ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NY Jets Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to continue to improve the OL, desperately need a pass catching tight end who is a threat and they need a legit #1 WR. Wilson showed improvement over the last month, the arm talent is there and he is athletic. He needs to continue to improve on recognizing defenses. A big off season for him and the Jets. They have 4 picks in the top 40 and a lot cap $$$ to spend.

Can't count on Becton...injury prone and too big of a body that is actually a detriment.

NY Jets' opportunity to coach in Senior Bowl provides an advantage in critical offseason

The Jets staff will be coaching the Senior Bowl for the first time since 1979, giving them a chance to get an up-close look at some of the best college prospects in the country for a week before the Feb. 5 exhibition between former college stars in Mobile, Ala. The Detroit Lions’ staff will also be coaching in the game.

I’m hoping they get 4 quality starters and a few difference makers with this draft. This was a big draft for them and on paper they hit it out of the park. The GM Douglas has done a very good job of overhauling a poor roster over the last 2+ years. It will be fun watching this young team over the next few years.

Their 1st round has the potential to be a top 5 1st round draft ever. All 3 players have a chance at mult probowl selections. They also have the possibility of failing completely and any combo in between.
With that said- it really is the first time I can remember where we really have no complaints. Looks and feels like a draft that a "real" team makes.

Reactions: colbert17
With the pickup of Laken Tomlinson and CJ Uzomah, LG, TE are also in good hands. LB is still a question mark. Becton needs to stay on the field. Aside from that the Jets should make significant improvements. Finally some weapons on offense and minus the concern with Becton, the OL should be better too.

On paper the first 9 or 10 games are pretty brutal. The games where you think they have a good shot are all late in the season. However, the season rarely turns out the way it appears on paper going in. The roster is still going to be extremely young and a poor start is certainly possible. I’m looking for solid improvement in play but I think anything beyond 6 or 7 wins maybe another year away. I do like the young talent they have brought in.

Reactions: colbert17
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT