ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone switch from Verizon to AT&T lately?

newell138

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Ocean City NJ via South Brunswick and Denville
Seems like a good deal, BOGO on all phones and unlimited data. They also give you up to $675 to pay your early termination fees. Just looking for some feedback on AT&T if anyone has it. I honestly don't know anyone who doesn't have Verizon.

Dollar for dollar it appears it will be a little cheaper than Verizon and I won't be getting hit w/ data overages every month.

Been an AT&T customer for years. Never pleased with their coverage, as I travel a good deal. Had been considering jumping to Verizion and will do so this fall.

Reactions: kjb32812
AT&T, Verizon prices with T-Mobile coverage. Verizon has the best coverage but the most expensive. I switched to T-Mobile because they have coverage where I happen to frequent.

Years ago, ATT's coverage was dreadful in Southern Monmouth/Belmar area. Don't know if it improved. What's the issue with data overage? You use a lot of data for work? We never reach our limit with 4 users on our plan.

DO NOT switch to AT&T. I did it about 18 months ago after always being with VZ and it has been awful. The coverage is absolutely terrible.

I just got a text from Verizon telling me that the Share Everything plan wasn't best for me. They have a plan literally called New Plan and I get exactly what I had before, but for $50 less. I have 2 lines that share 4gb with rollover for about $91 a month.

Seems like a good deal, BOGO on all phones and unlimited data. They also give you up to $675 to pay your early termination fees. Just looking for some feedback on AT&T if anyone has it. I honestly don't know anyone who doesn't have Verizon.

Dollar for dollar it appears it will be a little cheaper than Verizon and I won't be getting hit w/ data overages every month.

Yes. I switched to AT&T and I like it a lot better than Verizon.
It seems to be more reliable to me throughout the country than my Verizon service was.

I went Verizon to TMobile this month, and even with paying full price for my new phone, still pay $20 less per month for my line. Coverage is the same if not better in my area.

We had Tmobile for quite a few years through 2012, but when Sandy hit, we lost service for 7-8 days. We were happy with Tmobile's coverage, but the coverage for Verizon is better in remote areas of Arizona, so we stuck with it.

Do you have Direct TV and plan to keep it? The unlimited data is only available to direct tv customers and if you do drop direct tv they move your cell phone plan to a with a cap. The unlimited data is capped at 22 gb then they can throttle your speeds. Also you can not tether with your phone.

I had AT&T for years and switched to Sprint and then switched to Verizon. Sprint was terrible. I see no difference in coverage from Verizon and AT&T. I have heard AT&T struggle in NYC so that may be an issue. Rootmetrics has independent reviews of the major carriers in different areas.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map

Years ago, ATT's coverage was dreadful in Southern Monmouth/Belmar area. Don't know if it improved. What's the issue with data overage? You use a lot of data for work? We never reach our limit with 4 users on our plan.

We have 20gb and usually go over. As I'm sure it's the same with most people it's my kids who use 90% of it. Last month one used 14 and the other 7. It's out of control so I started billing them each month they use more than 8 so at least one of them knows how to manage it. I'm baffled because 6 months ago we were getting by with 10 total as a family of four. I'm thinking most of the data is streaming music when they are driving or at the gym.

We have 20gb and usually go over. As I'm sure it's the same with most people it's my kids who use 90% of it. Last month one used 14 and the other 7. It's out of control so I started billing them each month they use more than 8 so at least one of them knows how to manage it. I'm baffled because 6 months ago we were getting by with 10 total as a family of four. I'm thinking most of the data is streaming music when they are driving or at the gym.

Then T-mobile may be a better option for you. Our kids are still young, so we require them to stream on the wifi. T-mobile has free streaming for certain activities.

Streaming music will not use that much data. Do you have an online account? If so Verizon will give you a breakdown of where the data is being used. Most likely they are streaming a lot of video. Also make sure they have wifi enabled on their phones. If you saw a drastic increase 6 months ago It may be one particular app that causing the problem.

Reactions: ATIOH

Switch to T Mobile. My kids did the same thing on my Verizon account and now they are on T Mobile and love it. It's all of the Instagram and Snapchat they do plus watching video content. It's out of control if you use Verizon. TMobile lets you stream Netflix with no impact on your data usage. Great plan for teens and users of social media.

I have AT&T. I have an issue receiving phone calls in the wee hours (after midnight). It never rings, just goes straight to VM. This causes problems when I'm on-call at work. I had to make my land line my primary number at work for this reason. Anyone else have this issue? When my contract is up I might as well go to tmibile or sprint and save some money since AT&T charges like Verizon but doesn't deliver.

I have AT&T. I have an issue receiving phone calls in the wee hours (after midnight). It never rings, just goes straight to VM. This causes problems when I'm on-call at work. I had to make my land line my primary number at work for this reason. Anyone else have this issue? When my contract is up I might as well go to tmibile or sprint and save some money since AT&T charges like Verizon but doesn't deliver.
What kind of phone do you have? That doesn't sound like a network issue. I know both Adroid and Iphone have do not disturb modes. Sounds like it may be set to automatically turn on after midnight.

Go
To your phone settings and turn off the Do Not Disturb feature

I've had Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile. Overall, I prefer AT&T. The difference in coverage between AT&T and Verizon is minor. Verizon has a slight edge overall, but at work I actually get better service with AT&T. Since AT&T was cheaper for me it was a no brainer. I didn't like t-mobile. I had them for a month and I had to switch. Their service inside buildings was horrible. For instance I had zero coverage inside the prudential center, and I had poor coverage where I lived. I would find friends and family that have these services where you live and where you work and compare data and cell signals on similar phones. That will help you make a decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT