ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Antonio Alfano Alabama, Enters transfer portal

RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015

Top NJ recruit last year, why do I feel this wasnt a surprise.

Edited now that he entered transfer portal. Original post was it wasnt a surprise he had an issue.

Last edited:
Unless he’s been convicted of a serious crime or will likely be tried for a serious crime already committed, I think RU should welcome him home with open arms should he decide to come back to NJ.

This team can not afford to pass on good players with questionable backgrounds.

Maybe GS can help build his character.

Unless he’s been convicted of a serious crime or will likely be tried for a serious crime already committed, I think RU should welcome him home with open arms should he decide to come back to NJ.

lmfao has this ever worked out for us? how many castaways with character issues you gonna take before you smarten up?

The 25 player limit per year make these decisions a lot harder than they used to be.

Pass. You don't sign up as a freshman at RU go transfer back to Temple. If the team doesn't hold the line on this crap kids are always going to go elsewhere and see if they can make it knowing they can always transfer back. F him.

Pass. You don't sign up as a freshman at RU go transfer back to Temple. If the team doesn't hold the line on this crap kids are always going to go elsewhere and see if they can make it knowing they can always transfer back. F him.
Have you seen your d-line. You think they are going to turn away a 6’4 300 lbs athletic 5-star dawg in the trenches especially after dominating our o-line in the spring. I find that hard to believe and he will definitely get a waiver to play right away. It’s a cultural shock for the kid. When you come on an official visit, you see all the propaganda of the program. They don’t tell you about the dog days of Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I hope he stays but I wouldn’t be shocked if he left.

Did you have a problem with Alaimo coming to RU? If no real issues, could be a similar issue where the kid gets there and realizes he just doesn’t fit in.

Have you seen your d-line. You think they are going to turn away a 6’4 300 lbs athletic 5-star dawg in the trenches especially after dominating our o-line in the spring. I find that hard to believe and he will definitely get a waiver to play right away. It’s a cultural shock for the kid. When you come on an official visit, you see all the propaganda of the program. They don’t tell you about the dog days of Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I hope he stays but I wouldn’t be shocked if he left.
If he's being disciplined by Alabama, his warts won't be hidden here. From all the info I've heard, we shouldn't touch this kid with a ten foot pole. Kids been a problem since high school.

Kids make mistakes and when an Alabama comes calling they should listen.
It wasn't Aflano going to a comparable program, but to one considered the best that said they wanted him
That would impress most if not all HS talent.
I'd let him transfer, but wouldn't let him use a hardship waiver.
Making him sit the transfer year would show how much he wanted to play for Rutgers.
If he doesn't want to sit, let the Owls have him .

Also his troubles at Bama must be considered and if serious, UConn needs players because Rutgers doesn't need discipline problems.

It's the principle.

Reactions: dontestrond
There is one question- why is he leaving Alabama? That is what determines if you take him or not.

Reactions: newell138
If he's being disciplined by Alabama, his warts won't be hidden here. From all the info I've heard, we shouldn't touch this kid with a ten foot pole. Kids been a problem since high school.
I don’t necessarily think it’s discipline. I think it’s more about coach teaching a kid to be a man and take responsibility for mistakes. You gotta fall in line here or you won’t make it and that’s the message.

Reactions: newell138
There is one question- why is he leaving Alabama? That is what determines if you take him or not.
He’s not leaving or it’s not confirmed. I don’t think he leaves to be honest. I just wouldn’t be surprised if he did. This is a factory and you gotta see the studs he’s competing against that redshirted.

WTF!?!

Are people really trying to even suggest that Rutgers should pass up a 5 star player that was good enough for Bama because ...what was the reason again? And people still wonder why we suck.. happy Friday the 13th everyone. SMH.

Unless it was criminal reasons (Rutgers should never bring in those types), welcome him back home with open arms so he can tell all of the other elite HS players that it isn't worth it going to a blueblood when they can just come here to Rutgers.

Trust me, the NFL doesn't care what school you go to.

WTF!?!

Are people really trying to even suggest that Rutgers should pass up a 5 star player that was good enough for Bama because ...what was the reason again? And people still wonder why we suck.. happy Friday the 13th everyone. SMH.

Unless it was criminal reasons (Rutgers should never bring in those types), welcome him back home with open arms so he can tell all of the other elite HS players that it isn't worth it going to a blueblood when they can just come here to Rutgers.

Trust me, the NFL doesn't care what school you go to.

The amount that we suck ass right now is the only reason people would suggest taking this kid. This kid has been a problem everywhere he has been and will likely be a complete cancer in the locker room. That said, based on how much we suck, it wouldn’t surprise me if Ash takes a desperate chance on this kids talent.

The 25 player limit per year make these decisions a lot harder than they used to be.
Look at this way. Johnson from Michigan isn't coming so his 'ship was put into the pile for the 2020 class. Now there a chance to get a 5* DT (lacking at Rutgers) to kill to birds with one stone. Rutgers gets a stud DT which will solve an issue Ash refuse to address. Next, the new coach, strong-minded take no crap, has something to work with when he arrives.

In 99% of similar situations, I would pass on this kid, but Ash has put us in a unique situation. It's not like passing on this kid, suddenly Rutgers is going to sign another as talented or fill the need of a position dying for help. It's a tough decision to make.

This kid on potential and physical play is talented. Word is he wants to return home and play. I wouldn’t be surprised if his people already reached out to teams already.

Rutgers in 2019
Which college does he transfer to in 2020

Well going back about 15 years there was a 5* DL from NJ who started out at Miami, but things didn't work out. So he transferred out and came home to RU. I forget whether Schiano put up with him for 1 year or 2 but RU turned out to be a way station on the road to Akron. He finished up there and the Giants took a UDFA flyer on a 6'4" 300 lb. DL with all the potential in the world. Coughlin put up with him for exactly 1 practice. His name was Nate Robinson.

RU better take a long, long look into his situation before they commit.

Saban treats kids that want to transfer like crap. You think Hurts isn’t motivated by Saban this
Well going back about 15 years there was a 5* DL from NJ who started out at Miami, but things didn't work out. So he transferred out and came home to RU. I forget whether Schiano put up with him for 1 year or 2 but RU turned out to be a way station on the road to Akron. He finished up there and the Giants took a UDFA flyer on a 6'4" 300 lb. DL with all the potential in the world. Coughlin put up with him for exactly 1 practice. His name was Nate Robinson.

Nate got new teeth courtesy of Rutgers. Or something like that.

While at Rutgers, did Robinson cause problems? That's key to do Rutgers take a chance on another 5 star DT

You would need a Schiano type of coach to deal with type of student athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT