ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Arkansas vs. Georgia this weekend!

Southern Gentleman

All American
Aug 10, 2011
I know that you hate the SEC, at least most of you, but I am super excited about the start of football this weekend.

Arkansas hosts Georgia this weekend in Fayetteville. Georgia is favored by at least 21 points, and they should be! The Hogs are 0- nothing in the SEC the last couple of years. BUT, we have a new coach, new attitude, new perspective now.

So, I am channeling my friend RutgersAl, and predicting that Arkansas at least covers the spread, and hopeful for an upset!

Should I be contacting my psychiatrist or drown my self in more Vodka than usual?

I know that you hate the SEC, at least most of you, but I am super excited about the start of football this weekend.

Arkansas hosts Georgia this weekend in Fayetteville. Georgia is favored by at least 21 points, and they should be! The Hogs are 0- nothing in the SEC the last couple of years. BUT, we have a new coach, new attitude, new perspective now.

So, I am channeling my friend RutgersAl, and predicting that Arkansas at least covers the spread, and hopeful for an upset!

Should I be contacting my psychiatrist or drown my self in more Vodka than usual?
What do the hogboys think? Or are they hogmen by now?

Have you seen the schedule that the SEC gave Missouri, Arkansas and Vandy? Those 3 teams got absolutely screwed.

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
I will be rooting for you, but take this from someone whose second favorite team is Georgia Tech... you might cover but I will be shocked if you shock the world. Georgia has an uncertain situation at QB but the defense should be strong again, and they have some talent on offense. Now go prove me wrong!

Gentleman,
I don't hate the SEC, just dislike most of the programs in that conference and really dislike Alabama even though my Sister-In -Law and her family are Bama fans from growing up in that Boll Weevil state.

I like your Razorbacks because you seem to be a great guy and Frank Broyles fired cheating Lou Holtz, even if he wasn't caught cheating there.

Vanderbilt is another program on my OK list, wonder how an academic institution remains in the SEC

LSU is a long term root for ever since Paul Dietzel's Chinesse Bandits caught this young boys attention and have been sort of a fan of the Bengal Tigers from then on.

Tennessee is on my $#!t list for obvious reasons named Greg, but never liked them very much before that either.

Auburn for one game ( guess) a year I'm rooting for and the rest of season don't care much about them or most SEC programs

Will be rooting for your Hogs to whop those smart ass dogs, good luck and ditch the vodka and celebrate the win with a glass of
michters-sour-mash-whiskey-celebration-best-bourbon-luxe-digital.jpg

Reactions: LC-88
Will be interesting to see how the offenses look under Kendal Briles and specifically Georgia under Monken after prostyle types Chaney/Coley left over the last 2 years.

Will be interesting to see how the offenses look under Kendal Briles and specifically Georgia under Monken after prostyle types Chaney/Coley left over the last 2 years.
When we were looking for coaches/OCs.. Briles seemed like a great candidate to me.. except, of course, for his recruiting comments about pimping out white girls at Baylor.. (weird thing is, if he had said "girls" instead of "white women".. I don't think its all that bad.. he made it racist unnecessarily) but offense-wise... I think he can do great things.

Hope you are well. I still have a pic of you, rutgersal, Mrs Screw and your Ex. If you want I will post it, but wasn't sure how you felt having a pic here with your ex, lol. Meanwhile I'll post this pic, unfortunately you aren't in this one:

9938278.jpg

After a few weeks of half-football it will really start to feel like fall this Saturday with the SEC back (as much as I hate to say it). Then full time fall in a few weeks once the B1G returns .. I can enjoy the old Tulsa-North Texas game mixed in with the rest, but only having those kind of games was getting old. Go Arky

When we were looking for coaches/OCs.. Briles seemed like a great candidate to me.. except, of course, for his recruiting comments about pimping out white girls at Baylor.. (weird thing is, if he had said "girls" instead of "white women".. I don't think its all that bad.. he made it racist unnecessarily) but offense-wise... I think he can do great things.
Florida State's offense improved last year under him...not great by any stretch but like to middle of the pack say 60-70 in total/scoring offense but they were in the 100s before and around 50 for offensive SP+ from the 90s before. Their offensive line woes that have been plaguing them still weren't that great last year so not too bad improvement considering. Don't know if he could have built on that and also finally improve their OL play. Let's see what he can do at Arkansas.

After a few weeks of half-football it will really start to feel like fall this Saturday with the SEC back (as much as I hate to say it). Then full time fall in a few weeks once the B1G returns .. I can enjoy the old Tulsa-North Texas game mixed in with the rest, but only having those kind of games was getting old. Go Arky

All that will be missing is Pac-12 After Dark. I love those games, always entertaining in the wee hours of the night. Hopefully the Pac-12 announces a return to play later this week.

Reactions: ScarletDave

I would go with the vodka! Pulling for the Hogs!

Hope you are well. I still have a pic of you, rutgersal, Mrs Screw and your Ex. If you want I will post it, but wasn't sure how you felt having a pic here with your ex, lol. Meanwhile I'll post this pic, unfortunately you aren't in this one:

9938278.jpg
OMG NO PICS OF ME WITH THE PLAINTIFF!

I don’t need to be reminded of that nightmare!

Reactions: Abro1975
Florida State's offense improved last year under him...not great by any stretch but like to middle of the pack say 60-70 in total/scoring offense but they were in the 100s before and around 50 for offensive SP+ from the 90s before. Their offensive line woes that have been plaguing them still weren't that great last year so not too bad improvement considering. Don't know if he could have built on that and also finally improve their OL play. Let's see what he can do at Arkansas.

All my fingers are crossed!

Reactions: rutgersguy1
What's the over/under on a Covid outbreak in Fayetteville?

Covid has hit all college campuses pretty hard and Fayetteville is no exception!

But the football team has been mostly quarantined since practice started. I am hoping that we can get several games in before the Covid catches the team / coaching staff.

Hope the Hogs can have a good enough crowd to create somewhat of a home field advantage. How much of the crowd is allowed to be students and are student section occupants asked to be spaced apart like others in the stadium?

Enjoyed the heck out of our Fayetteville visit in '12.

ADVERTISEMENT