ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Pizza Woodbridge/Middlesex County?

Many say that Strawberrys in Woodbridge has the best pizza. I would agree with them.

Believe they still have a deal of two slices and a domestic draft beer for $ 5. Tell them you want your slices from a fresh pie when it first comes out of the oven. That is the way to go.

Reactions: Underdogs88
Yes strawberries. Very good and they still have the 2 slices and a beer for $5. But I still rather get a fresh pie custom made. Take out places: Pizza time in avenel. Rocco's in avenel. Eric legrand likes rocco's and references that in his book.
If you want to go south over the bridge sciorintinos in south amboy is very good, they seem to be better when they are less crowded . Sciorintinos has a a Perth amboy location that's a more of a takeout place. Go a little east over the other bridge and there is Staten Island. Lots of good pizza places there.
One town over is Nancy's in Rahway is very good. Thin crust.
You want a chain? Anthonys at Menlo is good for a chain. Good beer selection.

Dog You are entitled to your humble opinion . I have been to all but Strawberries and in my humble opinion Contes is the place for pie. Agree to :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:disagree?

Reactions: Crimedog2
My favorites in this area: Sciortino's in South Amboy, Nancy's Town House in Rahway (the thinnest crust pizza anywhere I know of), Brooklyn Boys (great tomato pie - best pepperoni slice anywhere, IMO), Menlo Pizza, and I still love Highland Pizza. We live in Metuchen, but ever since Roberto died, there hasn't been great pizza in town - there's good pizza at Antonio's, Joey D's and La Rosa, but it's not great.

Have been to almost every pizza place listed above and yes many are very good ...Strawberries...Nancy's...Sciortinos ...but none better than Pizza Time in Avenel ( Woodbridge)...this place is mobbed on most days especially from Thursday -Sunday...the answer is in their sauce and crust... originally from Brooklyn NY.... Pizza Time has been a Woodbridge staple for over 35 years...

CNJ best pizza contest in Central Jersey went to Rome Pizza in Dunellen a few years back (good pizza). Strawberries is tops in Woodbridge.

I second Rome in Dunellen. In South Amboy Delio's tops Sciortino's. Sciortino's is decent but Nancy's TH in Rahway is the real deal as far as thin crust pie

Many say that Strawberrys in Woodbridge has the best pizza. I would agree with them.

Believe they still have a deal of two slices and a domestic draft beer for $ 5. Tell them you want your slices from a fresh pie when it first comes out of the oven. That is the way to go.
Strawberry's is very, very good. Get the bacon-cheddar or Mexican pie.

Have been to almost every pizza place listed above and yes many are very good ...Strawberries...Nancy's...Sciortinos ...but none better than Pizza Time in Avenel ( Woodbridge)...this place is mobbed on most days especially from Thursday -Sunday...the answer is in their sauce and crust... originally from Brooklyn NY.... Pizza Time has been a Woodbridge staple for over 35 years...
Pizza Time? Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.(an ongoing tribute to Yogi)

Worked/lived in area for 15 yrs, miss the pizza and all cuisine types in area. Some pizza joints that stood out:
Mama Lenas - Hopelawn (Woodbridge) & Strawberrys.

Cross over to Union County and options improve with:

Mamas Gourmet Pizza in Roselle/Linden Raritan Rd,

Plum Tomato formerly Papa Vito Rahway,NJ

and of course there is the Pizza Capital if NJ, Elizabeth: Santillos and Spirito's.

There is a pizza place downtown Woodbridge one block from the train station that I thought had excellent pizza

Wow i cant believe everyone is saying Strawberries. That place is all hype. The pizza there is very below average.

Milanos on Florida Grove Road is the best in Woodbridge.

Maybe put Fritos on the pie like Papa John's. You wouldn't know good pie if it bit you.
First of all, if a pizza bit me, it would be a pretty good sign that the meat toppings were a bit under-cooked. Which would pretty much rule it out as good pie. Second, I've never Papa John's pizza nor have I ever had a Frito (yuk).

Lastly, I've had pizza at almost all of the places mentioned in this thread and then some. And, although I once had a narrow-minded view of pizza like you, I was eventually persuaded to try Strawberry's bacon-cheddar pizza. And I'm telling you, it is either the best or second best pizza I've ever had. It's not what I expected and if you haven't had it, it won't be what you expect either.

I think maybe the best was the sausage and garlic from the original Sciortino's location in Perth Amboy, before it was eminent-domained. But it has been awhile and although they're using the same recipe, the Sciortino's pizza at Harbor Lights in South Amboy is just not quite as good.

Which reminds me I need to go try the new location in Perth Amboy.

First of all, if a pizza bit me, it would be a pretty good sign that the meat toppings were a bit under-cooked. Which would pretty much rule it out as good pie. Second, I've never Papa John's pizza nor have I ever had a Frito (yuk).

Lastly, I've had pizza at almost all of the places mentioned in this thread and then some. And, although I once had a narrow-minded view of pizza like you, I was eventually persuaded to try Strawberry's bacon-cheddar pizza. And I'm telling you, it is either the best or second best pizza I've ever had. It's not what I expected and if you haven't had it, it won't be what you expect either.

I think maybe the best was the sausage and garlic from the original Sciortino's location in Perth Amboy, before it was eminent-domained. But it has been awhile and although they're using the same recipe, the Sciortino's pizza at Harbor Lights in South Amboy is just not quite as good.

Which reminds me I need to go try the new location in Perth Amboy.

I like both of these posters, but personal attacks in a pizza thread ? Color me impressed !

Don't get the Pizza Time love - always thought they were average. San Remo on Main St. in Woodbridge back in the day was amazing but haven't had their pizza in a while. Funny that I grew up about 2 miles from Strawberrys and never had their pizza - will have to try when I'm back in the area.

I'll give a second or third at this point on Rome Pizza inn Dunellen. Just an old schools pizza parlor that just does pizzas and calzones, and that's it. First generation family and the sauce is still made from scratch by Mrs Confalone daily. The Sicilian pie is the best I've ever had. The crust is light and airy, never heavy and greasy.

Yes strawberries. Very good and they still have the 2 slices and a beer for $5. But I still rather get a fresh pie custom made. Take out places: Pizza time in avenel. Rocco's in avenel. Eric legrand likes rocco's and references that in his book.
If you want to go south over the bridge sciorintinos in south amboy is very good, they seem to be better when they are less crowded . Sciorintinos has a a Perth amboy location that's a more of a takeout place. Go a little east over the other bridge and there is Staten Island. Lots of good pizza places there.
One town over is Nancy's in Rahway is very good. Thin crust.
You want a chain? Anthonys at Menlo is good for a chain. Good beer selection.

Went to my parents house on Thanksgiving and was happy to see they named a park I played pick up football at as a kid, Eric LeGrand park, a couple of blocks away from Rocco's. That fence in the background used to be a barbed wire fence and was General Dynamics, which made bombs.Those new condos weren't allowed to be built until they removed all the radioactive dirt.

636123133205715022-eric-legrand.jpg

Reactions: Saint Puppy
ADVERTISEMENT