ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Big NJ Devils Trade

mikemarc1

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2005
Devils get Taylor Hall from EDM.

Send them Adam Larson.

Great trade for the Devils!! Legitimate superstar.

I can't believe this really just happened. Exactly what we have been missing for sometime.

Highway robbery. Larsson is a very solid d-man but really hasn't lived up to his high draft position. Hall is a World Class player who is only 24 years old and is signed through 2020. Not to mention he played with Henrique in Juniors and the two of them made up a very prolific scoring line. Awesome move by Shero.

Reactions: MikeR0102
GREAT trade. I loved Larsson, but they needed scoring in the worst way. Hall is a stud and a legitimate first line LW.

Highway robbery is right. Oilers making room to sign Lucic and the Devils are the beneficiary.

FANTASTIC TRADE.

I'm on cloud-9 right now.

Looks like great deal for Devils on paper. If Severson / Santini and (maybe another acquired FA D) can step up, the Devils should be back to being a playoff contender this yr.

This helps with the offense. This team needs to make many more moves to be a playoff team again. This is a step in the right direction.

Assuming zacha makes the big club right out of the gate, this offense is looking pretty good on paper. Hall will definitely play with Henrique they were line mates in juniors that won the memorial cup. Big time move shero! Losing Larsson stings but this paves the way for Santini + I'm expecting a bounce back season from severson being paired with Greene.

Highway robbery is right. Oilers making room to sign Lucic and the Devils are the beneficiary.
This is actually a very good deal for both clubs. Oilers were desperate for a top pairing defenseman, Larsson plays 22 mins a game, and Devils were worst scoring team in the league. Each team gains in an area of weakness and deals from depth. Top player for top player, I think both teams get better from this deal.

This helps with the offense. This team needs to make many more moves to be a playoff team again. This is a step in the right direction.

I think the Devils are much closer than that.

Everyone in hockey is a contender if they just make the playoffs. This addresses a huge need...sign a D man FA, and another depth forward..Devils could be a playoff team.

Palmieri, hall, Henrique, blandisi, smith-pelly hopefully signed soon, zacha... That's a nice young group of goal scorers

Palmieri, hall, Henrique, blandisi, smith-pelly hopefully signed soon. That's a nice young group of goal scorers

Need to sign DSP, Bennett, and Merrill very soon. Strange IMO that NJD did not extend qualifying offers to those three. They will be UFAs now on Friday unless signed.

Big props to the Devils front office for the work they've done in the year and half or so they have been here. The 4 offensive lines look roughly 100x better than they did at the start of last season.

I'm hoping they can lure Loui Ericsson to NJ. Another player of his caliber added to the roster pushes out the Ruutu's, Tootoo's and Gionta's of the world. I'd also like to see Smith-Pelly and Schlemko both return along with another veteran d-man.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
I'm hoping they can lure Loui Ericsson to NJ. Another player of his caliber added to the roster pushes out the Ruutu's, Tootoo's and Gionta's of the world. I'd also like to see Smith-Pelly and Schlemko both return along with another veteran d-man.

All three should not be on the roster come opening night, good riddance to garbage.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Very excited for the trade...particularly after reading up on Hall. A few things stand out that make me think he will be Captain of the team before too long.

1. I loved his response to the trade...disappointment in leaving Edmonton, excitement for the future, but also acknowledging that his pride took a hit and that he will be very motivated.

2. Conor McDavid roomed with him on the road and lived in his house. Tells you what the Oilers think about his character and ability to positively influence a talent like Conor McDavid. If he was anything less than professional, there is no way they put those two together.

3. Oiler fans are pissed that he is going, which tells you that he is an honest, hard-working, competitive kid. That is consistent with what is being said about him...so I am very excited that the Oilers aren't dumping a primadonna on the Devils.

Very excited to see how this all turns out!

The GM for the Oilers also traded Seguin a couple years ago. That GM is terrible.

I work closely with a Bruins fan in my office who just shook his head after learning of this trade yesterday. He knows all too well about the havoc Chiarelli (Oilers GM) can wreak. Us Devils fans are lucky to comfortably transition from 1 legendary (albeit fading) hockey mind in Lamoriello to another great mind in Shero.

I was hoping Hall would sign with my Islanders. Tavares and Hall on the same line would be ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure Andy Greene is captain and that's not changing anytime soon...I wouldn't call ruutus giontas etc. garbage. They're fourth liners. Were you expecting them to be gretzkys? Geesh......

Hall has been disappointing, never reached expectations in his 6 seasons. He is also hurt a lot.

I'm pretty sure Andy Greene is captain and that's not changing anytime soon...I wouldn't call ruutus giontas etc. garbage. They're fourth liners. Were you expecting them to be gretzkys? Geesh......
Ruutu gionta too too Kennedy are hot garbage . Old and slow. Need some young/hungry kids in the bottom 6

Again while I agree with the youth infusion, level your expectation of certain players. Not everyone can be a superstar, you must be a Yankee fan lol

Hall is a bit injury prone for sure my only concern about him. gotta hope him cammy and everyone stays healthy!

Again while I agree with the youth infusion, level your expectation of certain players. Not everyone can be a superstar, you must be a Yankee fan lol
Tootoo Kennedy gionta Ruutu played 230 games and scored 8 goals last season . Sislo and pietila played 25 and scored 4 . Anyone with half a brain could figure out that those guys are hot garbage . And ur hall is hurt theory? He's played 210 of 246 games last 3 years .

They are all great character guys off the ice, but NJ had too many players that provided absolutely nothing offensively. Too many goal scoring droughts of 30-40-50 games on this team. Zajac had a hand in that too for that matter. I'd say they had the worst bottom 6 forwards in the NHL last year offensively. Looking forward to seeing what they're able to get done in FA starting today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT