ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone Else Going To See Jewel At the Wellmont Tuesday Night?

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
Just found out about the concert two nights ago, and since the Wellmont is a two-minute walk from my home AND I have a major crush on her, of course I'm going. Anyone?

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Just found out about the concert two nights ago, and since the Wellmont is a two-minute walk from my home AND I have a major crush on her, of course I'm going. Anyone?
I mean... Jewel? I uh, well uhh. yea no.

God bless us every one

I do too.
th

She's like retro now yes? I recall she had hits when Jerry McGuire was in theaters and the WTC was still up.

She's like retro now yes? I recall she had hits when Jerry McGuire was in theaters and the WTC was still up.
I like much of her older stuff because it's timeless. She runs deep and has a beautiful voice. I read her memoir two years ago and she also had one of the most horrendous childhoods I'd ever heard of.

Reactions: Jm0513
I walk up Union to South Mountain regularly
That's a good walk. I drive up to Whole Foods each morning for a cup of coffee and to do some editing of various things for an hour. Sometimes I take Gates up but other times the road that Jay Johnson (former Director of Homeland Security) lived on (not sure of the street name).

That's a good walk. I drive up to Whole Foods each morning for a cup of coffee and to do some editing of various things for an hour. Sometimes I take Gates up but other times the road that Jay Johnson (former Director of Homeland Security) lived on (not sure of the street name).
What time are you at Whole Foods every morning?
Johnson is on Porter Place

Daughter of Atz Kilcher of Alaska the Last Frontier on the Discovery channel.She was married to a rodeo champ for 4 years. The news cycle of stardom is way too rigid . Her best days were in the 90's but she is still beautiful and talented .

Daughter of Atz Kilcher of Alaska the Last Frontier on the Discovery channel.She was married to a rodeo champ for 4 years. The news cycle of stardom is way too rigid . Her best days were in the 90's but she is still beautiful and talented .
Ty Murray for about six years, and they had a kid together. Jewel's memoir clarified and illuminated a lot of things about her and her life. It was not a storybook childhood, by any stretch.

I like much of her older stuff because it's timeless. She runs deep and has a beautiful voice. I read her memoir two years ago and she also had one of the most horrendous childhoods I'd ever heard of.
What was book called? Last thing I read was a poetry book and that was YEARS AGO. Edit..Never Broken ?

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Hung out with her before SB XXXII. She was nice. Kinda cute. But nowhere near as awesome as Deaf Miss America.

Hung out with her before SB XXXII. She was nice. Kinda cute. But nowhere near as awesome as Deaf Miss America.
Clearly a sign of the times.

P.S. I am so jealous it's gonna take a while to get back to my former self.

P.P.S. Okay, I'm back.

Reactions: mildone
I'm asking my friend if she is available to go. lol I wish I knew sooner!!
I checked with one friend and when she couldn't go I walked over to the box office, bought one ticket, and am psyched no matter what.

I will check tomorrow if seats are available maybe I will go alone. It's Holiday music and her old stuff correct? @RutgersRaRa

She puts on a good show and is a good storyteller.
She also yodels if that does anything for you.
If she takes any requests, ask for Racecar Driver.

Are balcony seats decent? I don't want to spend more than 50.
Pretty sure all the seats are good. I think they’ve re-done a few things since the last time I was there (about five years ago), but it’s such a small venue that all of the seats should be fine.

I will check tomorrow if seats are available maybe I will go alone. It's Holiday music and her old stuff correct? @RutgersRaRa
Pretty sure some seats are available. And I’m not sure what she’s playing, as I bought the ticket on impulse merely because it was her. But she’s probably gonna do some holiday stuff and (I seriously hope) some of her older stuff. No matter what it should be a good show. She is very personable when on stage. I saw her about 15 years ago at PNC and she was really good.

Pretty sure all the seats are good. I think they’ve re-done a few things since the last time I was there (about five years ago), but it’s such a small venue that all of the seats should be fine.
Ok, I figured that. Thank you and enjoy the show.

If you make it to the show shoot me a PM so we can say hi to each other.
Ok. I don't think I have that option as I am not a paying member of this message board. I will let you know on this thread though. [thumb2]

Ok. I don't think I have that option as I am not a paying member of this message board. I will let you know on this thread though. [thumb2]
I don’t think you need to be premium to send PMs. I just sent you a PM and gave you my cell, so we should be good to go.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT