ADVERTISEMENT

OT Barclays center

vkj91

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 7, 2007
never been and am going next week for a concert. What's good to do in the area as far as bars and places to eat. Will be me and the Mrs.

never been and am going next week for a concert. What's good to do in the area as far as bars and places to eat. Will be me and the Mrs.

Broccolino is a small-but-decent Italian place right there that you can have a sit-down meal. If you like shwarma, Kulushkat is good, although it's more hole-in-the-wallish and seats are hard to come by. Both I think are on Dean St. And if you walk on Dean St. one block and hang a left, Yayo is an OK Mexican sit-down place.

Last edited:
Morgan's BBQ and Don Chingon (Mexican) are the best places to eat. more traditional go to Woodland. Yayo is a dump.

Enjoy man. I've seen him play many many times and there's no other artist that even comes close to the show he puts on.

Have you seen him live before?
Saw him in Pa at some fair two years ago. Was great because it was such a small venue

One thing we did learn from a prior thread was not to drink a pint of vodka with your brother just before going and knock stuff over, drawing attention to yourselves. Apparently, they're pretty touchy about that.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Alchemy Bar/Restaurant perfect cozy place with good food and beer selection and they make hot toddys and other hot wine drinks. Its on 5th ave just 2-3 blocks down from the Barclays Center.

Alchemy Bar/Restaurant perfect cozy place with good food and beer selection and they make hot toddys and other hot wine drinks. Its on 5th ave just 2-3 blocks down from the Barclays Center.
I will second Alchemy. It will likely be a bit busy with the concert going on. Morgans is also a good spot if you just want BBQ, Alchemy has a more diverse menu, "new" American. There is also a place BK9 that has Caribbean food that is pretty good that is a couple doors down from Alchemy. Woodland, also Caribbean-focused is along Flatbush closer to Morgans. As also previously mentioned, Convivium Osteria is good and more on the fancier side. Cool place, especially the basement. Miriam's is also on 5th and it is a good Israeli/Mediterranean restaurant. Of the dining choices, Alchemy will have the best beer selection, if that is important to you.

My sister and her husband are going to the concert. No opening act and I hear he plays longer than most acts these days. Enjoy the show.

ADVERTISEMENT