ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Another Heat Wave for Europe with Glacier Melt Accelerating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop, enough Chinese propaganda, the facts are undeniable.

In 2021, China began building 33 gigawatts of coal-based power generation, according to the Helsinki-based Center for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA). That is the most new coal-fired power capacity China has undertaken since 2016 and, says CREA, three times more than the rest of the world combined [citation omitted].
This is always a stunning revelation to a certain segment of our population.

Most don’t deny it. The difference is whether, we, as humans we have any control over it
C'mon, humans certainly can control greenhouse gas emissions, if people think it's important enough to act on. There is a ton of energy wasted on just trying to convince some that there's a problem, when we should be debating what to do about it.

Reactions: thegock and RUBOB72
This isn’t about future generations 4-5 hundred years from now . We all care… some just love to make it appear they are the one’s who care more. It’s an over-hyped viewpoint being used as a political issue. As I said before when the elitists conform then maybe we take it more seriously. It doesn’t matter what we do today, tomorrow or 200 years from now. And why ? If the two largest polluters and abusers on this earth don’t adhere to the same standards ( China -India) then the goal is unreachable. The world as you or I know it is more likely to be extinct from nuclear war or the next Krakatoa . You yourself love to book a vacation “ on the beach “ or did I miss the point. This has been known for years that sea levels rise, glaciers melt and civilizations are dissolved by Mother Nature. Maybe the Greta’s of the world should admonish those real climate abusers on the other side of the world.
It would be much more helpful if you would look things up before posting, as this post is way off. The US far exceeds greenhouse gas emissions, per capita, than China and India.

The U.S. has the 13th highest per capita emissions at 13.68 tons, while China is 28th (8.20), and India is 110th with a mere 1.74 tons per capita.

I also would love to see leaders and the wealthy practice what they preach more, but large reductions in greenhouse gases (or even just stopping their increases) will only come with improving efficiency, conservation and alternative energy sources, as well as societal changes in behaviors (meaning everybody). To effect any of these, we need changes in how corporations and governments work, including providing funding and focus for many of these efforts.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/carbon-footprint-by-country

Also more stunning was all those lies from the 1990s trying to scare people. As per those "models", many major cities in the US and EU including NYC should be underwater by now. Oops!
No reputable scientific sources said any of that and you know it. I'm sure some far left loons might have, but they don't count IMO. Funny how you support pharma science blindly, yet somehow throw your scientific hat to the curb when it comes to climate chnge.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
That is exactly the reason why people question the accuracy from those who study. climate change issues. The scare tactics by some went well overboard 25 years ago. Then we get a poster posturing about how much China has done to alleviate the problem. Those coal plants in China are helping I guess?

No reputable scientific sources said any of that and you know it. I'm sure some far left loons might have, but they don't count IMO. Funny how you support pharma science blindly, yet somehow throw your scientific hat to the curb when it comes to climate chnge.
Pharma saves the world time and time again. Climate "science" is all about getting grant money. No crisis, no money. Also, this "science" has been hijacked by the nutty left, so you can't believe much of anything these days on the subject.

• Haha
Reactions: goru1869 and fsg2
It would be much more helpful if you would look things up before posting, as this post is way off. The US far exceeds greenhouse gas emissions, per capita, than China and India.

The U.S. has the 13th highest per capita emissions at 13.68 tons, while China is 28th (8.20), and India is 110th with a mere 1.74 tons per capita.

I also would love to see leaders and the wealthy practice what they preach more, but large reductions in greenhouse gases (or even just stopping their increases) will only come with improving efficiency, conservation and alternative energy sources, as well as societal changes in behaviors (meaning everybody). To effect any of these, we need changes in how corporations and governments work, including providing funding and focus for many of these efforts.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/carbon-footprint-by-country
We also have more vehicles , planes etc. Also our issue is we have been far more advanced in the prior 100 + years. The fact is when they were still in their infancy we as an industrialized nation were using coal, oil and taking advantage of new and innovative products. Did you use plastics , heat your homes or use the newest gadgets? Bet your your ass you did. I also would wager you and family. and friends gave two craps less prior to the 1980’s. Highly doubt it. Did you drive a car propelled by gasoline? Fly on planes for business and pleasure? Do you heat your home with solar power today ? Do you use plastic garbage bags, stretch wrap leftover foods , using those products are bad for our future and the next 5 generations. Climate change is real but more real for those who want to feel extra special and in tune with the narrative which helps sell a philosophy. Just enjoy your life .,, the next generations will be fine. Do you blame your ancestors for failing to attack on climate change several hundred years ago? No you loved everything we accomplished and did. So did all the others who now cry the loudest.The entire thread from it’s start should have been on the CE board.

Last edited:
How long until the US faces famine due to crop failure? 15 years? 25?
If the government restricts farmers use of nitrogen(fertilizer) which our air consists of 78% already in the name of climate change, it'll be a lot sooner than that. Don't think it can happen here? It's already happening in the Netherlands as Dutch and German farmers are protesting. In Sri Lankan, they implemented the practice and it has caused a country wide food shortage.

Reactions: goru1869
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT