ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NY Jets Season Thread

I am watching the Jets vs Eagles. Wilson does not look good being his 2nd season. The defense can see exactly where he is going to throw before he throws it. We will have to see if his turnover numbers decrease with each pre-season game.

Hopefully Wilson did not injure himself too bad. Do not like non contact injuries to the knee. He did not start out great but I really like the arm talent and athleticism. We will see what happens with the njury.

Hopefully Wilson did not injure himself too bad. Do not like non contact injuries to the knee. He did not start out great but I really like the arm talent and athleticism. We will see what happens with the njury.
I am guessing ACL

I’m hoping that isn’t th case, if it is….what an absolutely star crossed organization. Ive been a Jet fan since 1968 and been through it all. Wilson ..despite the pick tonight, is certainly one of the most physically gifted QBs I’ve seen with this club. Eventually he will get the NFL defenses figured out. To have him miss this season would be devastating .

Reactions: colbert17
I’m hoping that isn’t th case, if it is….what an absolutely star crossed organization. Ive been a Jet fan since 1968 and been through it all. Wilson ..despite the pick tonight, is certainly one of the most physically gifted QBs I’ve seen with this club. Eventually he will get the NFL defenses figured out. To have him miss this season would be devastating .
I’m not even a Jets fan and feel for u guys. I’m a Giants fan and it feels horrible that my team hasn’t been good in years, it’s depressing. I can only imagine what u guys feel. Hopefully it’s just a mild sprain. First Becton now Wilson ugh. Hoping he’s ok

I am guessing ACL
Current word is that Jets think they have dodged a bullet. They think the injury is not ACL but PCL - the same injury he had last year and missed about a month.

We'll all know tomorrow. Or should I say, later today.

Current word is that Jets think they have dodged a bullet. They think the injury is not ACL but PCL - the same injury he had last year and missed about a month.

We'll all know tomorrow. Or should I say, later today.
Crossing fingers !

What a horrible quarter
Kids throws INT right to defender
Follows that up falling down untouched and injuring himself.
He'll be in the Sanchez/Darnold bin soon without a miracle

I sure hope not.
Christain Hackenberg and Browning Nagle belong in the bin listed.
The kid seems like a bad match for NY.
He doesn't seem comfortable
When you're in a place you don't belong its hard to stay centered

I always thought it was a stretch to think a kid who succeeded in a weird Covid year when BYU had a weak schedule, but didn’t look nearly that good when they played their normal schedule (which isn’t exactly tough), was going to be able to handle the NFL.

I completely disagree with that. He handles himself very well with the media, much better than Darnold and Sanchez. He has a much better arm and feet than those two. He has the problem most young QBs have, trying to do too much. Whether or not he becomes a top QB is certainly up in the air. He has the “tools” to do it.

Wilson worst case has been avoided. 2-4 weeks. Could be available for the opener, although I doubt it.

Reactions: Postman_1
Jets played very few starters. Preseason football is misleading. Won’t know what type of team the Jets will be until 3 or 4 regular season games are played.

NY Jets Chris Streveler looked pretty darn good today and all pre season. Denzel Mims got the showcase he wanted today because Streveler was able to deliver him the ball. Not bad for a practice squad bubble guy. Very easy to root for Both these guys. Took Mims a while to get it. Both are doing what it takes to stay in the league.

NY Jets Chris Streveler looked pretty darn good today and all pre season. Denzel Mims got the showcase he wanted today because Streveler was able to deliver him the ball. Not bad for a practice squad bubble guy. Very easy to root for Both these guys. Took Mims a while to get it. Both are doing what it takes to stay in the league.
Mims just doesn't want to stay with the Jets.

Obviously, Streveler is a bubble guy for a reason. At least it is a feel good story. Without too much knowledge of how he looked during practices, who knows whether he can really play in the league or be destined to only be "Mr. August" as the announcers kept calling him. Fun game!

Flacco is a statue, and the Jets have already passed on any chance of winning against Baltimore. With Wilson out, why not start White, who flashed in the few opportunities he had last year? Flacco stunk the previous year, and what makes you think it will be any different this year?

Boring game

Stats are practically the same for both teams but Jets cant even make a FG

The Jets can't win the game, I don't think they should call 6 second plays when the QB has 2.5 seconds back there.

Jets DB made a spectacular catch on the INT
Maybe put him on offense
Jets looking like another team with a DC as head coach

Defense played well in the first half and overall looks significantly better. The problem on offense in this game was up front, the OL got handled. The rookie class is very athletic, they need experience.

Defense played well in the first half and overall looks significantly better. The problem on offense in this game was up front, the OL got handled. The rookie class is very athletic, they need experience.
Flacco is not an NFL-caliber QB these days. I feel he prevents any chance of the Jets being competitive in a game while Wilson is out.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
ADVERTISEMENT