ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone been to the Jersey Shore yet

That's why that beach used to be JUST for resident's of Spring Lake Heights....(sic). But it's just bird poopie.

This is what the area were you were used to look like...

The Monmouth (the actual Spring Lake is in the upper right of the pic)

755a5b5e47434ff7c32ed0b1daabb558.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/1975/03/14/archives/era-vanishes-with-monmouth-hotel.html

The Warren (known to locals as The Pool Bar)

8137f21164b8b6053e8f2f204ef81c80.jpg

https://www.calypsointhecountry.com/2011/01/jersey-shore-nostalgia.html

The Essex and Sussex (only one still standing)

header.jpg

https://www.essexandsussexevents.com/about

Check out the date on this article and the home prices (then)...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...e-shore/a9528734-b253-4638-8bbb-e404b6e2a448/

Once again, Mary Anne didn't want to live here (The E & S.). "Everyone is too old."

Nice 1 bedroom unit for 80 K estate sale.....but noooooooo...

Reactions: Scarlet1984
@e5fdny , you may want to address this.
Seems like that nearby pond is the issue. NJ and goose poop, perfect together. The water is monitored 3 times a day, so I guess they watch it closely. Most problems are after significant storms which cause run off into the pond.

Seems like that nearby pond is the issue. NJ and goose poop, perfect together. The water is monitored 3 times a day, so I guess they watch it closely. Most problems are after significant storms which cause run off into the pond.
That's the problem. Perhaps for some locals, they don't care, but I would never swim at the south end beach of Spring Lake. I don't take any sheet!

That's the problem. Perhaps for some locals, they don't care, but I would never swim at the south end beach of Spring Lake. I don't take any sheet!
Not hard to avoid, the very south end is chopped up with rocks and jetties. We parked on York and entered the beach at Union. Between Union and Pennsylvania to the north was pretty empty. Then it looked much more crowded as you near the southern pavilion. Overall, wonderful experience.

Ordered dinners from Federico's in Belmar, and drove down by the water killing time, and D'J's was insane. That place should have it's F'n license suspended for the summer to teach other bars a lesson. Belmar cop was right there, watching hundreds of kids, lineup for blocks waiting to get in.In a better atmosphere, I'm sure that cop would be instructing these morons to spread out, and keep the masks on, but you know what he's probably thinking? Fu#k them, last thing I need is some kid filming me, and making it into a federal case!!!

Reactions: Loyal-Son and MozRU
What is going on in Wildwood?

I am booked for the 3rd straight summer at the Icona. Have time to cancel.

Anything open?

It’s that and some of the plume from an old dry cleaner that leaked it chemicals into Wreck Pond upstream. At one point I think it was considered a Super Fund site. Don’t know if that is still the case.

Not many locals go that far south for the reasons @Knight Shift mentioned. Usually stick closer to the pavilion for the bathrooms, concessions and convenience. South End used to be considered “the hotel beaches” but as those disappeared others started to use it. Like SLH and Wall folks.

The Essex and Sussex still has their own “beach” as noticed by the green umbrellas the residents use.

The Bath and Tennis also has their own signified by their blue umbrellas (and chaise lounges). B&T actually has a tunnel which goes under Ocean Avenue so members don’t have to deal with us commoners as their traverse to “their” beach. LOL

But you can still walk on and plop yourself down at either of those particular spots if you want.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Ordered dinners from Federico's in Belmar, and drove down by the water killing time, and D'J's was insane. That place should have it's F'n license suspended for the summer to teach other bars a lesson. Belmar cop was right there, watching hundreds of kids, lineup for blocks waiting to get in.In a better atmosphere, I'm sure that cop would be instructing these morons to spread out, and keep the masks on, but you know what he's probably thinking? Fu#k them, last thing I need is some kid filming me, and making it into a federal case!!!
Love their supreme pizza, the one with everything (minus anchovies) and their calzones/strombolis.

We got there at 8:45am and there were 3 or 4 kids already out there playing. Nice little park.
I found out yesterday from my brother in law (we are both friends of the couple who now run Manasquan InLine) since all the ice rinks are still closed lots of the HS and college local talent are using this one instead. People are coming to watch because they’re so good.

We operated the snack stand at the South End of the SL boardwalk one year.

We (my Mom/3 Sisters and I ) sweated over the grill and built up Popeye forearms scooping ice cream cones.

While Dad was lifeguarding....

Reactions: LetsGoRUwrestling
Pretty good crowd in Seaside Heights today..8 Water rescues all before 1pm, When the tide started coming back in things calmed down.
106986746_10224213042220147_2997579013881008501_n.jpg

106282793_10224213032499904_6672131465907511890_n.jpg

83322628_10224214792343899_4718269974709234362_o.jpg

Nice beach. Too bad they have the red flags out so no one can enjoy the water. It's one of the reasons why I went to FL to get my beach fix. Unless the surf is extraordinarily rough, they let adults decide whether or not swim. Swim at your own risk. In NJ they throw up those red flags at the drop of a hat. And the whistles....don't get me started.

Nice beach. Too bad they have the red flags out so no one can enjoy the water. It's one of the reasons why I went to FL to get my beach fix. Unless the surf is extraordinarily rough, they let adults decide whether or not swim. Swim at your own risk. In NJ they throw up those red flags at the drop of a hat. And the whistles....don't get me started.

Remember when they had the poles sunk into the sand with the ropes attached to the poles ?

That was where you could swim and that was that...

Water has been great the past 7-10 days.

SL North End was pretty crowded but still plenty of room to spread out.

Noticeably more crowded in Belmar off in the distance.

I'm staying two more nights here in Belmar

Haven't had this much fun in a long while, even a little drama mixed in to take our minds out of reality

Gonna def chill today after going at it hard the last few nights

When one of my buds wakes up will walk over to the sand. Sporting USA trunks, I'm thinking of wearing my Block R cap tonight, maybe

Reactions: RUaMoose
I'm staying two more nights here in Belmar

Haven't had this much fun in a long while, even a little drama mixed in to take our minds out of reality

Gonna def chill today after going at it hard the last few nights

When one of my buds wakes up will walk over to the sand. Sporting USA trunks, I'm thinking of wearing my Block R cap tonight, maybe

Drama? Were you being bad again?:chairshot:

The Red flags are just for areas that have no lifeguards and is open to surfers...SSH had 20 Lifeguard stands up this weekend and everyone could swim.

What is going on in Wildwood?

I am booked for the 3rd straight summer at the Icona. Have time to cancel.

Anything open?

There are a couple of different facebook pages for Wildwood (watchthetramcarplease & watchthetramcar,please), yes they are exactly the same except one has a comma and one does not. These will give you a pretty good idea of what is open and what is not.

Reactions: MozRU
You might be parking closer to the Acme than the beach....jk.

As far as I know neither Squan nor Point are having shows. Jenkinson's has had fireworks every Thursday in the past but don't know if they're doing that this year with all that's going on.

I saw them in Point Saturday night, but who was releasing them I don't know. They were coming from somewhere south of Arnold.

And I parked close, actually got my best spots this past weekend and MDW.

I saw them in Point Saturday night, but who was releasing them I don't know. They were coming from somewhere south of Arnold.

The fireworks to your SW were a guy on the river in Brielle. There were a couple people doing a decent job on Beachfront too.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I picked a great week to come down0__0

Rain, rain go away
JM wants to see the sunrise one day..

The fireworks to your SW were a guy on the river in Brielle. There were a couple people doing a decent job on Beachfront too.
Have heard the Thursday night thing might be back on for Point if they can work a few things out.

Rain, rain go away

Bummer. A rainy week at the beach is not fun - especially if you can't do those rainy day activities like a movie or arcade or go out for a nice lunch!

Let's hope it changes for the better.

Reactions: Jm0513

Rain, rain go away
I'm sure you'll get some sun. Enjoy.
Heading down PPB on Saturday for a volleyball tournament and hope it doesn't get rained out.

I'm sure you'll get some sun. Enjoy.
Heading down PPB on Saturday for a volleyball tournament and hope it doesn't get rained out.

Went to the beach Thu, Sat, and Sun. Didn't bother today. This week does have a lot of iffy days.
Next door smells like I image Woodstock did..may knock and introduce myself..lolol

Ahh, nevermind.. I'd have to wear a mask cause they might have cooties.

Reactions: RutHut
Next door smells like I image Woodstock did..may knock and introduce myself..lolol

Ahh, nevermind.. I'd have to wear a mask cause they might have cooties.

I assume you mean smells like people wearing the same clothes for 4 days and little sanitation.

I can't think of anything else:Wink:

I've never had Chicken Franchise better anywhere else.
I think that’s the one my Wife likes too. Or maybe it’s the one her mom likes. I forget. LOL

Also good to know, although not for this summer, is the Jersey Shore Basketball League is back at St. Rose High School which is right next door.

Was down in Cape May County today riding with friends. Was a beautiful day. Towns were not as full as I thought the would be. Rain held off until I was on the AC Expressway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT