ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Albums On Which Every Song Is Good

O.K. You asked....so
Sleep token just put me to sleep........I don't know what if anything was going on there.
Band Maid was just annoying. I'm a big lyrics person and I didn't appreciate the subtitles thing. And besides...the lyrics made no sense. As for the music, there are loads of skilled musicians whose product does nothing for me and I hope to never hear again. This was in that category. I'm more interested in the way the notes a guitarist plays makes me feel than how many she can play per second.
Sorry. But thanks for asking.
sleep token - that's kind of their thing - the story of the band is one that worships this deity called Sleep.

band maid - got it. although, jimmy page likes them quite a bit...complimented the drummer as reminding him of bonham. the lyrics aspect isn't ever really going to translate well from language to language.

I forgot about this one. The Last Chance Texaco is an awesome classic.
Right up there with Janis Joplin's Ball and Chain and Sinead O'Connor's Troy.
Rickie Lee hs memoir just out, Last Chance Texaco. Picked it up but haven't started reading yet.

The Cars - The Cars is one of the best as is Stained Class. British Steel by Priest belongs there too.
Speaking of The Cars.. I sometimes look up actors I see on old shows to see what became of them... there is an episode of Leave it to Beaver where Wally falls for the daughter of a cleaning lady who fills in for her for a few days.. I checked out the actress.. she was born in Maplewood as Candace Lee Klaasen. She became Candy Moore (child actor), married a top character actor, Paul Gleason (the hard-ass detention teacher in Breakfast club and the foolish police LT in Die Hard) also born in NJ.. Jersey City.. but Cars-related.. she was the model for the Vargas cover for Candy-O for The Cars. Oh baby...
de654fc1fc2fbc0a16348ee05ab35f79.jpg

Reactions: RUDead
My list of Albums that I think every song on the album is good not to be confused with my favorite albums list.

Boston - Boston
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres
AC/DC - Back in Black
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick (LOL album is one song)
Yes - Close to the Edge
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Grateful Dead - American Beauty <---from someone who is not a DeadHead
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny

My list of Albums that I think every song on the album is good not to be confused with my favorite albums list.

Boston - Boston
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres
AC/DC - Back in Black
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick (LOL album is one song)
Yes - Close to the Edge
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Grateful Dead - American Beauty <---from someone who is not a DeadHead
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
Tull, Floyd, and the Dead...yes.
The others I'm not a fan of.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Just listened to James Taylor's "Greatest Hits" album, and every song on it is either really good or great. So there's another one for the list.

Beethoven: Symphony # 9., Ode To Freedom - Bernstein In Berlin..

Christmas Day 1989, Berlin, celebrating the taking down of The Berlin Wall.

Reactions: Purple-Ed
A few others i’ve thought of: ”The Captain and Me” by The Doobie Brothers, one of the first rock albums I bought as a young teen back in 1973. It still sounds good today. “Sundown” by folk singer Gordon.Lightfoot, his best album. “Shake Your Money Maker” by The Black Crowes , my favorite band from the 1990s.

ADVERTISEMENT