ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Army @ Temple

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Assuming the TV money is the same, I wonder if Temple would come out ahead moneywise playing at Michie even after travel expenses. There would be at least 25k at the game

What the heck happened to the two Temple loudmouths (literally half the Temple fanbase) who used to come to TKR crowing about their new on-campus stadium and how Rutgers should be looking over its shoulder?

What the heck happened to the two Temple loudmouths (literally half the Temple fanbase) who used to come to TKR crowing about their new on-campus stadium and how Rutgers should be looking over its shoulder?
Back to hiding I suppose. They still haven't beaten us since the 1st Bush Jr term.

OL is horrific and temple is pretty poorly coached. You can see on a good chunk of offensive plays that wr’s are running the wrong routes. On simons int, it was a comeback that never came back. First half there was a hitch that the wr ran an out on. Theyre just not organized.

Imo if temple was smart theyd hire harasymiak

There’a a DB coach out in Vegas with tons of B1G and SEC experience. Great recommendations from Brett Bielema and Urban Meyer. Even has a series of instructional DVDs. I forget his name…
He's no longer a DB coach, but he retained the title of DB. He is now a scout for the Jacksonville Jagoffs, a good place for a DB like him.
Next stop for him is Waterboy.

Last edited:
Temple used to kill Army when Al Golden was there.
He figured between Penn St, RU and others Temple would not recruit many skill guys.
He focused on getting the biggest OL he could and running his own power run scheme
That's why they used to kill Army - 330 lbs OL vs Army's 240 lb DTs.
One year Temple had over 400 yards in first half
Now Army can have big players too (medical waivers like Navy used)

The AAC is weak. Army has now beaten @FAU, Rice, and @Temple. They have @Tulsa, UAB, ECU, @NT, UTSA, vs Navy. I think something like 6-3 or better in conference is very reasonable and a 7 or 8 win regular season is likely. Good for Army.

Navy has been weak at the QB position since Malcolm Perry graduated in 2019. This year's QB, Blake Horvath, looks pretty good:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT