ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bag question for out-of-town visitors

MGSA99

All American
Jan 15, 2002
Thinking about flying up from South Carolina for the homecoming game. My wife has never been to NYC or Rutgers. We are thinking about not renting a car and just doing public transit the entire weekend. We would need a place to store our bags since we would be flying in first thing Saturday morning with no time to drop our stuff off at the hotel. Any ideas for a safe place to store our bags since we cannot take them into the stadium?

There is a place right outside of the Stadium that rents lockers. Not sure how big they are.

There is a place right outside of the Stadium that rents lockers. Not sure how big they are.

Not big enough to store luggage.

OP - I'd try to find someone, anyone, you know who parks at the stadium and ask to store your bags in their car during the game.

Last edited:
No luggage, just backpacks since we are only gone for a couple of days.

No luggage, just backpacks since we are only gone for a couple of days.

If you only have backpacks then put them in the Locker Rental facility on the North side of the stadium next to the yellow lot

The Locker Rental facility on the North side is actually a big truck so look for that where indicated in the above post NE corner of Sutphen Road and Scarlet Knight Way

Last edited:
To be sure, call or contact the Rutgers ticket office and make sure the truck with the locker rentals will be there. I have seen it at every game except I didn't notice it last game. Not sure if it had any thing to do with the heightened security because of the bombings.

To be sure, call or contact the Rutgers ticket office and make sure the truck with the locker rentals will be there. I have seen it at every game except I didn't notice it last game. Not sure if it had any thing to do with the heightened security because of the bombings.

This needs to be well away from any traffic area. Sign of the times.

The Locker Rental facility on the North side is actually a big truck so look for that where indicated in the above post NE corner of Sutphen Road and Scarlet Knight Way
The only problem with that is :When the truck is full it goes over to the nearest Flea Market to sell all the loot.

Reactions: wheezer
I heard the truck doesn't show up until 10 minutes after kickoff and leaves at halftime.

I heard the truck doesn't show up until 10 minutes after kickoff and leaves at halftime.
I can say this: I will be in my seat before kickoff because I want to see pregame. And I want to stick around for postgame. I have not heard Loyal Sons in person since 2006 and miss the Rutgers game experience terribly.

Thanks for the advice! We just booked our flight! Excited to be coming back for Homecoming!

ADVERTISEMENT