ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Another terrorist attack- 80 + dead in Nice, France

Part of it has. Scary times in Europe right now.

It's hard to fathom what would cause someone to do this to innocent people. My prayers go out to the French people.

Terrorists are watering down their own terror. This isn't even shocking any more. Back to work tomorrow as usual for the civilized world while they're busy making love to goats and exploding themselves. You don't scare anyone. I have yet to cancel travel plans or hide in my house in fear over these nuts and never will. Their days are numbered.

So if Donald Trump were president, he would have prevented this incident from occurring in France, because... he would have tortured somebody?
If you really want to read some moronic gems check out this topic on the current events board. Trump, Clinton, Bush, Obama nobody could have prevented this. Another sad day in France.

While this is cold comfort to those in Nice, the fact is that ISIS is losing. Killing people is not their objective, it is a means to a larger dream, which is the restoration of the caliphate. However, they continue to lose territory in both Iraq and Syria, and their dream is getting dimmer by the day. Murder of infidels is pretty much all they have left.

As I mentioned, cold comfort.

While this is cold comfort to those in Nice, the fact is that ISIS is losing. Killing people is not their objective, it is a means to a larger dream, which is the restoration of the caliphate. However, they continue to lose territory in both Iraq and Syria, and their dream is getting dimmer by the day. Murder of infidels is pretty much all they have left.

Exactly. They have lost the support of the moderate Muslims of the Middle East. Without funding and bodies, their cause will wither.

Yeah I read earlier that they're becoming more desperate in these attacks the weaker they get. Expect more in their dying days.

One of the biggest reasons why France is very vulnerable to home grown terrors like this is their long failure to assimilate their large number of North African immigrant population both socially and economically, their heavy handed policies and racial profiling towards Muslims in recent years in response to terror has actually driven more of their own citizens towards extreme ideologies and into the arms of groups like ISIS. This is a good real time lesson for us, we have done a much better job of assimilating our Muslim population and treated them with fairness (relatively) despite Islamic terrorism, that needs to continue because we need them on our side to effectively prevent and combat terrorism.

One of the biggest reasons why France is very vulnerable to home grown terrors like this is their long failure to assimilate their large number of North African immigrant population both socially and economically, their heavy handed policies and racial profiling towards Muslims in recent years in response to terror has actually driven more of their own citizens towards extreme ideologies and into the arms of groups like ISIS. This is a good real time lesson for us, we have done a much better job of assimilating our Muslim population and treated them with fairness (relatively) despite Islamic terrorism, that needs to continue because we need them on our side to effectively prevent and combat Islamic terrorism.
Good point. I live about an hour from the largest population of Muslims in the country (Dearborn, MI) and this is not an issue anyone worries about or that has happened in this area.

Just learned a friend of a friend and his 11 year old son were murdered there on vacation. I did not know them but still so, so sad.

One of the biggest reasons why France is very vulnerable to home grown terrors like this is their long failure to assimilate their large number of North African immigrant population both socially and economically, their heavy handed policies and racial profiling towards Muslims in recent years in response to terror has actually driven more of their own citizens towards extreme ideologies and into the arms of groups like ISIS. This is a good real time lesson for us, we have done a much better job of assimilating our Muslim population and treated them with fairness (relatively) despite Islamic terrorism, that needs to continue because we need them on our side to effectively prevent and combat terrorism.
The statistics overwhelmingly support this... Average income for someone of Middle Eastern descent in France is a significant percentage lower than the average citizen's income. In the US, the average income for Middle Easterners is HIGHER than the average income for the general public.

A great many Middle Easterners in the states become doctors, engineers or other professionals and lead fulfilling lives. It is a testament to our general disposition to tolerate and willingness to assimilate/accept people's from all backgrounds.

In France the immigrant population lives much more on the fringe of society, and is denied access professionally and culturally. This has been recognized as a problem going back for well over a decade. (There are even several mainstream French movies addressing it. La Haine is a great example and was from the 90s.) Their current issues with homegrown terror have been brewing for a very long time.

The statistics overwhelmingly support this... Average income for someone of Middle Eastern descent in France is a significant percentage lower than the average citizen's income. In the US, the average income for Middle Easterners is HIGHER than the average income for the general public.

A great many Middle Easterners in the states become doctors, engineers or other professionals and lead fulfilling lives. It is a testament to our general disposition to tolerate and willingness to assimilate/accept people's from all backgrounds.

In France the immigrant population lives much more on the fringe of society, and is denied access professionally and culturally. This has been recognized as a problem going back for well over a decade. (There are even several mainstream French movies addressing it. La Haine is a great example and was from the 90s.) Their current issues with homegrown terror have been brewing for a very long time.

These terror attacks are not about average incomes of Muslims in Europe vs the US IMO. It is about an ideology that is embraced by a segment of Islam that wants to destroy those that are not part of their belief system. There are plenty of educated, well raised and economically successful Muslims that embrace and financially support these terrorist acts. And some of the leaders of these terrorist groups come from wealthy families.

Look to France's colonization of North Africa as "Ground Zero" in terms of the source of its current terrorist dynamic. Old wounds compounded by economic stress and xenophobia. A new "Lost Generation" is afoot.

Good point. I live about an hour from the largest population of Muslims in the country (Dearborn, MI) and this is not an issue anyone worries about or that has happened in this area.

I wonder what type of response you would receive from your peaceful Muslim neighbors if you posted a picture mocking their false prophet Muhammed on your front lawn.

Please remove your offensive avatar.

Thanks.

So Muslims are desperately pouring into a country that treats them as 2nd class citizens? And this makes them more susceptible to recruitment by jihadists? Tell us why no other population of poor people make similar choices? IMHO this is a poor misguided explanation. I think it's difficult for a post Christian American to understand the motivations of a religious Muslim. In my opinion some fraction of Muslims will always be susceptible to supporting jihad no matter what their life or economic circumstances.
The Boston bombers were fully assimilated and fully financial supported as we are generous to refugees. Please tell us why they felt the need to blow up innocent Americans??

but isn't there a difference between a person from the Middle East who chooses to come here for work or education and thousands of migrants fleeing right now? Isn't it also a choice for the Muslim populations not to assimilate into the European culture? I think the problem is a lot more complex than people want to make it.

Reactions: Peteyd
The truth is that there's no defense against something incomprehensible like this....driving a truck on an esplanade with no regard for human life? It's just unbelievable. Even al qaeda would have more pride than this common, banal butchery.

The truth is that there's no defense against something incomprehensible like this....driving a truck on an esplanade with no regard for human life? It's just unbelievable. Even al qaeda would have more pride than this common, banal butchery.
And this is the problem. These folks view these actions as defendable. In fact it is commendable to a plauralityof their faith.

we also don't know if this guy has any affiliation to terrorists or any terrorist group. He could just be a psycho.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
As somebody said on CNN last night, al Qaeda was all about the big score. Major targets, major body counts, lots of headlines. ISIS, in promoting lone wolf attacks over any sort of organized terror offensive, may be incrementally more successful but as has been mentioned they're essentially creating an atmosphere where nobody much notices what they're up to beyond the current news cycle. This is a tragic event, but it won't change the way people go about their business, generally.

In preventing the terrorists from terrorizing, we are beating them.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Ignore NewJerseyGuy. He's a lunatic who believes that Walt Disney was Satan made flesh who put secret codes in his movies.

Darkness hates the light, huh?

I bet you make your father proud.

However I am glad you are still bothered (convicted) by that video about Disney. That is a good sign.

Look, we are all born sinners, deserving of God's wrath. I recommend you repent of your beloved sins and put your faith in Jesus to save you from God's wrath and from an eternity in Hell while His offer is still on the table.

Thanks for reading.

Darkness hates the light, huh?

I bet you make your father proud.

However I am glad you are still bothered (convicted) by that video about Disney. That is a good sign.

Look, we are all born sinners, deserving of God's wrath. I recommend you repent of your beloved sins and put your faith in Jesus to save you from God's wrath and from an eternity in Hell while His offer is still on the table.

Thanks for reading.

Is there only one God?

I mean, do the little green men on Keppler 186-f worship the same God? Or are there different gods in different parts of the universe?

Last edited:
Even by the standards of this board, this thread has taken an unexpected turn.

[QUOTE="NewJerseyGuy, post: 2132119, member: 1962"}
.[/QUOTE]

"God's wrath ?" "your faith in Jesus".
"an eternity in hell" ?
I can't believe that grown-ups believe this stuff.
Or at least pretend to believe these absurdities.
Listen....there is NO god. And if there was, she wouldn't be wasting her time on your piddling existence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT