ADVERTISEMENT

OT: another battle lost to ALS

KeithK7624

All Conference
Sep 3, 2006
Dunedin, Florida
I'll admit a year ago I dumped water on my head not realizing what I was doing when accepting the ice bucket challenge. Today, I'm mourning the death of my uncle who battled, and kicked ALS ass for months. When they gave him weeks, he lived for months. I'm truly proud of my uncle David. He was a fighter. I'm not posting this for condolences. I'm posting this for awareness. I consider this board my family. Instead of offering your condolences, please do me a favor and say **** ALS and have a large Dunkin coffee for my uncle tomorrow. That's what he did daily. Again, please don't say Keith I'm sorry for your loss. Just donate a $1 next time you see a campaign for ALS. #****als

For those desiring donations may be made to: ALS Association, Gift Processing, P.O. Box 6051, Albert Lea, MN 56007 in memory of David Lovenberg.

Last night I had dreams all night about my dear friend and tailgate crew member who has ALS. We had lunch the other day and it broke his heart that he couldn't get football tickets this year because of his declining health. He will have on son a senior at RU and another one going to be a freshman. I saw so much happiness with him on game days tailgating with his kids and their friends.

Of course this is the least of his worries but I really think he tried to do everything as normal as possible up until he realized this horrible disease has taken something away and can imagine what else it will do to him and his family.

I dread the game I have to toast to him and say "we miss you".

Sorry for your loss Keith.

Reactions: BuckRU
Last night I had dreams all night about my dear friend and tailgate crew member who has ALS. We had lunch the other day and it broke his heart that he couldn't get football tickets this year because of his declining health. He will have on son a senior at RU and another one going to be a freshman. I saw so much happiness with him on game days tailgating with his kids and their friends.

Of course this is the least of his worries but I really think he tried to do everything as normal as possible up until he realized this horrible disease has taken something away and can imagine what else it will do to him and his family.

Thanks RC... It's been painful... Just seeing a guy who could lift two concrete blocks over his head struggle to breath. 165lbs to 110lbs in months.

Got hired at my present job 26 years ago, and two weeks later
another guy was hired in my department. We worked as partners, for
26 years. A few weeks ago we lost him to ALS, WE watched him for
at least a year suffer. My company fired him about
six months before he died, because he couldn't make it in any
longer, to save having to payout the life insurance, I was shocked,
what's the sense in having the insurance if you get a terminal
disease., and they fire you before you die? I think some might
say this is not the time to talk money, but in this case there
were children and a wife involved. Also what is this thing about
Dunkin donuts?

I'll admit a year ago I dumped water on my head not realizing what I was doing when accepting the ice bucket challenge. Today, I'm mourning the death of my uncle who battled, and kicked ALS ass for months. When they gave him weeks, he lived for months. I'm truly proud of my uncle David. He was a fighter. I'm not posting this for condolences. I'm posting this for awareness. I consider this board my family. Instead of offering your condolences, please do me a favor and say **** ALS and have a large Dunkin coffee for my uncle tomorrow. That's what he did daily. Again, please don't say Keith I'm sorry for your loss. Just donate a $1 next time you see a campaign for ALS. #****als
Will do Dunkin Donuts and a donation tomorrow.

Bagarocks, maybe the condolences were for another poster
not the OP, so who has the comprehension problem?
Maybe it is you, or maybe me?

Last edited:
I'll get an XL Original tomorrow for your Uncle. My Mom died of ALS on Christmas Day 2011. She had the "long" version of the disease. Took her eleven years to pass. Started in her shoulders, then hands, legs, neck, and then she could no longer breath. She never complained once. Don't know how she stayed positive until the end.

May your Uncle find peace. He left the disease with his body. He is now pain free in a better place.

Reactions: Cabana Man
I'm pretty sure ALS is one of those things that we're just slowly starting to understand better today (sorta like autism). Not to say it's any more or less prevalent, but people are a lot more aware of it now than in the past.

The best to your uncle. It sounds like he put up one hell of a fight!

Really sorry for your loss - my condolences to you.

But really I wouldn't post this if I thought it was bs - but there are natural cures for all these conditions and I do realize that 99% of people put 100% faith in doctors who tell you they have no cure for ALS - they have no cure for Cancer.

I wont post cure videos for these conditions but you and me have a powerful tool to investigate all natural cures - go to Youtube and search Natural Cure for - cancer, als, etc

From what ive read you need to alkalize your body and once that happens miracles will happen and its not hard to do especially when confronted with a life threatning illness - even Stage IV Cancer. The cures are out there - you just need to go find them and they can work in concert with whatever the guy telling you he is a doctor and cant help you.

Peace out

Reactions: ruready07
Okay - here are a few but they aren't cures you just want to knock it back 50 years so you don't have to deal with it. So take the chemo poison ore radiation and do natural thing at the same time. Bet you the natural will heal you and the poison will kill you.

Maybe it will help a few people.

In regards to the question about the Dunkin donuts, my uncle went and had two large coffees every morning. About three weeks before he died, he went to the hospital in fear of a heart attack. A heart attack it was. Along the way he stopped for a coffee. Every single day he had a cup for almost 40 years. A heart attack wouldn't stop him from extending the street. I didn't explain it earlier, but now I am. Have A large cup tomorrow and say f ALS.

I'll get an XL Original tomorrow for your Uncle. My Mom died of ALS on Christmas Day 2011. She had the "long" version of the disease. Took her eleven years to pass. Started in her shoulders, then hands, legs, neck, and then she could no longer breath. She never complained once. Don't know how she stayed positive until the end.

May your Uncle find peace. He left the disease with his body. He is now pain free in a better place.

your mother sounds like one tough lady to handle that like she did. I give her and your family a ton of respect

F**k ALS right in the A**!!!!! Cancer too, while I'm at it! Coffee and contribution for you met friend.

Reactions: LC-88
Throat Cancer - Strawberries

Personally - wouldn't take the powder as shown in the video = would eat them raw cause what I read the tubules in the Strawberries flush the cancer out of your throat into the stomach and out the bowls but really who cares - you have throat cancer eat a shit load of Strawberries and you will be fine.

Last edited:
Throat Cancer - Strawberries

Personally - wouldn't take the powder as shown in the video = would eat them raw cause what I read the tubules in the Strawberries flush the cancer out of your throat into the stomach and out the bowls but really who cares - you have throat cancer eat a shit load of Strawberries and you will be fine.

Dude this isn't the tread for this. OP is sad and venting....let it go.

You sound like some Khazars doctor that doesn't want the truth to leak out...whatever if I can help people i will and you can go F yourself - Devil; Demon, Lucifer...

Dude - I am a 100 miles over your head so dont even start to F with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
your mother sounds like one tough lady to handle that like she did. I give her and your family a ton of respect
Thanks. My Step-father took care of her til the end. One of the greatest men I have ever known. One of the reasons ALS is such a bitch. The collateral emotional damage is high. Tough to powerlessly watch the progression, knowing what the end will be.

My Mom has an identical twin. No ALS. The three things that happened to my Mom that did not happen to her twin. Mom had a bad case of spinal meningitis when she was 29 (nerve sheath pierced by epidural needle). Mom had carpel tunnel surgery on both wrists about two years before her ALS started (nerve sheath pierced). She ate a can of chunk white tuna every day of her life for thirty years (mercury). Her sister never ate tuna because of the dolphin deaths. I think any of these could have been factors. Hopefully a cure will be found someday.

Get a large DD every morning. I'll be sure pour one out tomorrow morning for your uncle.

My condolences.

I lost my father to. ALS in 1963, it was horrible as a child to see an active man just waste away Over 3 years time. Reading this post brings back the same question I had in college, why haven't they found a way to cure this yet? I believe this is a form of muscular dystrophy mostly seen in adults.

I am so sorry to hear this . . . . . . I have stared at the screen for five minutes now after typing that and can think of nothing else to say. There are no words for this.

Reactions: RC1978
Condolences. I just lost my step father to ALS back in Dec. Terrible disease. The mind is fine but the body deteriorates. Got to the point where I dreaded going to visit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT