ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone been to the Jersey Shore yet

This is why we are heading back to more shutdowns .
Imbeciles like you have seen on the shore.

I get that we are seeing surges but its also true that death rates and hospital rates are declining. If you notice the news only reports new cases now, rarely do you hear them talking new deaths like they were a month or so ago. Maybe King Murphy shouldn't be so quick to shut things down because he feels like it. Preventing people from getting sick was never a thing before it was about reducing deaths and overcrowding hospitals.

lots of good stats on this page for what they are worth.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

I get that we are seeing surges but its also true that death rates and hospital rates are declining. If you notice the news only reports new cases now, rarely do you hear them talking new deaths like they were a month or so ago. Maybe King Murphy shouldn't be so quick to shut things down because he feels like it. Preventing people from getting sick was never a thing before it was about reducing deaths and overcrowding hospitals.

Maybe people should try to follow the guidelines?

It's the "all about me" crowd that's causing the issues in places like D'Jais, Donovan's, the bar in JC that had so many violations that I believe it's now shut and the one in Morristown.

Reactions: Loyal-Son and fsg2
I was down at Wildwood this weekend and the only thing I can tell you is to bring a tent. The beaches were packed and families would set up right next to you with no regards to social distancing. The boardwalk was even worse with maybe 25% of the people wearing masks. Cape May was a totally different story with over 75% of the people wearing masks, not sure about the beach as I didn't go down but Washington street was much "safer" than the boardwalk in Wildwood.

I was in Belmar two weeks ago and everyone was respectful on the beaches sitting a good distance apart. Why would anyone wear masks on the beach or in the ocean, quite frankly even on the boardwalk if you are only going to your destination. its outdoors, I realize masks for indoors but outdoors you arent getting people to wear masks in 90 degree plus weather on a boardwalk.

Reactions: RUaMoose
I was in Belmar two weeks ago and everyone was respectful on the beaches sitting a good distance apart. Why would anyone wear masks on the beach or in the ocean, quite frankly even on the boardwalk if you are only going to your destination. its outdoors, I realize masks for indoors but outdoors you arent getting people to wear masks in 90 degree plus weather on a boardwalk.

I wouldn't expect people to wear them on the beach or in the water but I don't think it's crazy to expect people not to set right next to me like everything was normal. We didn't bring the tent down the first day and we made the decision to leave earlier than we wanted to out of an abundance of caution. The next day we brought the tent down and were able to stay as long as we wanted. As for the boardwalk I don't think it's crazy to expect people to wear them. People were wearing them at Cape May and people where them here in town all the time. I think they were either just in denial or didn't care, either way I was just providing the update in case other people went as to what to expect.

Quiet day in Seaside today...Water temp 70
105611380_10224174926787285_1422182322415325646_o.jpg

Enjoy the peace and quiet. It's going to be nuts up and down the entire shore within 36. hours
Time for the locals to run to the hills and the woods. Amateur weekend about to start.
I don’t mind it one bit.

They all add something to that wonderful tapestry we call the Jersey Shore.

(although those of us who live here call it the beach, but whatever - lol)

I don’t mind it one bit.

It's not minding them, its avoiding the crowds, traffic, etc. We head in a different direction on holiday weekends and enjoy the less crowded areas of our wonderful slice of heaven in South Monmouth.

I don’t mind it one bit.

Good. I'll send the overflow to the Heights. What's your address again?:)

Manasquan normally sells 11-12k season badges. As of more than a week ago I was told they've sold 22k. I don't know where they're going to put everyone but not my problem. This will be the 1st weekend I'll have everyone show up. Looking forward to it.

It's not minding them, its avoiding the crowds, traffic, etc. We head in a different direction on holiday weekends and enjoy the less crowded areas of our wonderful slice of heaven in South Monmouth.
There are different routes of travel to get around that you and @knightfan7 should know by now. ;)

I'm "working" at a closed building on the 4th at double time.

Probably go up on the roof and grab some rays.

