:
46 yds. of offense in the 1st half. My God what did I do to deserve this?

At this point just fair catch everything on special teams, they'd be better off yardage wise.

Wasn’t Seattles run D ranked near the bottom? Not today it seems. Giants offense is offensive today

Wasn’t Seattles run D ranked near the bottom? Not today it seems. Giants offense is offensive today
Injuries finally taking its toll. Two starting OL and TE out is tough to overcome. Giants have 6 out would have been 7 with Toney before the trade, Seattle one and he's a fullback. Need some of these guys to get healthy.

Reactions: Postman_1
That's 3 whiffs for 88
Hudson is only here because they couldn't afford anyone. He's a career practice squad player.

I think that's the last we will ever see of James returning punts. That's #3 on the season.

I hope for 2 things with the Giants. First I hope James is ok. Second I hope the team leaves him in Seattle! He is the reason the Seahawks will win. Seattle should sign him as a thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT