ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Baseball Trivia

Bill Denehy.

I had a seat behind the plate in the mezzanine level in '67 to see the Giants bomb him.I went to watch Marichal,of course.

Reactions: colbert17
Who was the starting 3rd baseman for the New York Mets first game in franchise history?

*** I looked this up on wikipedia to make sure I was correct and found another interesting fact:

Who was the first MLB'er to wear a batting helmet?

Who was the starting 3rd baseman for the New York Mets first game in franchise history?

*** I looked this up on wikipedia to make sure I was correct and found another interesting fact:

Who was the first MLB'er to wear a batting helmet?
Don Zimmer?

I just cheated and went to baseball reference. I didn't realize that the HOF player you
mentioned played for San Diego ( 4 years ). I always thought he played for you know who.

I just cheated and went to baseball reference. I didn't realize that the HOF player you
mentioned played for San Diego ( 4 years ). I always thought he played for you know who.

Winfield only had 23. The HOFer had 57 and the third guy had 61.It might be the first time a team had three guys with 50+ SB in the same season. Not sure.
The HOFer only had a career average with the Padres of about .230. That changed when he was traded for Garry Templeton.

Winfield only had 23. The HOFer had 57 and the third guy had 61.It might be the first time a team had three guys with 50+ SB in the same season. Not sure.
The HOFer only had a career average with the Padres of about .230. That changed when he was traded for Garry Templeton.
Ozzie Smith

What three Met infielders pulled off a triple play in The Odd Couple movie?

The play is available in widescreen on lookmovie.io around the 40-45 minute mark.

I cant think of his name and I dont want to look it up but did the Mets have an infielder named Jerry something at that time?
Am I on the right track?

The MLBer with the most career teammates is Rickey. Rickey is the answer. Rickey is disappointed no one knew that question pertained to Rickey. 725 different teammates
I saw Rickey play in Jersey City.

I believe that he is named after a 50's teen idol:His name is Rickey Nelson Henderson.I assume that his mother was smitten with the Tuneful Teanecker.

Johnny Mize is an under appreciated star, .312 lifetime BA, 10X All Star, batting champ, 4x HR champ, top 10 in MVP voting 6 times. All this while losing three years to the war.
BBWAA did not vote him into the HOF??? Inducted by the Veterans Committee.
Lost his age 30-32 year seasons, that's in his prime. imagine his numbers if he played during that time.

What player has hit into the most double plays? A ridiculous percentage of the top 20 hit into double plays player are Hall of Famers of HoF worthy.

Who were the MLB teams that used to have Spring Training in Lakewood and Asbury Park ?

Not the answer but it seems like every time he got up with men on for the Mets, Roy McMillan would get doubledupWhat player has hit into the most double plays? A ridiculous percentage of the top 20 hit into double plays player are Hall of Famers of HoF worthy.

Rusty Staub had such an unusual swing, but it certainly worked. And I miss Jarry Park.

ADVERTISEMENT