ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 Transfer Portal Activity

We have craters, not holes. Like almost an entire offense minus RB and QB. 😉
Yes.. WR is the most glaring…. Our experience in returning WRs is 18 total catches in their CFB careers. Yikes!
Need OL who are ready to start in the B1G.. like we got this past season with JD DiRenzo who is now gone.

Yes.. WR is the most glaring…. Our experience in returning WRs is 18 total catches in their CFB careers. Yikes!
Need OL who are ready to start in the B1G.. like we got this past season with JD DiRenzo who is now gone.
OL first- would like to think that Kirk C and whomever we hire will do a better job at identifying and developing talent. It can't get worse, can it?

WR-
Long has 15 receptions in 2022. He is the stud of the group right now, and he showed good hands.
Isaiah Washington- 2019 and 2021 were his best years. Hope he regains form.
Dremel- another one who has shown small flashes of promise.

Will be interesting to see how much Kirk C uses RBs as receivers. Monangai and Salaam have 15 receptions.

Kirk C's #1 in receptions was his TE in 2022, but in other years, not many TE receptions. At Penn State in 2020, TE's had quite a few receptions, but one of those was Freiermuth.

Hoping Konopka is back 100%, but more TE depth is sorely needed.

Jean-Baptise was out of Bergen Catholic. His brother got AA recognition playing lacrosse for Duke. Wonder what ND offered to keep him away from Durham.

I remembered this and wondered if it might come up now that Howard is in the portal. Leave it to Kiffin to retweet it lol.

Reactions: Jimpeg
Shows how far behind our Program is in upgrading our team.
We are not even in the Top 70 in Transfer Portal Rankings. Meanwhile our B1G East Competitors: Indiana and Maryland are in the Top 10 Nationally. Just WTF

Did I misread that. I saw 36 before the Iton transfer.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Didn’t we kill it in the transfer portal but didn’t translate on the field

Did I misread that. I saw 36 before the Iton transfer.
My bad we are #37… much better than I thought.
Like Knight Shift said if we can land a TE { who should be instrumental in Kirk’s Offense and and not sure on Johnny L. status} an bonafide OL , and a couple of WR transfers will be real good. Long is our only returning WR who has shown any talent. If WR Washington can re-emerge { and start to get separation in his routes} that would help. Need WR’s!!!

My bad we are #37… much better than I thought.
Like Knight Shift said if we can land a TE { who should be instrumental in Kirk’s Offense and and not sure on Johnny L. status} an bonafide OL , and a couple of WR transfers will be real good. Long is our only returning WR who has shown any talent. If WR Washington can re-emerge { and start to get separation in his routes} that would help. Need WR’s!!!

Iton will move it up a spot or two. Add Igbinosun and it would go up a few more. Those two and the injured LBs returning and that could be one nasty defense. But you are right, there is a crying need for WRs.

Iton will move it up a spot or two. Add Igbinosun and it would go up a few more. Those two and the injured LBs returning and that could be one nasty defense. But you are right, there is a crying need for WRs.
Sobering.

Top WRs: Ryan, Cruickshank, Langan, Jones:

h320XlC.png

Too cold in Nebraska for Decoldest?
What happened to the NIL deal with the HVAC company?
Don’t know but that’s what I’ve said, not every move is NIL motivated. You get the whole gamut. Maybe he got a little money for a year and now decided another place might provide more playing opportunity.

Don’t know but that’s what I’ve said, not every move is NIL motivated. You get the whole gamut. Maybe he got a little money for a year and now decided another place might provide more playing opportunity.

He was a Mickey Joseph guy. He was the first commit to NU when Mickey was hired. He entered portal as soon as Mickey was out.
His NIL deal ended the minute he entered the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT