ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone been to the Jersey Shore yet

PSUPride1

Redshirt
Apr 24, 2003
Or have plans. I go every year to Wildwood Crest. My concern is my elderly mother who always goes with us. I know I can leave her home and we wouldn't do anything until later in the season but this is tough.
Are you guys skipping shore trips this year because of the virus? Anyway thanks the information and best wishes.

Ocean beaches have been open for a while now. Supposed to keep at least six feet from any neighbor. Boardwalks are open and towns are requesting that people wear masks on the boardwalks. Couple changes, any car that has anything that says Penn State on it will be towed. $2,000 fee to get your car back. Any damages during towing will not be covered. Any person on the beach wearing, sitting, or holding any Penn State gear will be arrested and convicted without trial, and imprisoned for no less than ten years. Other than that, enjoy your stay.

Just having a little fun. I live here at The Shore and other than the restaurants not allowing indoor seating, things are getting back to normal. One very good thing is that there are less people and less traffic.

Reactions: DirtyRU
I was in OCNJ last Thursday as thunderstorms knocked my power out for a day and a half. There were people out and about on the boardwalk but not like it is on a weekend.

Reactions: PSUPride1
My wife and I plan on going down for a long weekend at the end of June to our place in North Wildwood. With the Wineries and Breweries starting to open now we are hoping for a nice relaxing weekend. Not sure about the beach though as that area is mostly people from Phili and, not to get political here, that's Trump country so I'm not sure if they are going to abide by the social distancing wearing masks thing.

My wife and I plan on going down for a long weekend at the end of June to our place in North Wildwood. With the Wineries and Breweries starting to open now we are hoping for a nice relaxing weekend. Not sure about the beach though as that area is mostly people from Phili and, not to get political here, that's Trump country so I'm not sure if they are going to abide by the social distancing wearing masks thing.
Lol Philly is Trump country? That's a new one.

Ocean beaches have been open for a while now. Supposed to keep at least six feet from any neighbor. Boardwalks are open and towns are requesting that people wear masks on the boardwalks. Couple changes, any car that has anything that says Penn State on it will be towed. $2,000 fee to get your car back. Any damages during towing will not be covered. Any person on the beach wearing, sitting, or holding any Penn State gear will be arrested and convicted without trial, and imprisoned for no less than ten years. Other than that, enjoy your stay.
Went to local bay beach and parking lot is roped off to allow fewer people on the beach . Really? Thousands of people face to face protesting and marching and we have a local beach limiting a few people? Can’t make this S&$# up.

Not sure what "Trump country" has to do with anything.

Gov. Murphy has not required masks on the boardwalks or beaches.

If you want to blame someone for ruining your vacation, blame him and not people who actually are abiding by the "wearing masks thing".

At the Crest the last two weekends. Some hotels look about 50% full while others are empty - most pools are not open (a few private pools in condos are open). The condos/homes are also probably around 50% occupied, The beaches are so large that distancing is not an issue and it feels safe. All the restaurants are open for takeout so plenty of food available and the water sports places are open. The Boardwalk (no rides open) has been crowded in the evening and probably only 50% are wearing masks - but the mornings are not too bad for a walk or bike ride. We've enjoyed the change in scenery immensely

Went to local bay beach and parking lot is roped off to allow fewer people on the beach . Really? Thousands of people face to face protesting and marching and we have a local beach limiting a few people? Can’t make this S&$# up.
Now imagine you're a small business owner still closed. And seeing people freely go in Target, Walmart and protesting shoulder to shoulder in the thousands. That's truly a WTF moment.

Not sure what "Trump country" has to do with anything.

Gov. Murphy has not required masks on the boardwalks or beaches.

If you want to blame someone for ruining your vacation, blame him and not people who actually are abiding by the "wearing masks thing".
While the bolded is true some towns have requested you wear them in certain areas.

Did they social distance at those peaceful services last two weeks? I hope I’m not sounding political...just too much .

3 straight weekends in ssp so far. Love kids sports but It’s been great here instead of there. Predicting best summer ever for my family !
I think you are going to see some shift for families away from organized sports because of the Chinese corona events. People are discovering other things to do. The kids that really love sports aren’t going to stop, but some who just do it because everyone else does may not go back. It is nice to see families and kids bicycling so much. I can’t ever remember seeing so many kids fishing with their Dads, saw one with his Mom which was unusual, and seeing more teenage boys and girls fishing.

Reactions: bac2therac
While the bolded is true some towns have requested you wear them in certain areas.

That's true.
And so irrelevant.

If Gov Murphy (who I assume is receiving some of the best medical advice) isn't going to require masks then people shouldn't complain about others not wearing masks.

Blame the Governor for setting the rules - not citizens for following them.

Was at Point all day...distancing on the Beach good...no problam..Boardwalk? NOT so good...most not wearing masks (we did)..walking too close to each other and lines are not being monitored for distance. So, we didn't "walk the boards" at all...just beelined it to the car. Too many acting casual as business as usual...

Was at Point all day...distancing on the Beach good...no problam..Boardwalk? NOT so good...most not wearing masks (we did)..walking too close to each other and lines are not being monitored for distance. So, we didn't "walk the boards" at all...just beelined it to the car. Too many acting casual as business as usual...
Does not matter any more. Once giant groups people started protesting , marching , rioting and looting and people in large groups everywhere , and I mean everywhere, it seems silly now that you can’t go to a beach or a jewelry store etc.

You should never assume. I'm pretty sure Murphy consults a magic 8 ball every day before his pressers.

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/4...sults-with-health-officials-on-covid19-crisis
Murphy meeting with his top advisor:
giphy.gif

Or have plans. I go every year to Wildwood Crest. My concern is my elderly mother who always goes with us. I know I can leave her home and we wouldn't do anything until later in the season but this is tough.
Are you guys skipping shore trips this year because of the virus? Anyway thanks the information and best wishes.
Going down to Stone Harbor for 2 weeks in August. Same private house for the past 7 years, so we know it well. It's going to be a blast!
:)

Things were looking pretty crowded in Belmar. No real social distancing on the beach or on the lines for popular food places.

Spring Lake was pretty well-spaced out.

Go to Avon every weekend. It has been great on the beach semi crowded but spaced out well.

A few key points. A lot of the towns like Avon , Bradley etc are using an app to get your beach badge if you are wanting to buy daily badges. No buying of badges at the booths. But.... they sell out real early. Can only speak for Avon they sold only 750 daily badges this weekend. They app opens at 7am and they are sold out by 7:30. Doesn't mean you need to be at the beach at that time but you need to have bought your badge by then.

I do feel bad for families that are doing a day trip and drive down not knowing about the app and get there and are out of luck. On top of that they changed parking in the town so you are parking pretty far away if you get there after 10.

I think we will see the amount of badges sold increase over time but for right now I love it. No idiots coming down at noon when the beach is packed and walking all the way towards the water and then sitting on top of you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT