ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023 NY Giants Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Parcells visits Giants

bvGiu60.jpg

Reactions: Postman_1
No deal for Barkley, he will play on the tag assuming he plays. I remember Schoen saying during one of his earlier interviews that you have a no budge number and u stick to it. Credit him. Love Barkley as a player and he seems like a good person but business wise this seems like a smart decision from the Giants.

No deal for Barkley, he will play on the tag assuming he plays. I remember Schoen saying during one of his earlier interviews that you have a no budge number and u stick to it. Credit him. Love Barkley as a player and he seems like a good person but business wise this seems like a smart decision from the Giants.

Read a report that he was looking for $16m per season guaranteed for 2 years. RBs have been devalued and most decline after 28...... just cant pay out that much cap space to a RB

Reactions: Postman_1
Lots of proven RBs on the market (Zeke, Fournette, Josh Jacobs and others) who cant get what they want. Guys like Pacheco underline the relative ease of replacement.

No win situation for Barkley or Jacobs. Sit out and you likely destroy your career like L Bell.

I’m surprised that the Giants couldn’t get a 2 yr deal done with him. In essence Saquan is looking down the barrel of getting tagged next year too; essentially making his pay 2 yrs-22M.

Sadly, Saquan will likely not be with the Giants next year.

last year Saquon's return got the Giants rolling out of the gate.
He's always a threat to break for a long gain and maybe a TD.
Unfortunately he does have an injury history and the larger framed, big muscled guys are more of a dice roll.
There are virak vids of him squatting 600lb
Getting there = wear and tear but he also brings more force to contact.
I'm not a believer in heavy max weights.
A Subaru Impreza shows 140mph on speedometer.
Do 140mph drives 2 times a week and you'll need a mech soon
I think over-training is a reason so many guys get injured these days

last year Saquon's return got the Giants rolling out of the gate.
He's always a threat to break for a long gain and maybe a TD.
Unfortunately he does have an injury history and the larger framed, big muscled guys are more of a dice roll.
There are virak vids of him squatting 600lb
Getting there = wear and tear but he also brings more force to contact.
I'm not a believer in heavy max weights.
A Subaru Impreza shows 140mph on speedometer.
Do 140mph drives 2 times a week and you'll need a mech soon
I think over-training is a reason so many guys get injured these days

Slightly OT but I've been thinking about it on the basketball board.
I would assume it's the same for all elite recruits but exactly how many basketball games are Harper and Ace playing this year? How many miles are they traveling across the country (or world)?
It seems like every weekend is another tournament.
At some point, players will start to break down (this has always been a Zion hypothesis. Perhaps his breakdown is because of so many games prior to college/NBA).

Considering HC Pike will likely only coach them for approx. 40 games - how many will he seem them as a spectator? Hundreds?

I’m surprised that the Giants couldn’t get a 2 yr deal done with him. In essence Saquan is looking down the barrel of getting tagged next year too; essentially making his pay 2 yrs-22M.

Sadly, Saquan will likely not be with the Giants next year.
Saquon over played his hand bad. He's getting bad advice from someone. It sucks the position has been de-valued so much but at this point the Giants hands are tied. He should have took the mid-season offer which was even more than the off that was on the table yesterday.

Reactions: Morrischiano
Slightly OT but I've been thinking about it on the basketball board.
I would assume it's the same for all elite recruits but exactly how many basketball games are Harper and Ace playing this year? How many miles are they traveling across the country (or world)?
It seems like every weekend is another tournament.
At some point, players will start to break down (this has always been a Zion hypothesis. Perhaps his breakdown is because of so many games prior to college/NBA).

Considering HC Pike will likely only coach them for approx. 40 games - how many will he seem them as a spectator? Hundreds?

Not sure how many 19-20 year olds break with almost chronic foot and knee problems. Perhaps Zion's breakdown is more due to his weight and also lack of weight control. He plays at an extremely physical level and the human body is likely not built to combine that bulk with that amount of jumping and pounding on the back and lower body.

Reactions: NickRU714
"With training camp just around the bend, the New York Giants will hold workouts at the Quest Diagnostics Giants Training Center on Monday.

Among those in attendance will be running back Mark Thompson, who earned 2023 USFL Offensive Player of the Year honors this past spring as a member of the Houston Gamblers. He shared word of his visit on Twitter."

Can a contract be laden with performace incentives?
Can a 12m contact become worth 15m with the rights stats?
I undertstand the guaranteed money is the heart of these deals (so I read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT