ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Annual Razor Thread

I used to use Mach 3 and Fusion.

I switched to Harry's and it is much cheaper and the shave quality is the same.
I tried dollar shave club, but I did not like the Razor Handle (Prefer a stiffer handle).

I have very fine hair so an Electric razor does not work very well.

currently a fusion razor guy...but those things are expensive and they seem not too last. Is there a cheaper alternative? I was looking at the mach 3, which is a bit cheaper. Looking for a durable razor blade that works well and won't cut my face like i'm bleeding scarlet red.
Screw blades. I use a Braun 7505 electric every day that I bought in 2004. Changed the foil & cutter in 2013. Most of those years I shaved while driving to work.
Saved money and time.

Go back and forth between Harry's and Dollar shave club. I use soap and very hot water. Either works well.

Also finally told Gillette to shove it with those blade prices. Tried Harrys and Dollar. Harry's not sharp blades (full disclosure I have a rough beard). Dollar much better. I'm a Dollar guy for 2 years now and happy

Been using gillette fusion and gillette mach5. Don't want to go with the old fashioned straight blade, double sided blade"

Anybody have any experience with harry's razors? I see them at walmart and target.

Or Dollar Shave club? I was looking at the 4blade razor and would refill every 4 months. How hard is it to cancel service or just skip a shipment and avoiding any cost from that shipment?

thanks for advice

Get a Merkur 34c heavy duty. Buy a bunch of safety blades on Amazon. You'll save a small fortune. You won't regret it.

Reactions: scottsdaleal
I have a goatee and do the rest with an Andi's profoil lithium. Barber used it on me a year ago and went out and bought one for home.

I recently acquired one of these Rockwell adjustable, twist to open, double edge razors. It’s very nice. Great shave.

1-min_700x.jpg

https://getrockwell.com/collections/shaving/products/rockwell-model-t

Get a Merkur 34c heavy duty. Buy a bunch of safety blades on Amazon. You'll save a small fortune. You won't regret it.
Is this good for head shaving or am I going to look like I shaved with a machete?

Is this good for head shaving or am I going to look like I shaved with a machete?

You just have to be super careful! You have to learn how to shave without applying any pressure whatsoever. If you can shave a balloon without popping it then you are good to go.

Also finally told Gillette to shove it with those blade prices. Tried Harrys and Dollar. Harry's not sharp blades (full disclosure I have a rough beard). Dollar much better. I'm a Dollar guy for 2 years now and happy
Interesting. I tried Harry's and found the blades sucked and never bothered to try Dollar. Might give them a try now.

Agreed. I started with a Merkur 34c about three years ago, then switched to a Parker (can't remember the model) about a year ago - it's a little more aggressive, which I like. I've been thru about a dozen different blades and finally settled on Derby Extras. At about 10 cents a blade, I can live with shaving taking slightly longer and a blade lasts me a week.

I have a brutal shaving situation. Thick, curly and grows in every direction. Bevel has been a life savor. Did a ton of research on this and safety razor with good prep (hot shower, rub shave cream in) is the way to go. I also like art of shaving products - oil and lotion. They have a lemon based after shave lotion that tightens skin and cuts down on irritation/bumps. I also suggest which hazel/alcohol combo before applying the lotion. Nothing is perfect but this combo got me to the best place. Jesus, I sound like Pat Bateman

Save yourself the expense and get the most comfortable shave you can. Go with an old fashioned straight razor and never look back. I made the change ten years ago and it is one of the best decisions I have made. Waking up to a cold, very sharp piece of steel against your throat every morning gets the eyes wide open and the blood going! Just do it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT