ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 Philadelphia Eagles Season & Post Season Game Thread

That game was like a roller coaster. Lions ram it down our throats on the first drive, then Eagles dominate for much of the game, and then we hang on as the defense gets porous at the end.

No pass rush. Knew this could be an issue heading into the season, but it’s a big issue right now.

Reactions: miketd1
That game was like a roller coaster. Lions ram it down our throats on the first drive, then Eagles dominate for much of the game, and then we hang on as the defense gets porous at the end.
Defense was porous throughout the second half. It’s a big concern. Lions have definitely improved and play with toughness. They will be fun to watch. Glad they didn’t get us today.

Defense was porous throughout the second half. It’s a big concern. Lions have definitely improved and play with toughness. They will be fun to watch. Glad they didn’t get us today.
I'm not overly concerned about the defense. I just think the Lions are going to be better tha npeople think. They do not quit.

I'm not overly concerned about the defense. I just think the Lions are going to be better tha npeople think. They do not quit.
I dunno. They were making our guy uncomfortable and we weren’t returning the favor. The Lions adjusted to our aggressive scheme against the run and we never figured it out. But that said, always great to get a win in the books.

I dunno. They were making our guy uncomfortable and we weren’t returning the favor. The Lions adjusted to our aggressive scheme against the run and we never figured it out. But that said, always great to get a win in the books.
Gotta disagree. After the first drive, we shut down their run for a long while. We went to 5 DL and they couldn't move the ball at all.

F the Eagles.
Super Bowl Pride GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Great win last night against a quality opponent, still things to clean up, but that's fine after two games. Cousins is a strange player. Looks all world one game, then throws three picks in key spots. He must drive Vikings fans nuts.

Great win last night against a quality opponent, still things to clean up, but that's fine after two games. Cousins is a strange player. Looks all world one game, then throws three picks in key spots. He must drive Vikings fans nuts.
His record on MNF is unbelievably bad. Maybe 2-10?

His record on MNF is unbelievably bad. Maybe 2-10?

Some of the Eagles beat writers I follow on Twitter have been talking about this as a litmus test because Cousins beats bad teams and loses to good ones. Think his MNF/night game record is a reflection of that because it is usually 2 good teams playing those.

See this note from Kempski's article:

6) The Measuring Stick Award 📏: Kirk Cousins

Cousins has a career record of 10-43 against teams that have finished the season with a winning record. He beats bad teams, and loses to good ones.

The game last night was weird to me. The Eagles utterly dominated the game and it seemed like it was 63-0, but only scored 24 points. The Vikings had 3 or 4 red zone trips that yielded 0 points. It was a much closer game than it seemed.

The Eagles May have taken a foot off the gas near the end of the game, but Minnesota had their chances for sure.

If Hurts is good to run the full offense with designed runs, etc, the Eagles win easily. If he's held back by the shoulder, I'm worried.
Lane Johnson's health is a big concern as well, huge difference in the team with him and without him. However, by all accounts he will be good to go this weekend. Hopefully he doesn't aggravate anything.

I think with both Johnson and Hurts it’s about how far along their recovery is and how effective they can be- what can they tolerate and how long can they tolerate it.

What may be more important is the defense preventing long, sustained drives. Minnesota couldn’t do that and they paid for it. It’s not like they couldn’t move the ball and score, they just couldn’t possess it enough.

Flipping around the morning sports shows and they are all in on the Giants. It's crazy how little respect the Eagles are getting.

Flipping around the morning sports shows and they are all in on the Giants. It's crazy how little respect the Eagles are getting.
Yes, it has been annoying. That and the New York media going with the whole "Eagles fans are so mean..." whine all week. There have been a few good stories actually looking at match-ups in the game. Good AP story yesterday about the Kelce-Dexter Lawrence match-up and the respect they have for each other.

Yes, it has been annoying. That and the New York media going with the whole "Eagles fans are so mean..." whine all week. There have been a few good stories actually looking at match-ups in the game. Good AP story yesterday about the Kelce-Dexter Lawrence match-up and the respect they have for each other.

The lack of quality analysis is very frustrating. I tried to watch Good Morning Football on NFL network but that show is terrible. McCourty is good, but those other two clowns offer nothing and are unfunny losers.

The funny thing is after spending the whole show talking about the Giants when push comes to shove they all pick the Eagles to win.

The lack of quality analysis is very frustrating. I tried to watch Good Morning Football on NFL network but that show is terrible. McCourty is good, but those other two clowns offer nothing and are unfunny losers.

The funny thing is after spending the whole show talking about the Giants when push comes to shove they all pick the Eagles to win.
Honestly, it really comes down to how healthy Johnson and Hurts are. No one really knows. Anyway, here's the article I was talking about: Lawrence vs. Kelce

Reactions: mikebal9 and RUDead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT