ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Cover

A friend of mine knew someone that knew Whitney growing up. She was way more a girl from the hood than her image was. People used to blame Bobby Brown for her downfall but it was more the reverse. Extremely talented, one of the greatest vocalists but was different than her image from what I heard.
I’m a music person and “image” or where they grew up or who they hung with or what she was like off stage isnt that important to me. My affection is based on what I hear primarily. Her physical appearance didn’t hurt either. Like many pop stars, I don’t think she was that happy and I think the pop star life had a lot to do with it.

I’m a music person and “image” or where they grew up or who they hung with or what she was like off stage isnt that important to me. My affection is based on what I hear primarily. Her physical appearance didn’t hurt either. Like many pop stars, I don’t think she was that happy and I think the pop star life had a lot to do with it.
I agree, her talent was amazing. My point was, from what I was told, she was into the drug scene early in life way before she was famous. Her downfall was not from hanger on’s that came aboard for her fame, she was already on a bad path.

Nickelback>>Disturbed.
Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Certain songs are like an emotional, and very real, time machine. This is one of them. BAM - right back to being 18, lol. I hope I never lose that feeling.

When I saw Rick smiling at certain points of the song - you can tell he is tapping into that as well. I’m like…yup. Got the same smile, got the same vibe. And, for just fleeting of moments/minutes…we‘re kids again…
Really well said - I feel exactly the same way about that and other songs and agree you can tell Beato just loved doing that song.

This movie appears to have an awesome cover of Tom Petty's "Won't Back Down" Gives me chills.

Reactions: Jm0513
One of my favorite singers these days is Rachel Price from Lake Street Dive. Here they are doing a really good cover of The Kinks “Lola”:

The Allmans at Filmore East , cover of T Bone Walker’s “Stormy Monday”. Most rock bands when they cover a standard blues number play it too fast and overplay. What do the Allman’s do? Slow the tempo and interject some jazz chords. That’s artistry and it is why this band in my opinion remains underrated in the big picture. These guys were in their early to mid 20s here:

The Allmans at Filmore East , cover of T Bone Walker’s “Stormy Monday”. Most rock bands when they cover a standard blues number play it too fast and overplay. What do the Allman’s do? Slow the tempo and interject some jazz chords. That’s artistry and it is why this band in my opinion remains underrated in the big picture. These guys were in their early to mid 20s here:

The little flub in the intro of the song was for good reason. The Allman Bros Fillmore version of Stormy Monday is very similar to the Bobby Bland cover.

One of my all-time favorite songs. The Albert King / Stevie Ray version is damn good, too. Don't much care for the Cream version.

Thunderstruck by Steve'n'Seagulls​

This guy on the banjo will blow your mind...thanks everyone for responding to the post...
Regards

Jona, Elaine Duran, and 17yo Sheena Belarmino cover Heart’s Alone

For people that like pure vocals, The Birit Queens perform a rock medley during their concert in Abu Dhabi.

Morissette first singing Led Zeppelin
Klarisse next singing Meatloaf
Jona next singing The Beatles
Angeline next singing Heart

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT