ADVERTISEMENT

OT: A Hurley to UConn roster

Am I missing something here? What's the big deal? Kid is a walk on that will see 15 minutes all year.

Reactions: Plum Street
You’d think if an athlete is a reserve at the high school level, he wouldn’t be a good prospect for a Div-1 roster. Even if the kid’s Dad is the head coach.

Am I missing something here? What's the big deal? Kid is a walk on that will see 15 minutes all year.

This was my thought as well. I can't imagine that he would take away a scholarship from a better player. His father isn't that stupid, LOL. I don't know if the NCAA has a regulation preventing a coach's son or daughter from qualifying for tuition remission, a benefit that is granted to most employee's kids. But even if that is prohibited, it's not as though Hurley can't afford to pay the instate tuition.

A perk for Danny as UConn's HC and his son probably will help UConn as a pratice player and not on the floor.

Side note (Hurley related). I just finished reading “The Miracle of St. Anthony” A Season with Coach Bob Hurley and Basketball’s Most Improbable Dynasty by A Wojnarowski. It’s a good read with a lot of Jersey Hoops and Rutgers references. It doesn’t paint a very flattering picture of Danny.

Side note (Hurley related). I just finished reading “The Miracle of St. Anthony” A Season with Coach Bob Hurley and Basketball’s Most Improbable Dynasty by A Wojnarowski. It’s a good read with a lot of Jersey Hoops and Rutgers references. It doesn’t paint a very flattering picture of Danny.

Can you summarize how it depicts Danny?

Can you summarize how it depicts Danny?

Sounds like he was in a tough spot but the book shows him struggling in the shadows of Bob and Bobby, not as hard working, a bit of playing the victim... woe is me. Not happy being at RU as well.

Reactions: Scarlet83
ADVERTISEMENT