ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Baseball, Basketball & Football Cards?

BetterThanNavy

Redshirt
Aug 19, 2014
I have a collection of cards and I am ready to get rid of them. Is there anywhere in New Jersey (or New York) where there is a legitimate card store or perhaps some outlet to sell quality cards?

Reactions: beaced
You need to be careful as the industry is ripe with shady characters. Also, these days it’s all about PSA grading. So if you have a card that’s not graded someone would prob offer you $100, turn around and get it graded, and then have a card that’s worth 100x what it was prior.

what type of collection do you have? What era are the cards from? I might be able to help.

Reactions: BetterThanNavy
I have a collection of cards and I am ready to get rid of them. Is there anywhere in New Jersey (or New York) where there is a legitimate card store or perhaps some outlet to sell quality cards?

There is a pretty good size baseball card show in the Wildwood convention center every year. I've picked up some good stuff there.

You need to be careful as the industry is ripe with shady characters. Also, these days it’s all about PSA grading. So if you have a card that’s not graded someone would prob offer you $100, turn around and get it graded, and then have a card that’s worth 100x what it was prior.

what type of collection do you have? What era are the cards from? I might be able to help.
I just heard about the PSA Rating - thanks for your sharing.

don't know how reliable this link is , but it might give you an idea of what your cards should be worth
If you have a fairly large amount of cards you might consider buying a table to sell them at a card show in your area if one is planned.
Dealers usually will give you far less then you can sell for on your own.

Even try a swap meet to see if you can sell some before using card dealer to buy your cards.
Maybe e-bay or Craigslist after you get approx value of your collection
Then let the dealer buy what you can't sell on your own.

check your cards here ( hope link helps)
Free Card Price Guide - Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, Football, MMA & more | PriceGuide.Cards
https://www.priceguide.cards/

Can you elaborate more on your collection? What years are they from? Are they single cards, sets, packs? How have they been stored and what kind of condition? Maybe a couple of examples of what you feel are the most valuable.

Don't know where you are from, but this company just moved to Millburn and are planning something for September. Perhaps you can give them a call and see if they have any good advice for you. Good luck!

Reactions: redking
Wouldn't you think that the internet would reduce the prices of these cards as you can see their images anytime you please?
Yet,that hasn't happened.

Dean's Sports Cards is asking almost 9 grand for 55 card set of Mars Attacks from 1962.

ADVERTISEMENT