Story; Turnpike, always sent to the southern most patrol area by Sgt, who thought he was busting my ba..s. Put a lawn chair at the bottom of the area off in a little woods. Parked the Troop car under a tree, turned on the outside speaker for the SP radio calls. Took off the costume and sat in the beach chair in a pair of gym trunks for a 1 1/2 hours, catching rays. Got dressed, took a loop of my area to pick up any broken down cars. Went back and did another sun bathe. Back to the barracks after 8 hrs and "Hey you're all sun burned !". Yeah I was running radar on an overpass in the sun. "Get any ?" (speeders). Nah, too much traffic.

I'm "working" at a closed building on the 4th at double time.

Probably go up on the roof and grab some rays.

Story; Turnpike, always sent to the southern most patrol area by Sgt, who thought he was busting my ba..s. Put a lawn chair at the bottom of the area off in a little woods. Parked the Troop car under a tree, turned on the outside speaker for the SP radio calls. Took off the costume and sat in the beach chair in a pair of gym trunks for a 1 1/2 hours, catching rays. Got dressed, took a loop of my area to pick up any broken down cars. Went back and did another sun bathe. Back to the barracks after 8 hrs and "Hey you're all sun burned !". Yeah I was running radar on an overpass in the sun. "Get any ?" (speeders). Nah, too much traffic.
I always wonder where the police hang out when they are working? Are they suppose to be driving around all day or do they hang out at the police station?

This was well back in the "day", before stuff like cell phones etc.

Answer; It depends...

Does your Dept have tracking in the car?
How busy is your tour, town, area.

Places like in NYC you may come into work with at least 4-6 jobs on backlog and you just go from one to another all tour.

Quiet places you make your own work. Motor vehicle, residential tours (showing the flag), paperwork catch up, follow up on crimes and additional investigations about that crime. Ambulance calls, FD calls.

A few days it's just, "What did you do today ?"
"Miles and Smiles, Sarge."

Enjoy the peace and quiet. It's going to be nuts up and down the entire shore within 36. hours
Time for the locals to run to the hills and the woods. Amateur weekend about to start.
I absolutely hate having jobs by the beach this time of year. Just yesterday I got honked at(apparently I wasn't going fast enough, I just laughed and gave a nice fvck you as he drove past) and cut off twice. I'm driving a loaded dump truck, there is no stopping suddenly. Almost went through two cars. The assholes are out in full force already.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I don’t mind it one bit.

I'm scurrying to finish my last job down the beach by Friday. Than it's nothing but inland stuff. I hate these screwed up Jersey City driving skills. Every damn year I see the craziest driving displays I never knew a human being would attempt. I swear the brain capacity of some of them equals a gnat.

I don’t mind it one bit.

I feel the same way. Of course there are those that annoy me but I kind of like the energy and the plethora of bikinis

I am anticipating a non stop barrage of amateur fireworks all weekend too.

I would agree if we didn't run the risk of people from the rest of the country ruining the progress we made.

Cases and deaths in NJ are going down but it will take one person from TX or FL to ruin that for us.

What we don't need is one bozo coming here and going into a restaurant and creating an event.

Reactions: Jm0513
Good. I'll send the overflow to the Heights. What's your address again?:)

Manasquan normally sells 11-12k season badges. As of more than a week ago I was told they've sold 22k. I don't know where they're going to put everyone but not my problem. This will be the 1st weekend I'll have everyone show up. Looking forward to it.

Are there going to be fireworks this weekend?

Can you at least hold everyone off until I park my car tomorrow...it's gotten worse to find parking every week my guess is because fewer people are taking the train.

I absolutely hate having jobs by the beach this time of year. Just yesterday I got honked at(apparently I wasn't going fast enough, I just laughed and gave a nice fvck you as he drove past) and cut off twice. I'm driving a loaded dump truck, there is no stopping suddenly. Almost went through two cars. The assholes are out in full force already.

Funny story. A good friend of mine owns a landscape/hardscape business and his parents live in Spring Lake. Great family, and they do a lot for the town in terms of volunteer work. He would stop at his parents house several times a week for lunch and/or dinner.
Some hoity toity New Yawker moved in two doors down. She thought it was an abomination to have a dump truck parked within her view and earshot, and she raised a fuss. It was not my friend (he swears it), but after several fusses, someone took to doing donuts on Ms. Hoity Toity's front lawn. Police had a hard time finding a suspect. :Wink: Ms. Hoity Toity moved from her house several years later probably to terrorize locals in some other town. :CHOP:

When we visit Sedona, other than wearing block R stuff, which nobody recognizes out there (except one old coot Ohio State fan who asked me in 2014 if Rutgers joining the B1G was a joke), we don't advertise where we are from or announce this is how things are back in Jersey--other than asking each breakfast joint if they have pork roll. :Laughing We try to blend and keep our fist pumps to a minimum.

giphy.gif

Funny story. A good friend of mine owns a landscape/hardscape business and his parents live in Spring Lake. Great family, and they do a lot for the town in terms of volunteer work. He would stop at his parents house several times a week for lunch and/or dinner.
Some hoity toity New Yawker moved in two doors down. She thought it was an abomination to have a dump truck parked within her view and earshot, and she raised a fuss. It was not my friend (he swears it), but after several fusses, someone took to doing donuts on Ms. Hoity Toity's front lawn. Police had a hard time finding a suspect. :Wink: Ms. Hoity Toity moved from her house several years later probably to terrorize locals in some other town. :CHOP:

When we visit Sedona, other than wearing block R stuff, which nobody recognizes out there (except one old coot Ohio State fan who asked me in 2014 if Rutgers joining the B1G was a joke), we don't advertise where we are from or announce this is how things are back in Jersey--other than asking each breakfast joint if they have pork roll. :Laughing We try to blend and keep our fist pumps to a minimum.

giphy.gif
#banbennies

giphy.gif

I have been told by visiting friends and family that being from NJ is a real deal breaker in the Mountain/Southwest, as in a friendly conversation turns to a lifeless expression and sometimes a blatant turn in the opposite direction when such a revelation is made. So I think your instincts are correct.

Not sure about Sedona, but if UT grocery stores stock pork roll, AZ ones certainly should too. It showed up maybe 4 years ago and was in stock last time I looked. Good luck on the cafes, tho!

Are there going to be fireworks this weekend?

Can you at least hold everyone off until I park my car tomorrow...it's gotten worse to find parking every week my guess is because fewer people are taking the train.

You might be parking closer to the Acme than the beach....jk.

As far as I know neither Squan nor Point are having shows. Jenkinson's has had fireworks every Thursday in the past but don't know if they're doing that this year with all that's going on.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
You might be parking closer to the Acme than the beach....jk.

As far as I know neither Squan nor Point are having shows. Jenkinson's has had fireworks every Thursday in the past but don't know if they're doing that this year with all that's going on.
I don't think so...my kid is there now with her father and her friend. Hoping she has a nice time..The dog and I are going when they return Sunday. That will be my "Momcation"...I can't wait to eat ice cream and candy everyday!! Point Pleasant isn't the greatest, but hey the house is free...I hope ...:Sly: lol

Last edited:
I don't think so...my kid is there now with her father and her friend. Hoping she has a nice time..The dog and I are going when they return Sunday. That will be my "Momcation"...I can't wait to eat ice cream and candy everyday!! Point Pleasant isn't the greatest, but hey the house is free...I hope ...:Sly: lol

God Bless America!

Had to work July 4, 1976 Garden State Parkway.

Announcements all over the place on media, almost "pandemic level".

55 gallon barrels of water all up and down on the shoulders for overheated traffic. No vacation days, no regular off days. Not enough Troop Cars for everyone working.

NO Traffic, by the afternoon the Station Commanders were sending guys home..

Had to work July 4, 1976 Garden State Parkway.

Announcements all over the place on media, almost "pandemic level".

55 gallon barrels of water all up and down on the shoulders for overheated traffic. No vacation days, no regular off days. Not enough Troop Cars for everyone working.

NO Traffic, by the afternoon the Station Commanders were sending guys home..
I think a lot of people were in NYC for the Tall Ships.. similar thing in 1986 for the Statue of Liberty Centennial.. had a Belmar house for that Summer but we all went into the city (and largely regretted it).

ADVERTISEMENT